Half of young adults are single

I'm single and in my early 30's. I was engaged at 25 but decided I wasn't ready to settle down. I broke the engagement and have had great experiences with quite a few women. Being tied down with one woman is not for me quite yet.

An op ed by somebody named Catherine Thornbecke who writes for Good Morning America that offers "deals and steals on kitchen and home". Based on an unverified Chicago U. survey and opinion by the founder of the "smart dating academy". Yeah right.

I'm single and in my early 30's. I was engaged at 25 but decided I wasn't ready to settle down. I broke the engagement and have had great experiences with quite a few women. Being tied down with one woman is not for me quite yet.
That's far better than the converse, getting married and/or having kids when you are not ready financially or mentally.

If "being tied down" is how you view it- it may not ever be for you, lol! And that's great, if that's what works for you.

This is very interesting.

But not surprising. After all:
  1. Fewer kids today believe in marriage.
  2. Far more women today are empowered to live without needing a man to support or defend them.
  3. Fewer kids today want kids.
  4. Many more today have kids out of wedlock.
  5. Far fewer kids today can afford to buy a house, marry and raise a family.
  6. Government today is not providing the social or economic stability most people want or need before making a major commitment.

Forum List

Back