Had the COVID-19 Test Today

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and boy do they tickle your brain with that damn swab. Sadly, now I am supposed to quarantine myself until I get the results Monday. Oh happy, happy, joy, joy. How many others have had it?

I presume you are experiencing symptoms since you have been advised to self-quarantine.

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and boy do they tickle your brain with that damn swab. Sadly, now I am supposed to quarantine myself until I get the results Monday. Oh happy, happy, joy, joy. How many others have had it?
I was asked if I wanted a covid serology test last week at work. I declined.

Of course you did. Why think about whether you are infecting others?

I presume you are experiencing symptoms since you have been advised to self-quarantine.

When you get tested, they say you are supposed to self-quarantine until you get the results.

We had a politician in Ontario who was tested and was photographed immediately after (against doctors orders to self quarantine until she received the results) at the local liquor store stocking up on some booze. Made for a bit of an uncomfortable Q & A the next day, she was probably wondering who the creep was who took the photo.

Of course you did. Why think about whether you are infecting others?
Educate yourself on what a serology test is, cupcake.

Yeah, that swab up the nose is not fun.
My latest test was negative. Already had the virus a few months back. It was gentler than head cold for me.
People are losing their minds for nothing imo.

Actually, in spite of the masks, most Americans have been exposed by now.
I would fear drunk drivers before I fear covid19.

Last edited:
Tested twice so far. Both negative but went through paid days off quarantine until results. Smoked a lot of weed and watched movies.

Tested twice so far. Both negative but went through paid days off quarantine until results. Smoked a lot of weed and watched movies.

I actually read that weed is supposed to help protect you from getting it.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling so well.

Get well soon.

I'm fortunate enough to be healthy as a horse. Last time I saw a medical doctor was in January. I fainted at home in the bathroom the night before and went into the urgent care the next day. They referred me to the ER and kept me overnight for a few tests. But the only thing they did about the Kung Flu was to ask me if I had visited Red China within the past 2 weeks.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling so well.

Get well soon.

I'm fortunate enough to be healthy as a horse. Last time I saw a medical doctor was in January. I fainted at home in the bathroom the night before and went into the urgent care the next day. They referred me to the ER and kept me overnight for a few tests. But the only thing they did about the Kung Flu was to ask me if I had visited Red China within the past 2 weeks.

The problem is they do not know if the issues I was dealing with are related to other ongoing medical problems or possibly the virus, so they had me tested just in case. I was actually going to the doctor because for some reason my psoriasis which I normally only had on my elbows and sometimes other places, has popped up on my hip, back, calf, and hair line. Thankfully the places on my hairline keep coming and going and aren't too awful bad. They usually just look like small red spots.

I've heard many of those serology tests are unreliable. A lot of false positives.
Same here.

While I have the upmost confidence in the accuracy of testing in our labs, I declined because I wasn't sure how the results would be handled. I read an email that raised some concerns just days before getting a call to commit.

did a pot smoker write the article?....just wondering...

did a pot smoker write the article?....just wondering...

Nope.

"Canadian researchers are studying the potential for marijuana to be used to prevent coronavirus infections.

Researchers at the University of Lethbridge in Calgary are studying more than 400 strains of cannabis and have determined that at least a dozen may offer potential as part of treatments to prevent coronavirus from infecting a host.

According to the researchers, the effective strains have, in some instances, managed to reduce virus receptors, which reduces the chance for an individual to catch coronavirus.

"A number of them have reduced the number of these receptors by 73 per cent, the chance of it getting in is much lower," Dr Igor Kovalchuk told the Calgary Herald. "If they can reduce the number of receptors, there's much less chance of getting infected."

Forum List

Back