Gun Control question for liberals?

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
The tenure among most Liberals is that they don’t like private citizens owning guns. Yet, if you had your way and everyone turned over their guns, that would leave police and criminals having guns. Liberals are also the first to attack the police. How is it you are okay with police having guns and how would you get guns from criminals?

The tenure among most Liberals is that they don’t like private citizens owning guns. Yet, if you had your way and everyone turned over their guns, that would leave police and criminals having guns. Liberals are also the first to attack the police. How is it you are okay with police having guns and how would you get guns from criminals?

I'm not a liberal, so you get an honest answer here.

Each party wants to expand their tent as they say. The two largest groups for the Democrat party are victims and government dependents. It makes political sense to expand both.

So they remove guns from good people and as you said, left only the criminals and police to be armed. If that would ever happen, it would make all of us law abiding citizens victims. Democrats love victims and victims love Democrats.

As time rolls on, crime would be out of control. So how do you control BIG crime? The same way you control BIG business, BIG pharma, BIG gun lobbies, and that is with a bigger government.

Democrats don't care if we have guns. What bugs them is that we can use them for self-defense. As long as we can take care of ourselves, who needs Democrats around????

"Getting guns from criminals" is pointless. That horse left the barn too long ago. Nor is "if everyone turned in their guns" realistic either.

Your premise in your first sentence is nonfunctional, and a strawman. I guess I could add that your thread title is fake too, since you're not posing a question when you've already tilted the answer.

Actually I'm about as liberal as they come and I don't have a problem with private ownership of guns. I do have a problem with any Joe off the street being able to get one with no training, no insurance, and so on. Let's license them like cars. Some minimal training, laws on storage, and require liability insurance, along with mandatory background checks on all purchases.

What makes you think I don't want private citizens owning guns?

See that, OP? Three posts in a row have called out your strawman. In fact the only post that did not, already self-identified as "not a Liberal".

Also you might want to look up the definition of the word tenure.

Fox news told him so.

Actually I'm about as liberal as they come and I don't have a problem with private ownership of guns. I do have a problem with any Joe off the street being able to get one with no training, no insurance, and so on. Let's license them like cars. Some minimal training, laws on storage, and require liability insurance, along with mandatory background checks on all purchases.

Sorry... Won't fly... You lost me with "on all purchases"...

Fox news told him so.

That must be it. It couldn't have anything to do with liberals suggesting (and passing into law) maximum magazine capacity. It couldn't have anything to do with some liberal cities passing laws against AR's. It couldn't have anything to do with liberals suggesting liability insurance for gun owners. It couldn't' have anything to do with liberals wanting gun manufacturers being held liable for murders committed by people using guns.

It has to do with Fox. And then you wonder why we refer to Democrats as the Uninformed Voters.

Why?

You wanna keep guns outta the hands of criminals right?

Fox news told him so.

That must be it. It couldn't have anything to do with liberals suggesting (and passing into law) maximum magazine capacity. It couldn't have anything to do with some liberal cities passing laws against AR's. It couldn't have anything to do with liberals suggesting liability insurance for gun owners. It couldn't' have anything to do with liberals wanting gun manufacturers being held liable for murders committed by people using guns.

It has to do with Fox. And then you wonder why we refer to Democrats as the Uninformed Voters.
So, why do you need a thirty round mag and an AK 47?

Not for hunting.

Not for target shooting.

Why?

BTW, I have a CCW and a liability policy.

Why?

Read what Pogo posted... He said that horse has left the barn... Criminals will always have what ever they want... Every country in the world with the exception of a few all make Firearms... Where there is a market, there will be a supply...

Fox news told him so.

Not for hunting.

Not for target shooting.

Why?

It's not a matter of need, it's a matter of preference.

If you ever used a gun before (and I'm sure you haven't) higher capacity magazines allow you to focus on your shooting instead of reloading all the time. Furthermore if faced by several attackers instead of one, more rounds gives you better odds of defeating your enemies. The best reason is that most shots are misses. If you are attacked by three people, and only have a six round magazine, chances are you're going to lose that fight unless you are within 6 feet of them when shooting.

Fox news told him so.

Speaking of Uninformed, it couldn't have anything to do with your obstinate resistance to using the term Liberal properly, even after you've been schooled therein, and what it says about your mendacity.

Naaah, couldn't be that.

Not for hunting.

Not for target shooting.

Why?

Same reason you need a $48,000 Ford Pick-up Truck... Because... I will answer the question with all the honesty I can muster... Private Property Protection... As far as the CCW permit, I'm proud of you... It is your right under the protection of the Second Amendment and what every State you live in......

Fox news told him so.

Speaking of Uninformed, it couldn't have anything to do with your obstinate resistance to using the term Liberal properly, even after you've been schooled therein, and what it says about your mendacity.

Naaah, couldn't be that.

You derail almost every topic with that definition crap. Cut it out already and start sticking to the subject of the thread.

Why?

Read what Pogo posted... He said that horse has left the barn... Criminals will always have what ever they want... Every country in the world with the exception of a few all make Firearms... Where there is a market, there will be a supply...
So we might as well not even try?

Iran is already part way to a nuclear bomb, why bother trying to stop them?

Not for hunting.

Not for target shooting.

Why?

Same reason you need a $48,000 Ford Pick-up Truck... Because... I will answer the question with all the honesty I can muster... Private Property Protection... As far as the CCW permit, I'm proud of you... It is your right under the protection of the Second Amendment and what every State you live in......

It may be a constitutional right, but that doesn't mean it won't land you into trouble.

I live in Ohio, a very gun liberal state. I can use deadly force if I am facing the possibility of serious bodily harm (which there is no legal definition of) or death. I can even defend somebody else in the same situation. If somebody attempts to enter my vehicle, over here, it's the same as somebody breaking into your home. I have the legal ability to use deadly force.

However if my permit was allowed in let's say New York, I would never use deadly force unless I was about to be killed myself.

Being able to carry or possess a firearm is only as good as the laws that protect the shooter. If the laws protecting the shooter are weak, it's like having no ability to protect yourself at all.

Fox news told him so.

Not for hunting.

Not for target shooting.

Why?

It's not a matter of need, it's a matter of preference.

If you ever used a gun before (and I'm sure you haven't) higher capacity magazines allow you to focus on your shooting instead of reloading all the time. Furthermore if faced by several attackers instead of one, more rounds gives you better odds of defeating your enemies. The best reason is that most shots are misses. If you are attacked by three people, and only have a six round magazine, chances are you're going to lose that fight unless you are within 6 feet of them when shooting.
So, what do you do where you expect to be confronted by 3 armed opponents?

And if you're within 6 feet an AK is the wrong weapon.

Forum List

Back