Guess they're not getting Trump Tower this week.

"The bond only stays the enforcement actions."

Indeed.
Enforcement lurks.
The intent to clawback ill-gained profits, the require disgorgement remains.
Remains for all of the $440+ million.
And the interest rate clock continues it's sweep. Every minute. Every day.
Tick tock. Tick tock.

Until......

The Appeals Court rules the whole thing is null and void.....or.......the Appeals Court rules it was right and proper to find him liable, and the disgorgement of fraudulently earned profits is right and proper and Don T. and the other fraudsters involved in the ruling must.....pay up.

America is better for our robust Rule of Law.
It is one of the defining strengths of our economy....and our country.

Indeed.
Enforcement lurks.
The intent to clawback ill-gained profits, the require disgorgement remains.
Remains for all of the $440+ million.
And the interest rate clock continues it's sweep. Every minute. Every day.
Tick tock. Tick tock.

Until......

The Appeals Court rules the whole thing is null and void.....or.......the Appeals Court rules it was right and proper to find him liable, and the disgorgement of fraudulently earned profits is right and proper and Don T. and the other fraudsters involved in the ruling must.....pay up.

America is better for our robust Rule of Law.

It is one of the defining strengths of our economy....and our country.
/——/ You azzholes are destroying business in NY. That’s your plan, right?

You azzholes are destroying business in NY.

Well, I don't know much about "azzholes' or businesses in New York.

However, if I did do business in New York I would look for, and highly appreciate an ethic and responsibility towards the American Rule of Law.

A Rule of Law that would protect me as an investor, as a lender, as a vendor, as a client, as a customer......where intentional deceit in business transactions is punishable in a court of law.

Enforcing that Rule of Law is the discipline that keep our markets open, active and robust.

When participants in market transactions egregiously deceive the party on the other side of the transaction and intentionally break the law to take advantage of the other.......there must be a high cost to them. Lest our markets break down..

Again, if I buy, sell, lend, lease, or invest in New York I WANT the Rule of Law to protect me from the intentional deceivers and liars. Trust is one of the foundational pillars of markets. And the deceivers weaken and destroy that trust.

And to more directly respond to the poster 'Cellblock' above: It is willful and egregious violations of commercial law and the denial of the ethic of honestly that will destroy markets.
NOT enforcement of law of convicted violators.

Duh!!

I don't know why you guys keep getting this wrong. The bond only stays the enforcement actions.

The right to appeal exists independent of the enforcement.

The amount of the reduction of the bond ($280 Mil) is consistent with the court enforcing the statute of limitations that they had previously set back in June 2023.

The $175 Mil covers transactions post 2014, with about $40 Mil excess.
I did eventually read an article that basically outlined your explanation, though not nearly as well or succinctly.

That President Trump could have appealed without the submission of bond...but that his properties and accounts could have been seized and even sold off in the mean time while the appeal proceeded.

Thanks for the explanation.

Well, I don't know much about "azzholes' or businesses in New York.

However, if I did do business in New York I would look for, and highly appreciate an ethic and responsibility towards the American Rule of Law.

A Rule of Law that would protect me as an investor, as a lender, as a vendor, as a client, as a customer......where intentional deceit in business transactions is punishable in a court of law.

Enforcing that Rule of Law is the discipline that keep our markets open, active and robust.

When participants in market transactions egregiously deceive the party on the other side of the transaction and intentionally break the law to take advantage of the other.......there must be a high cost to them. Lest our markets break down..

Again, if I buy, sell, lend, lease, or invest in New York I WANT the Rule of Law to protect me from the intentional deceivers and liars. Trust is one of the foundational pillars of markets. And the deceivers weaken and destroy that trust.

And to more directly respond to the poster 'Cellblock' above: It is willful and egregious violations of commercial law and the denial of the ethic of honestly that will destroy markets.
NOT enforcement of law of convicted violators.

Duh!!
/——/ That’s not what business are saying.
Prominent investors have signaled their intent to halt their business in New York following the $355 million verdict in former President Donald Trump’s civil fraud case.

Real estate mogul Grant Cardone announced on Tuesday that his firm Cardone Capital would no longer underwrite New York real estate, one day after Shark Tank star Kevin O’Leary vowed to no longer invest in the state as a result of the verdict.

/——/ That’s not what business are saying.
Prominent investors have signaled their intent to halt their business in New York following the $355 million verdict in former President Donald Trump’s civil fraud case.

Real estate mogul Grant Cardone announced on Tuesday that his firm Cardone Capital would no longer underwrite New York real estate, one day after Shark Tank star Kevin O’Leary vowed to no longer invest in the state as a result of the verdict.
Two blowhards, blowing smoke.

