Hans Christian Anderson Psychology.

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
There were stories we were told as children that were designed to teach a lesson.

"The Emperor's New Clothes" (Danish: Kejserens nye klæder) is a short tale written by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, about two weavers who promise an emperor a new suit of clothes that they say is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent – while in reality, they make no clothes at all, making everyone believe the clothes are invisible to them. When the emperor parades before his subjects in his new "clothes", no one dares to say that they do not see any suit of clothes on him for fear that they will be seen as stupid. Finally a child cries out, "But he isn't wearing anything at all!" The tale has been translated into over 100 languages. "

Frankly, I couldn't believe that the population of that country could be convinced to either pretend they saw the 'invisible clothes,' or that the population were such cowards that they would lie an claim to see them.

I believe it now.

Huge numbers of seemingly intelligent folks claim to see the totally imaginary 'institutional racism,' and 'white privilege' leading the riots.

Is it 'mob psychology' or simple cowardice????

What's funny but not funny is that so many of those who have joined the rioters and terrorists actually believe that the aggressors appreciate the support.

I saw this vid of three white boys who saw the rioters in the street, and waved and gave them a thumbs-up.

Guess what they received for their obeisance.

"Signaling White Guys as They Yell 'We're on Your Side'

Several individuals, all apparently male, all apparently white, are having some kind of party. A few floors below, a steady stream of protesters pass on the road.

The person recording can be seen giving the thumbs-up sign to the protesters. Less than a second later, a projectile comes crashing through the adjacent window. The thumb goes down.

“We’re on your side!” one of our woke protagonists yells.

Another projectile crashes through the other window."

There were stories we were told as children that were designed to teach a lesson.

"The Emperor's New Clothes" (Danish: Kejserens nye klæder) is a short tale written by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen, about two weavers who promise an emperor a new suit of clothes that they say is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent – while in reality, they make no clothes at all, making everyone believe the clothes are invisible to them. When the emperor parades before his subjects in his new "clothes", no one dares to say that they do not see any suit of clothes on him for fear that they will be seen as stupid. Finally a child cries out, "But he isn't wearing anything at all!" The tale has been translated into over 100 languages. "

Frankly, I couldn't believe that the population of that country could be convinced to either pretend they saw the 'invisible clothes,' or that the population were such cowards that they would lie an claim to see them.

I believe it now.

Huge numbers of seemingly intelligent folks claim to see the totally imaginary 'institutional racism,' and 'white privilege' leading the riots.

A majority of Americans seem to have overnight become political officers for the burn down America movement. We've got civilians, cops, soldiers and politicians kneeling before barbarians. We've got people kissing other people's feet. We've got all manner of hideous gestures of absolute submission to radical leftism and we've got millions and millions of Americans terrified to say out loud what they really think about what's going down out there in the streets. I'd say belief in invisible clothes is definitely within the realm of doable.

I believe it now.

A majority of Americans seem to have overnight become political officers for the burn down America movement. We've got civilians, cops, soldiers and politicians kneeling before barbarians. We've got people kissing other people's feet. We've got all manner of hideous gestures of absolute submission to radical leftism and we've got millions and millions of Americans terrified to say out loud what they really think about what's going down out there in the streets. I'd say belief in invisible clothes is definitely within the realm of doable.

I'd say we need to find a substitute for the line about 'land of the free, and home of the brave.'

It is difficult to explain the avalanche of support for Black Lives Matter, and 'systemic racism,' when the facts and the math proclaim quite a different set of facts.

"Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz denounced the “stain . . . of fundamental, institutional racism” on law enforcement during a Friday press conference. He claimed blacks were right to dismiss promises of police reform as empty verbiage.

This charge of systemic police bias was wrong during the Obama years and remains so today.

A solid body of evidence finds no structural bias in the criminal-justice system with regard to arrests, prosecution or sentencing. Crime and suspect behavior, not race, determine most police actions.

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population."

Or, to put it another way....

Rule #1
Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.

Forum List

Back