CDZ Gun laws

Should concealed carry, castle doctrine, and stand your ground, be nationwide?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • 2. No

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Every big government tends to adopt an authoritarian style of rule. What the US needs is more sovereignty of the States.

We just went through a period where the Feds overstepped it's boundaries. The States took it's powers back. Our Federal Republic may be scary and slow but it ends up working.
Well, I dont understand what you say about the States taking the powers back. Can you give some examples?

I think that the problem is more fundamental and cant be solved without the US Constitution being amended. In particular, I think that the 14th amendment prevents the States to be really sovereign in their internal matters.

I won't give any recent examples as it's just too big a can of worms at this time. Maybe in a year.

You can use the 14th for that purpose until you note that it's all about "Due Process". And the State MUST establish "Due Process" on any law it writes and any law it supports. Meaning, that law must be for ALL and those exceptions must be applied to ALL equally inside it's Provinces or State Borders.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

As far as I'm concerned, I do have a right to keep a gun for home protection. No one has the right to take that from me.

As far as I'm concerned, I do have a right to keep a gun for home protection. No one has the right to take that from me.

And you are absolutely correct. NO court will ever rule the other way. But the State, Province, Country and City may require you to have special permits but they can not make it difficult for you to obtain one. Most don't require you to have even that. Heller V District of Columbia is the most important firearm ruling ever made by the SCotus.

The Bill of Rights is about the rights of the people not the states

The Tenth Amendment is about the rights of the states. More specifically, it's about rights that DO NOT belong to the federal government. It distinguishes three entities that have rights/powers—the federal government, the states, and the people—but its point is to clarify that the federal government only has those powers that the Constitution specifically delegates thereto, the remaining powers/rights belonging to the states or the people.

Let's get something straight. The 2nd amendment is very specific where it prevents the Federals from passing such laws. The Rtwinggunnutters go off so much that that's over looked. It's the States responsibility. As District Court Judge Young said, "If you don't like the way your state's laws are, move".

View attachment 440353

So now you're saying that the capitol police, security details, and bodyguards, should be defunded and replaced with social workers to deescalate somewhat peaceful protests and other potentially volatile situations?

After all that's what many progressives in Congress, governors, and mayors, have called for when it comes to other law enforcement agencies elsewhere. Seems only fair that the capitol should set the example for the rest of the nation.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I don't have time for fruitcake rtwinggunnutters. Have a nice day.

1610295512466.png

Yet my poll currently shows that 94.4% of those polled want consistent guns laws that allow them to conceal carry, castle doctrine, and stand your ground, across the United States.

The 2nd Amendment says my rights to firearms shall not be infringed even by a state or municipality.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Every big government tends to adopt an authoritarian style of rule. What the US needs is more sovereignty of the States.

We just went through a period where the Feds overstepped it's boundaries. The States took it's powers back. Our Federal Republic may be scary and slow but it ends up working.
Well, I dont understand what you say about the States taking the powers back. Can you give some examples?

I think that the problem is more fundamental and cant be solved without the US Constitution being amended. In particular, I think that the 14th amendment prevents the States to be really sovereign in their internal matters.

I won't give any recent examples as it's just too big a can of worms at this time. Maybe in a year.

You can use the 14th for that purpose until you note that it's all about "Due Process". And the State MUST establish "Due Process" on any law it writes and any law it supports. Meaning, that law must be for ALL and those exceptions must be applied to ALL equally inside it's Provinces or State Borders.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
My point wasn't about the due process, this amendment also states: "No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States".

This part can be applied too widely, cant it? As was with abortion rights and same-sex marriage.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

My point wasn't about the due process, this amendment also states: "No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States".

This part can be applied too widely, cant it? As was with abortion rights and same-sex marriage.

Abortion should be state to state. Meanwhile same-sex marriage can be either State or Federal under the Equal Rights amendment using the 14th amendment.

But yes, it can be applied too broadly but that's up to each individual state as long as it applies to everyone (Due Process). It's a lot easier to overturn state laws than Federal ones.

Good one! Here's a little poem to go along with it that's right on topic!

The NRA Song

Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!
Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!
Guns are fun for everyone,
buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you,
Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work,
Guns at play, Guns berserk!
Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!
I’ve got Guns up my nose
‘tween my ears and by my toes.
I’m no fool, I’m so cool,
I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns to my car,
to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer,
in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall,
behind the toilet and in the hall.
I got guns in my bed,
one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast,
Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

The Bill of Rights is about the rights of the people not the states

The Tenth Amendment is about the rights of the states. More specifically, it's about rights that DO NOT belong to the federal government. It distinguishes three entities that have rights/powers—the federal government, the states, and the people—but its point is to clarify that the federal government only has those powers that the Constitution specifically delegates thereto, the remaining powers/rights belonging to the states or the people.
no rights belong to the federal or state governments

all rights belong to and are inherent in the people.

This is the premise our entire government is based on.

all the 10th does is affirm that states can make laws on anything the constitution doesn't explicitly mention. and the Constitution specifically mentions the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

View attachment 440349

Our progressive legislators felt so threatened by the protestors on 6 January 2020 that they had a unarmed woman shot down like the Thug our president elect thinks those who didn't vote for him are. Well there's others who feel threatened when their windows are knocked out, their stores looted, their buildings burnt, etc, etc, etc,... Since progressives feel that shooting unarmed and armed people is allowed when that Thug is being aggressive then perhaps its time to give the people the means to defend themselves from such threats also.

