GWB turns out was a pretty good President

Why don't you tell us what he would have done in front of a classroom full of small children.

He probably would have politely excused himself to attend to his responsibilities as President of the United States.

So you're willing to prove that nothing was being done until he physically left the classroom. There was no one in charge...is that your claim? And you know what he said back when he was informed as well, correct?

And what would he have done after he excused himself that was different from what was done?

Maybe it is just me

But if I were POTUS and Leader of the Free World, I would be somewhat curious about what the fuck was going on in my country. Someone whispers in your ear that the US is under attack, you stand up, say sorry kids...gotta go
Then go to a nearby classroom to talk to key staff in person

Every person in America ran to a TV when they heard about the attacks......Bush read "My Pet Goat"

Had Gore been President on 9-11-01 I have little doubt that we would have UN troops patrolling our cities to keep us safe........

Gore likely wouldn't have ignored al Queda for the first 9 months. Twin Towers might still be standing.

The UN has no troops.

They might have been standing had Cliinton done "his" job years earlier. :cool:

I can agree Clinton dropped the ball after Oct 12 2000. He should have implemented the war in Afghanistan against al Queda and the Taliban. Gore might have won at least his home state and we could have missed the terms of President Bush.

GWB turns out was a pretty good President

George W. Bush's Resume

images

249.gif

Kids in Class With Bush on 9/11 Say He Was Right to Keep Reading - Michael Moore Was Wrong

For many years media members spearheaded by schlockumentary filmmaker Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" have mocked former President George W. Bush for continuing to read "The Pet Goat" to second-graders after hearing about the attacks on the World Trade Center.

On Tuesday, Time magazine reported that some of the kids in that classroom are speaking out about what happened that morning, and they don't agree with Moore's depiction of events:

Seven-year-olds can't understand what Islamic terrorism is all about. But they know when an adult's face is telling them something is very wrong — and none of the students sitting in Sandra Kay Daniels' class at Emma E. Booker Elementary School that morning can forget the sudden, devastated change in Bush's expression when White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card whispered the terrible news of the Al Qaeda attack. Lazaro Dubrocq's heart started racing because he assumed they were all in big trouble — with no less than the Commander-in-Chief — but he wasn't quite sure why. "In a heartbeat he leaned back and he looked flabbergasted, shocked, horrified," recalls Dubrocq, now 17. "I was baffled. I mean, did we read something wrong? Was he mad or disappointed in us?" (See pictures of people celebrating Osama bin Laden's death.)

All sorts of similar kid fears started running through Mariah Williams' head. "I don't remember the story we were reading — was it about pigs?" says Williams, 16. "But I'll always remember watching his face turn red. He got really serious all of a sudden. But I was clueless. I was just seven. I'm just glad he didn't get up and leave because then I would have been more scared and confused." Chantal Guerrero, 16, agrees: even today she's grateful that Bush regained his composure and stayed with the students until The Pet Goat was finished. "I think the President was trying to keep us from finding out," says Guerrero, "so we all wouldn't freak out." [...]

One thing they'd like to tell Bush's critics — like liberal filmmaker Michael Moore, whose 2004 documentary Fahrenheit 911 disparaged Bush for lingering almost 10 minutes with the Booker students after getting word that two planes had crashed into New York's World Trade Center — is that they think the President did the right thing. "I think he was trying to keep everybody calm, starting with us," says Guerrero. Dubrocq agrees: "I think he was trying to protect us." Booker Principal Gwendolyn Tose'-Rigell, who died in 2007, later insisted, "I don't think anyone could have handled it better. What would it have served if [Bush] had jumped out of his chair and ran out of the room?"

So Moore got something wrong in one of his schlockumentaries? Color me very unsurprised.

Kids in Class With Bush on 9/11 Say He Was Right to Keep Reading - Michael Moore Was Wrong | NewsBusters.org

Clearly, we should put those kids in charge of our country's national defense.

It might not have ever happened if we hadn't been playing Risk the board game in Islamic land for countless decades.

He probably would have politely excused himself to attend to his responsibilities as President of the United States.

So you're willing to prove that nothing was being done until he physically left the classroom. There was no one in charge...is that your claim? And you know what he said back when he was informed as well, correct?

And what would he have done after he excused himself that was different from what was done?

I don't have to prove what everybody already knows. We needed a ship's captain on deck during the raging battle. Instead, we had Karl Rove's carefully crafted image of a captain sitting in a chair trying to figure out what a real captain would do when his ship was under attack. That's what we got when the Supreme Court gave us a former school cheerleader for president instead of a man who had eight years of training as the backup quarterback to a president and commander-in-chief.

But it's history now. But why you or any other conservatives would want to relive one of the numerous examples of Bush's failures as president is beyond my understand. Let him quietly slink into the hall of shame that history will inevitably place him.

