Hallmark Holiday Movies Aren't As Good As They Used To Be.....Thanks To PC & Wokishness

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Hallmark movies 5.jpeg

I used to love these things. Nothing like a holiday movie with bright colors and people being nice to each other......and it also helps that everything turns out perfect.

The problem is they don't put the time and the effort into producing a good product anymore. Most Hallmark movies take only 2-3 weeks to shoot.....and it shows.

But what's worse is they've been invaded with wokish nonsense:

Hallmark Movies Are Too "Woke"
Under the leadership of Crown Media CEO, Bill Abbott, Hallmark movies skyrocketed in popularity. Each movie was unique, and Abbott stayed true to his prime demographic--older crowds who wanted clean entertainment. In time, younger viewers were attracted to the network. Entire families could co-watch any program on Hallmark because programs were filtered and clean.​
Abbott was a graduate of The Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts, and true to his faith, he never compromised his values when deciding on scripts and programming for Crown Media.​
Former CEO of Crown Media, Bill Abbott

Even though Abbott allowed movies that appeared faith-based in some respects, no particular religion was every mentioned, allowing viewers to appreciate the acknowledgement of their values without labeling it to exclude others of differing belief systems.​
In 2019, Abbott yanked Zola ads that featured a same-sex wedding. Within a month, Abbott was no longer employed by Hallmark, and movie quality has been on a downward trend ever since.​
In 2020, Abbott was replaced by Wonya Lucas, a black woman, and it seems her appointment was meant to placate a small but loud mob demanding diversity and inclusion. While Lucas has the credentials for the job, it's obvious Hallmark made sure a woman of color replaced a white man. In other words, Hallmark made itself a slave to identity politics and "woke" culture.​

View attachment 460499

I used to love these things. Nothing like a holiday movie with bright colors and people being nice to each other......and it also helps that everything turns out perfect.

The problem is they don't put the time and the effort into producing a good product anymore. Most Hallmark movies take only 2-3 weeks to shoot.....and it shows.

Under the leadership of Crown Media CEO, Bill Abbott, Hallmark movies skyrocketed in popularity. Each movie was unique, and Abbott stayed true to his prime demographic--older crowds who wanted clean entertainment. In time, younger viewers were attracted to the network. Entire families could co-watch any program on Hallmark because programs were filtered and clean.​
Abbott was a graduate of The Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts, and true to his faith, he never compromised his values when deciding on scripts and programming for Crown Media.​

Even though Abbott allowed movies that appeared faith-based in some respects, no particular religion was every mentioned, allowing viewers to appreciate the acknowledgement of their values without labeling it to exclude others of differing belief systems.​
In 2019, Abbott yanked Zola ads that featured a same-sex wedding. Within a month, Abbott was no longer employed by Hallmark, and movie quality has been on a downward trend ever since.​
In 2020, Abbott was replaced by Wonya Lucas, a black woman, and it seems her appointment was meant to placate a small but loud mob demanding diversity and inclusion. While Lucas has the credentials for the job, it's obvious Hallmark made sure a woman of color replaced a white man. In other words, Hallmark made itself a slave to identity politics and "woke" culture.​

Most are the same basic plot as all their past holiday movies. They are just starting to throw in some different color faces. I actually thought their not holiday movie this past weekend with the two twin brothers in the cooking competition was at least a bit different for them.

View attachment 460499

My wife watches Hallmark Christmas Movies all year long. but she likes the ones from 15-20 years ago when they had better known actors, better scripts and better production values

View attachment 460499

Most are the same basic plot as all their past holiday movies. They are just starting to throw in some different color faces. I actually thought their not holiday movie this past weekend with the two twin brothers in the cooking competition was at least a bit different for them.
But no whites in them anymore....or the commercials. Its not allowed, unless maybe its 2 white gays or a tranny.

The Equalizer is now a woman. Black. Queen Latifa. I love her, but...she is no equalizer.

When is an asian or native american guy going to play Shaft? Or a hispanic to play Snipes role in Blade?

Or...a white south african as White Panther?

I am a big Hallmark fan especially Christmas movies. I don't watch the ones with black principles, interracial couples or gay couples. I'm not boycotting. I just don't want to see it. I don't watch the movies about royalty and the commoner either.

I was watching Hallmark last night and the movie was a remake from a slightly older one. Celebrity with amnesia gets rescued by a country doctor. Word for word. Remake.

The Equalizer is now a woman. Black. Queen Latifa. I love her, but...she is no equalizer.

When is an asian or native american guy going to play Shaft? Or a hispanic to play Snipes role in Blade?

Queen Latifa is just not a believable action figure. She is still a fat, middle aged black woman.

I am a big Hallmark fan especially Christmas movies. I don't watch the ones with black principles, interracial couples or gay couples. I'm not boycotting. I just don't want to see it. I don't watch the movies about royalty and the commoner either.

I was watching Hallmark last night and the movie was a remake from a slightly older one. Celebrity with amnesia gets rescued by a country doctor. Word for word. Remake.
The left is trying intentionally to make us resent each other.
When you force race down people's throats eventually even the most non-racial person starts to resent the lecturing.

I remember Obama was trying to get the HUD director to force black families into affluent neighborhoods. Biden is still trying to do this. Imagine putting a family that has 5 generations of welfare cases living among rich Democrats in gated communities. I used to have a property that was in a black neighborhood. Every time I mowed the grass I had to do a sweep for Malt Liquor bottles.

Queen Latifa is just not a believable action figure. She is still a fat, middle aged black woman.
She is too mellow. I really like her, but not in this capacity.

View attachment 460499

But no whites in them anymore....or the commercials. Its not allowed, unless maybe its 2 white gays or a tranny.

This was a primarily white cast though one of the twin brothers was gay and married. Stuff like that doesn't generally bother me, and Hallmark does everything, gay or straight, rated G so it was more a nod than essential to the story. It was barely a part of the plot.

View attachment 460499

This was a primarily white cast though one of the twin brothers was gay and married. Stuff like that doesn't generally bother me, and Hallmark does everything, gay or straight, rated G so it was more a nod than essential to the story. It was barely a part of the plot.
I haven't seen it.....the only tasteful depiction I've seen of gays is in "Modern Family".
At least they don't push the sex angle.
It's hilarious and doesn't try to preach or be judgemental.

View attachment 460499

Hallmark holiday movies?

tenor (9).gif

Forum List

Back