Gun Shop Score Bonanza

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
There is a local gun shop that's closing it doors and I went in today and made a lot deal.

Three 60s era Walther .22 KKW target rifle that need some TLC (a lot actually)....$150.00

Eight Eagle Industries SWAT tactical vests and drop-leg holsters.....$50.00.

Four M4 Sherman periscopes and four M-5 Stewart viewing ports.....$50.00

Two Rem. 870 Police, M1 carbine, and M1917 stocks.....$100.00

Various and sundry slings, shell belts, and holsters.....$50.00

Discounting what little I keep I figure it's good for about 2K or a bit better. :)

b 003 (2).JPG

b 001 (2).JPG

Outside of the Walther .22s, I see little value in the rest, especially the periscope and view ports. The swat vests might be interesting, if they came with the plates, though I do not see me being in a position where I would need or have time to get into a tactical vest.

They sold the building....It was only open on Saturdays.
Sounds like an army surplus store, more than a gun shop. Still, hate to see these disappear. When I retired, I used these places to buy cheap worn out equipment for all the new equipment, I wanted to keep. Glad I did, as have been using for years on back country trips, after retirement.

Outside of the Walther .22s, I see little value in the rest, especially the periscope and view ports. The swat vests might be interesting, if they came with the plates, though I do not see me being in a position where I would need or have time to get into a tactical vest.
You would be surprised.....I will do very well with it all. I know the market for such stuff. I'll keep very little of it.

I'll cobble two $350.00 rifles of the three Walthers and sell the other's parts.....I figure $900.00 easy.

The vests/holsters are somewhat dated but Eagle Industries is Tier 1 stuff and always sells well.....I figure $60.00 each for the vests and $40.00 each for the holsters.

The tank stuff I already called and have a buyer for, I'll make $150.00 on them.

The Remington top folder will fetch around $350.00, the M1917 stock will bring $175.00 or better. I figure $400.00 worth of leather items and slings.

Sounds like an army surplus store, more than a gun shop. Still, hate to see these disappear. When I retired, I used these places to buy cheap worn out equipment for all the new equipment, I wanted to keep. Glad I did, as have been using for years on back country trips, after retirement.
The owner who had the shop died 10 years ago and most of the odd-ball .mil stuff came from a couple out buildings. The guns were in the shop of course.

They have six Anschutz 64s in various stages of disrepair, if I can get the same deal or something close I might pick those up next week and cobble them together.

You would be surprised.....I will do very well with it all. I know the market for such stuff. I'll keep very little of it.

I'll cobble two $350.00 rifles of the three Walthers and sell the other's parts.....I figure $900.00 easy.

The vests/holsters are somewhat dated but Eagle Industries is Tier 1 stuff and always sells well.....I figure $60.00 each for the vests and $40.00 each for the holsters.

The tank stuff I already called and have a buyer for, I'll make $150.00 on them.

The Remington top folder will fetch around $350.00, the M1917 stock will bring $175.00 or better. I figure $400.00 worth of leather items and slings.

The owner who had the shop died 10 years ago and most of the odd-ball .mil stuff came from a couple out buildings. The guns were in the shop of course.

They have six Anschutz 64s in various stages of disrepair, if I can get the same deal or something close I might pick those up next week and cobble them together.
Speculator, eh. Cool money making hobby. Got a shop, yourself or just keeping a finger on the pulse, so to speak?

You are way high on the vests and holsters. Just sayin. The tank stuff is cheap and you sold it for what it is worth, but the rest is not all that interesting to me I am afraid.

You are way high on the vests and holsters. Just sayin. The tank stuff is cheap and you sold it for what it is worth, but the rest is not all that interesting to me I am afraid.
Meh, I have a pretty good bead on the worth of such things, I'll do fine. ;)

BTW.....They had two Martini Carbines (one in .303 and one in .450) along with several full sized rifles in .450 that came out of the former owner's personal collection. There were about a baker's dozen all told. The carbines were both excellent with neither having sold out of service markings....Pretty rare to see that.

Thing was they had already made a deal with RIA to come and get them along with a couple hundred other guns and higher end militaria.....Sigh, sucks to be me, but hey maybe "Gun Jesus" will do a spot on one of them. ;)

I went back to the well this morning but RIA had picked-up all the collectable guns and a outfit out of Texas is buying the rest.....They sold all the Class III stuff.

I did get a box of decent slings, holsters and such for $50.00.....I'll do very well on them. I should clear around $400.00 and even keep a few things.

I'm selling the shit out of the stuff from the first batch.

j 001 (2).JPG

That's a good score, lotta nice stuff there. Leather shotshell holders that don't stretch out like the nylon stuff. :)
You gotta watch the stitching on the old ones.....It's funny, I pulled six of them out of there and the biggest is size 36-42, most were 30-36...It just goes to show how fat we got.

I've sold the shit out of the stuff on eBay.....$600.00 worth today alone.

I'm refinishing the Carbine stock now, I'm going to use it on a commercial Plainfield carbine.

Yeah, I hear you on the fat. With the covid blow up I blew up! Now I'm back to my getting out of basic training weight, 200# 5-10. beginning 70's. flabbier for sure. But I been working out light, outside chores, building and dropped 4 inches off the waist so far, and dropped any alcohol at all (had to, like it too much), that puts it on..

Holy shit, $600 a good score on selling! I had a Plainfield, miss it. Won a combat match with it. I been looking but not much here in the styx. I'll get to Bowling green and check the pawn shops some time, bout 65mi.

Forum List

Back