Had A Couple of Young Bucks Visit This Afternoon

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
d 001 (2).JPG

d 002 (2).JPG

Did you advertise for "2 Young bucks" on craigslist?
Hmm. Good-looking guys. Hope you are not getting them trained to habits that will make them venison roast, deer burger and venison stew.

Nah, they are just passing through. There is several thousand acres of Smithsonian land behind me. Hell, between the deer and bear I could have guided hunts off my deck if I wasn't in town. ;)

I haven't seen my bucks in awhile. I have 3 doe and a bunch of tweens come through many times a day. I feed them whole corn though. One of the does pretty much tells me when to feed her. She will follow me around ten to 20 feet behind until I empty the corn on the ground. I put out about half a gal three times a day for them. I am training them, imperfectly, to have the habit of moving through the area in a way that spares the landscaping around the house. If I don't feed them, they sure enough will eat pretty much everything back.

The younger the better! We had a herd of Columbian Black-tailed deer that became very frequent guests in our yard. The wild & I do mean WILD antics those fawns pulled off had me and my older sis in stitches. Those fawns dropped me to the lawn in a fit of outright laughter as I lay pounding the lawn in a fit of hysterical laughter not being able to catch my breath. My oldest sis, which did not like the "destructive" deer ended up sitting against a short hedgerow bordering the lawn/driveway with crocodile size tears streaming down her cheeks from laughing so hard. She had actually pissed her jeans. Never again did she complain about those black-tailed deer!

BEST PETS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD EVER!!!!!

Nah, they are just passing through. There is several thousand acres of Smithsonian land behind me. Hell, between the deer and bear I could have guided hunts off my deck if I wasn't in town. ;)
Cool!!

Forum List

Back