Halloween: The Only Holiday Without A Point

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Yet I still love it and I can't wait for spooky season 2023 as we are currently only a few days away until mudwhistle and I start Spooktember. 🎃

I mean Thanksgiving has a point, as we're celebrating being thankful for what we have. Christmas is a little about that too but it's more about the birth of Christ and helping the less fortunate. Easter is celebrating Christ's resurrection, The Fourth of July is celebrating our independence from Britain New Year's is obvious,... Yet the only thing that Halloween celebrates (at least anymore) is just having fun. Of course there's absolutely nothing wrong with that either. :D

I realize that it has a dark past and it comes from All Hallows' Day or something, but all it's known for these days is getting scared, getting candy, carving pumpkins, and having festivals and parties. I'm finally getting a chance to go to my very first Halloween party this October. I'm not sure what costume I'll go for, but I know that I'm going as Pennywise and I really want this mask. :D

Last edited:
Yet I still love it and I can't wait for spooky season 2023 as we are currently only a few days away until mudwhistle and I start Spooktember. 🎃

I mean Thanksgiving has a point, as we're celebrating being thankful for what we have. Christmas is a little about that too but it's more about the birth of Christ and helping the less fortunate. Easter is celebrating Christ's resurrection, The Fourth of July is celebrating our independence from Britain New Year's is obvious,... Yet the only thing that Halloween celebrates (at least anymore) is just having fun. Of course there's absolutely nothing wrong with that either. :D

I realize that it has a dark past and it comes from All Hallows' Day or something, but all it's known for these days is getting scared, getting candy, carving pumpkins, and having festivals and parties. I'm finally getting a chance to go to my very first Halloween party this October. I'm not sure what costume I'll go for, but I know that I'm going as Pennywise and I really want this mask. :D

I like the next day better:

Halloween has become a day celebrated only amongst close friends. Because you can't trust strangers not to lace holiday treats with rat poison or LSD. Come to think of it LSD might be just what I need right now.

• Banned
It has a point...FREE CANDY!!! :banana:

Yeah and to the group of uptight religious people on here we get hosed with holy water. It happens every single freaking year. I can handle witches, zombies, and ghosts... But send a Jehovah witness to my door, vegan, or anti-Halloween Christian then I have nightmares for weeks. :eek:

Last edited:

That's scary.

• Banned
That's scary.

Yeah but I'm rethinking it now because I know how to REALLY scare a LOT of people. (I still really want to be Pennywise, but hey, it would still make a lot people have nightmares. ;) )

6-halloween-costume-donald-trump-mask-robert-ullmann.jpg

Yeah but I'm rethinking it now because I know how to REALLY scare a LOT of people. (I still really want to be Pennywise, but hey, it would still make a lot people have nightmares. ;) )

View attachment 822160
If you want to scare a bunch of people....wear a N95 mask and start coughing.

F4owCdpWkAAEG_z.jpg

Halloween was my favorite growing up. No need for chaperones, no razor blades in the candy. More candy than we could possibly eat, but lots of nickels and dimes in my bag as well.

but lots of nickels and dimes in my bag as well.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but your neighbors were cheapskates. Unless you grew up in a time where that would be like a hundred dollars today or something.

Halloween began as the pagan holiday of Samhain. The end of harvest. Spirits would haunt the new harvest. The were granted one night, All Hallow's Eve, to walk the earth. The dawn would bring All Saint's Day when the saints of heaven would drive the spirits away.

This has nothing to do with the Mexican day of the dead which is a kind of memorial day to remember those that have passed.

Forum List

Back