Isn't it time for the progressive legislators to institute gun laws so other people can feel safe also?

It's time for Congress to pass laws that make concealed carry, castle doctrine, and stand your ground, nationwide.

*****SMILE*****

There were a few guns and one rifle confiscated on Wednesday...but the only one killed by gunfire was an unarmed, female Trump supporters........killed by a government agent without the attempt to arrest her....

Let's get something straight. The 2nd amendment is very specific where it prevents the Federals from passing such laws. The Rtwinggunnutters go off so much that that's over looked. It's the States responsibility. As District Court Judge Young said, "If you don't like the way your state's laws are, move".

And that is exactly what the democrat said when they owned slaves....

There were a few guns and one rifle confiscated on Wednesday...but the only one killed by gunfire was an unarmed, female Trump supporters........killed by a government agent without the attempt to arrest her....

It happened during a threat of revolutionaries attempting to overthrow America's government. At the time the police didn't know that it was nothing more than a buch of clowns who would resort to stealing paper clips out of desk drawers, or clowns such as mr. dressup with the phony horns.

The officer who fired the fatal shot was totally justified of course and most likely chose a female to shoot in the face, to cause the greatest impact on the revolutionaries.

It still could be referred to as a practically bloodless revolution!

The next time the Magas try it there will be a different response from the police!

You should hope!

no rights belong to the federal or state governments

all rights belong to and are inherent in the people.

This is the premise our entire government is based on.

all the 10th does is affirm that states can make laws on anything the constitution doesn't explicitly mention. and the Constitution specifically mentions the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

In a sense, that's true. Although I've been using “rights” and “powers” in a way to suggest that they are the same, there's a reason why the Tenth Amendment says “powers” and not “rights”.

What belong to the people are rights. Powers are where we delegate some of our rights to government, because there are some instances where our rights are better upheld by delegating them to an organized authority than by exercising them directly. If, for example, one if the victim of a crime, one has a right to seek justice and restitution for that crime. But if we don't have government, then it is left up to each individual to seek whatever “justice” he thinks he deserves, which generally tends to lead to an unending and uncontrolled cycle of revenge. This is one area in which are rights are better managed if we have an organized orderly and standardized government-based manner of managing it; with a standardized set of laws, a standard establish set of consequences for violating those laws, and an organized system for determining when a law has been broken, and how to apply the consequences.

The Tenth Amendment rightfully recognizes that there is a distinction between what belongs to the people, what belongs to the states, and what belongs to the federal government; but it really only concerns itself with pointing out what DOES NOT belong to the federal government.

An excellent article on the subject is Ezra Taft Benson's speech on The Proper Role of Government. It's kind of a long article, but a very worthwhile read. The ultimate root of it is that all legitimate government powers stem from the rights of individuals who are to be served by that government.

Not a dam thing wrong with guns. People turning a blind eye to undisciplined untrained persons, going around playing cowboys & Indians like little school children. That is a problem.

Real revolutionaries such as Comrad Che or Comrad Fidel would have become even more committed to the revolutionary spirit if one of their female comrads was shot between the eyes on purpose by the state police.

This revolution was nothing more than a bunch of juvenile delinquents who were mostly intent on capturing all the paper clips out of drawers, or mr. dressup with the phony horns and face paint who was only interested in putting on a show.

Next time it could be much more serious!

Doubtful though. Clowns will be clowns!

Not a dam thing wrong with guns. People turning a blind eye to undisciplined untrained persons, going around playing cowboys & Indians like little school children. That is a problem.
You're right on most guns but there's something very wrong with guns such as military assault type weapons.
They reflect the violent attitude of those who have a need to own them. They suit those who will dress up in their camo costumes and walk the streets with their AR type weapons.

Take those type weapons away from them and the need to dress up in military camo goes away with the assault rifles.

And then hopefully, some of the impetus for more US led wars starts to go away too?

You're right on most guns but there's something very wrong with guns such as military assault type weapons.
They reflect the violent attitude of those who have a need to own them. They suit those who will dress up in their camo costumes and walk the streets with their AR type weapons.

Take those type weapons away from them and the need to dress up in military camo goes away with the assault rifles.

And then hopefully, some of the impetus for more US led wars starts to go away too?

You have no idea what you are talking about.....do you understand that the AR-15 rifle is not a military weapon? It has never been used by any military? Do you understand that a deer hunting rifle is an actual military weapon...in use today by our military over seas? That the pump action shotgun is an actual military weapon...in use by our military over seas?

It would be nice if you understood the issues and had some idea what you were talking about....

You have no idea what you are talking about.....do you understand that the AR-15 rifle is not a military weapon? It has never been used by any military? Do you understand that a deer hunting rifle is an actual military weapon...in use today by our military over seas? That the pump action shotgun is an actual military weapon...in use by our military over seas?

It would be nice if you understood the issues and had some idea what you were talking about....
In Canada guns are wots gud.
In America guns are wots bad.
Canadians don't touch, lick, or fondle their guns in places that make the gun feel uncomfortable.

1610319109690.png

So we should ban the sale of something because it looks scary to some person?

That's a very lame excuse and a very slippery slope.

What next we get rid of the bald eagle as a national symbol because it looks scary and we should make the national symbol a turkey or something?

I don't think so!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Forum List

Back