Guidelines for burying US Ebola Patients

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This latest news article is about guidelines for burying Ebola Patients in the United States. It is reported that the bodies of the dead still carry the Ebola virus and would infect others. Closed caskets are not airtight and some believe the best action is to cremate the bodies.

Feds issue rules for burying Ebola patients in the U.S. - Yahoo News
the U.S.
Liberian native Thomas Eric Duncan dies from Ebola virus in Dallas; health officials face new challenge in handling body that could stay contagious for days

By Jason Sickles, Yahoo9 hours agoYahoo News

died from the disease Wednesday and now Texas health officials are facing a situation they have not before experienced: how to handle a body that could remain highly contagious for several days.
Thomas Eric Duncan, 42, had been in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian since Sept. 28. His death comes four days after his condition was downgraded from serious to critical.
Duncan had been on a ventilator for several days and was receiving kidney dialysis. Last weekend he started receiving an experimental drug called brincidofovir. There is no known vaccine for the Ebola virus.

cremation is probably the only safe way to go . --- Unless fire makes ebolee stronger !! [or some such]

Common sense is cremation. Burial practices in Africa have caused more to die.

there has been talk about HERMETICALLY sealed caskets , I don't know !! Maybe the best solution would be to seal USA borders and then send caskets with the capability to become Sealed caskets to west Africa .

or send some cases of ' silicone seal ' and cases of caulking guns to west Africa .

maybe , but why embalm if you are going to cremate and cremation seems to be the only sensible solution SLiberty .

Caskets are "not air tight"? :dunno:

But, we've been told this shit isn't airborne.

Now they are saying it could be if someone sneezes or if someone gets sick in their front yard and dogs come along and become infected and they cough or sneeze that can also possibly make it airborne. I'm just starting to hear more about it, Mr. H. This is all news to me.

yep , they killed that dog in Spain because the thought is that it might be able to infect people .

Forum List

Back