Hamas says ready to hand Gaza to a Palestinian unity government

Will a true Palestinian Unity government ever materialize?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

• Likely

• Doubtful

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kondor3

Cafeteria Centrist
Jul 29, 2009
Illinois, USA
Reuters is reporting that Hamas is ready to hand-over Gaza to a Palestinian unity government.

What would such a unity government look like?

What support would it get from the Muslim world?

Does such a government stand a snowball's chance in Hades of ever materializing?

Are the fanatical dogmatists of Hamas too far gone down the road to madness that they are no longer capable of compromising enough for such a thing to happen?

Is it too late - perhaps by decades - for any such move?

Is this a precursor to collapse in Gaza?

Have the Israelis won - or come a big step closer to winning?

What would be the reaction of Israel - internally, diplomatically, militarily, legally?

What territory would a Palestinian Unity Government have remaining to them, to govern?

This one holds all kinds of possibilities for discussion.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reuters is reporting that Hamas is ready to hand-over Gaza to a Palestinian unity government.

What would such a unity government look like?

What support would it get from the Muslim world?

Does such a government stand a snowball's chance in Hades of ever materializing?

Are the fanatical dogmatists of Hamas too far gone down the road to madness that they are no longer capable of compromising enough for such a thing to happen?

Is it too late - perhaps by decades - for any such move?

Is this a precursor to collapse in Gaza?

Have the Israelis won - or come a big step closer to winning?

What would be the reaction of Israel - internally, diplomatically, militarily, legally?

What territory would a Palestinian Unit Government have left to govern?

This one holds all kinds of possibilities for discussion.

Enjoy.
Never too late,but your comments are so bias,anti-Palestinian as to render your post JUNK MAIL,not all Jews are so negative or agressive.

The holdup has been that Hamas wants the security forces under the control of the ministry of interior where it should be and its activities conforming to the constitution.

Abbas wants security under his personnel control where it constantly violates the constitution and the rights of the people. Hamas, etc. have been consistently targeted by these illegal actions.

Only in Tin's world is Hamas' military wing the right party to ensure security in the strip rather than Abbas. Cuckoo.

Mossad would have to stop infiltrating agents to stir up animosity between the different factions, so it's extremely unlikely.

Only in Tin's world is Hamas' military wing the right party to ensure security in the strip rather than Abbas. Cuckoo.
The only way to solve the issue is for Abbas to step down. After all his term in office expired in January of 2009.Then the constitutional procedure can move forward.

The constitution states that the speaker of parliament temporarily assume the office of president and call for election within 60 days.

Follow the law. Problem solved.

The only way to solve the issue is for Abbas to step down. After all his term in office expired in January of 2009.Then the constitutional procedure can move forward.

The constitution states that the speaker of parliament temporarily assume the office of president and call for election within 60 days.

Follow the law. Problem solved.

Islamic terrorists feel bound by laws?

You are a hoot,

Peaceful transitions of power and respect for democratic processes have had very little success in Arab history. If you want power, you take it and kill anyone and everyone who gets in your way. Historically, that's how they do things, with few exceptions. I have very little confidence that the Palestinians will ever be successful at anything, other than stabbing Jews, of course.

Peaceful transitions of power and respect for democratic processes have had very little success in Arab history. If you want power, you take it and kill anyone and everyone who gets in your way. Historically, that's how they do things, with few exceptions. I have very little confidence that the Palestinians will ever be successful at anything, other than stabbing Jews, of course.
It was the US and Israel who trashed their last election because the Palestinians voted for the wrong people.

It was the US and Israel who trashed their last election because the Palestinians voted for the wrong people.

You mean like how Obama interfered in Israel's election?

At this point I think it is far more likely that a Palestinian Unity government will follow Hamas' point of view (I mean, come on, that is why they are doing it, isn't it?). If someone can show me a political successor to Abbas who is actually invested in creating a peace, I'd love to see it.

At this point I think it is far more likely that a Palestinian Unity government will follow Hamas' point of view (I mean, come on, that is why they are doing it, isn't it?). If someone can show me a political successor to Abbas who is actually invested in creating a peace, I'd love to see it.

The Palestinians could probably get peace AND a state if they did two things. Recognize Israel and stop attacking Israeli Jews. They could have had that back in 1948.

The Palestinians could probably get peace AND a state if they did two things. Recognize Israel and stop attacking Israeli Jews. They could have had that back in 1948.

Weird, huh? In order to have peace you have to, you know, actually BE peaceful.

Yea, crazy concept, eh?
Except Israel are not peaceful

Go to "Israel: Helping To Make A Better World" Thread and try to say it again that Israel IS NOT peaceful. :)

Yea, crazy concept, eh?

Go to "Israel: Helping To Make A Better World" Thread and try to say it again that Israel IS NOT peaceful. :)
Israel,are not peaceful.....You Boasting Pharisee

Yea, crazy concept, eh?

Israel,are not peaceful.....You Boasting Pharisee

If that's true, then why is it that Israel has been at peace with neighbors Egypt and Jordan for decades?

Forum List

Back