And now we have a community agitator and former do nothing Senator masquerading as a president and btw, you brought GWB up and although you did a very nice dance...you didn't answer what was asked.

You actually think that while he was in class no one was in charge and you conveniently ignored what the students themselves said afterwards.

Are you a professional chery picker or just a hobbyist?

I don't have to prove what everybody already knows. We needed a ship's captain on deck during the raging battle. Instead, we had Karl Rove's carefully crafted image of a captain sitting in a chair trying to figure out what a real captain would do when his ship was under attack. That's what we got when the Supreme Court gave us a former school cheerleader for president instead of a man who had eight years of training as the backup quarterback to a president and commander-in-chief.

But it's history now. But why you or any other conservatives would want to relive one of the numerous examples of Bush's failures as president is beyond my understand. Let him quietly slink into the hall of shame that history will inevitably place him.

And now we have a community agitator and former do nothing Senator masquerading as a president and btw, you brought GWB up and although you did a very nice dance...you didn't answer what was asked.

You actually think that while he was in class no one was in charge and you conveniently ignored what the students themselves said afterwards.

Yeah, we didn't need a president. Let the kids decide! And later, we can have ice cream for dinner...every night.

Yeah, we didn't need a president. Let the kids decide! And later, we can have ice cream for dinner...every night.

Obtuse too? Where did I say let them decide. You do know what the word "afterwards" means, right?

I hightlighted what was "posed" to you TWICE.

Mustang huh?...more like Jackass.

Last edited:

Obtuse too? Where did I say let them decide. You do know what the word "afterwards" means, right?

Perhaps we should get those kids' opinions on every matter of national importance. Actually, we could have kids conduct the tours of the Bush library and explain ALL of his decisions to everyone who stops by.

John Q. Citizen: Kids, why did President Bush invade Iraq?

Kids: Because.

John Q. Citizen: Because why?

Kids: Just because!

Had Gore been President on 9-11-01 I have little doubt that we would have UN troops patrolling our cities to keep us safe........

Do you think Gore would have continued to sit in that classroom like an indecisive rabbit while America was under attack?

Why don't you tell us what he would have done in front of a classroom full of small children.

Probably the same thing, give the Secret Service time to set up security for the change in plans......... And wait for further word and confirmation from Washington........ Do you believe he knew the whole story from one whispered sentence?

Gore likely wouldn't have ignored al Queda for the first 9 months. Twin Towers might still be standing.

The UN has no troops.

Really? What are those armbands and Blue helmets that troops from around the world wear here and there?

Perhaps we should get those kids' opinions on every matter of national importance. Actually, we could have kids conduct the tours of the Bush library and explain ALL of his decisions to everyone who stops by.

John Q. Citizen: Kids, why did President Bush invade Iraq?

Kids: Because.

John Q. Citizen: Because why?

Kids: Just because!

Are you so fucking stupid that you're going to try and fool people into thinking the kids were the MAIN issue. Unlike you the others here can read.

Hey folks we have one of those Professional Shills that we spoke of yesterday..MUSTANG.

You ask him one thing and he talks about everything but what he was asked.

Whenever you are ready to reply to what was really said to you feel free..or you can continue to act like an asshole and sidetrack by talking about a minor point posed to you.

Last edited:
Do you think Gore would have continued to sit in that classroom like an indecisive rabbit while America was under attack?

Probably the same thing, give the Secret Service time to set up security for the change in plans......... And wait for further word and confirmation from Washington........ Do you believe he knew the whole story from one whispered sentence?

Exactly. :clap2:

Maybe it is just me

But if I were POTUS and Leader of the Free World, I would be somewhat curious about what the fuck was going on in my country. Someone whispers in your ear that the US is under attack, you stand up, say sorry kids...gotta go

Every person in America ran to a TV when they heard about the attacks......Bush read "My Pet Goat"

No dope. You do just what Ollie said. A president doesn't run out of anywhere without warning and just who do you think was in charge while he was there?

You are one simpleton. Go thank a few dopes like yourself.:cool: In fact you should thank Mustang when he spoke as if he were a child...you think like one. But you've been told that countless times.

Now be sure to divert the subject which is your usual modus operandi.

Last edited:

The UN has no troops.

Really? What are those armbands and Blue helmets that troops from around the world wear here and there?

Yes really. Troops used in peace keeping missions come from member states. Furthemore the US has veto power in the UNSC, so it is not a reasonable fear.

List of countries by number of UN peacekeepers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe it is just me

No dope. You do just what Oliie said. A president doesn't run out of anywhere witout warning and just who do you think was in charge while he was there?

You are one simpleton. Go thank a few dopes like yourself.:cool:

Run out?

Every school has TVs. What person in America did not run to the nearest TV when they heard of the attacks? Bush...Thats who

The President has secure communications wherever he goes. He needed to talk to the guy who was in charge

Dick Cheney.....What do you want me to do? I just peed my pants

Forum List

Back