The laws the orange slimebag broke exist to protect investors.

"if he owns jointly"....... and if I was the State of New York (ps....I ain't)....well, if I 'seized' a property with joint ownership I'd go first to one or more of the 'joint'-guys and say: "You wanna make an offer on that 10% that Trump once owned?"
I'd go first to the joint-guys. They would be the most obvious wannabe purchasers. IMO

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, the "legacy media" 'doesn't care about truth?
Yet, are we to presume then that earnest poster Missourian advocates for the truth as revealed by Alex Jones? by Jim Hoft? by Tucker Carlson? Sean Hannity? by the RWNJ-fringie media of bloggers?

Personally, I'll stick with the NYT, WaPo, WSJ, LATimes; Poynter Institute; my local county weekly......before I'd go with InfoWars, WarRoom, GatewayPundit, Brietbart, Mike Lindell, or Roger Stone.

Be you be you, poster Missourian.

---------------------------------------------------

Ummm, no.
You missed something in your reading.
The requirement to request an appeal is to pay the full amount of the judgement (and that 'judgement' amount was detailed and explained by Erdogan in his ruling. It is available online.).
And that 'requirement', by statute, is due 30-days after the ruling.

Homework is a thing.
Trust me on that.
----------------------------------------------------

Capital goes where it is safest (vis-a-vis...risk/reward).

I mean by that, America benefits by the perception of our ethic and practice of "The Rule of Law". Cuba, Venzuela, Russia, et al, do not enjoy such a reputation.

Here in America there is the presumption that borrowers are honest and will not lie about their assets, income, liabilities. And thus investors can have a greater assurance that the facts they are basing investment decisions upon are true, verifiable, and honestly provided.
Lest, who wants to invest with know liars and deceits?

Don Trump and his Corporation lied. (not my judgement, but the judgment of a court of law that looked at a mountain of evidence including testimony from insiders). And now, Don Trump is being held accountable for those lies.

Honesty and forthrightness are key components of fair and efficient markets. Those who threaten those markets with deceits harm anybody, everybody, who wishes to participate in and benefit by free, open, verifiable, markets.

Don Trump may believe he has a right to own opinions, but.......but he does not have a right to his own Standard Accounting Principles.

Duh!!
Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, that doesn't rrealize that the 'Legacy Media' is in full propaganda mode in support of dimocrap scum is too dishonest to be in a politcal forum.

Or, on the surface of the Planet, AFAIC.

You are the scum I speak of in here.

Here's how bidness works shitheel -- DJT goes for a loan, he says his property is worth 275.62 Quintillion dollars. The bank says it's worth $3.76. Then a 3rd party comes in and they meet in the middle. Or somewhere north of $4 but south of the net worth of the Galaxy.

I guess you flunked your bidness course at the University of Phoenix, huh?

As a side note... WTF is it with the moderators deciding that News about DJT belongs anywheere but in the Politics Section? So, instead of one thread about one topic, we have at last count, 23 threads about the same topic scattered all over the fucking forum.

This place is almost as bad as NBC

Real estate mogul Grant Cardone announced on Tuesday that his firm Cardone Capital would no longer underwrite New York real estate, one day after Shark Tank star Kevin O’Leary
So, we got two corporations who are bailing out of financing in New York state.
How many are moving in?
You do know businesses move in....and move out of New York likely every single day. It a big dynamic market and there will always be some 'churn'.
So be it.
It has been ever thus.

----------------------------------------------
You are the scum I speak of in here.*

Well, I ain't gonna debate the nature of scum, or lack thereof, rather, I'd suggest that the self-aware pay attention to how business really works.

It sorta kinda goes like this: The seller says to the buyer it is worth 2. The buyer says it is worth 1. For the sake of the parable let us say they meet somewhere in the middle, say 1-1/2. They shake hands. Sign a contract. And a deal is struck ..... pending .....financing.

And there is where the rub lies. The 'financing' part.

The part, where one party goes to a Federally chartered lending institution and seeks 'financing'.

And, critically for this case, it seems, that Don Trump, et al, lied about the values. Lied about the liabilities. Lied about the prospects.

Too, it must be noted that "lies" = deception.
And in some circumstances such deception is illegal in the State of New York. Which, it appears, is the case here.

I hope then we can put this behind us while you fret over your fascination with scum.

Good luck.

*btw, seeing the ad hominem "scum'......kinda signals to that poor avatar of mine that he has triggered some poor reactionary Trumpaphile.
Call it a B-A-Z-I-N-G-A!, I suppose.

Here in America there is the presumption that borrowers are honest and will not lie about their assets, income, liabilities. And thus investors can have a greater assurance that the facts they are basing investment decisions upon are true, verifiable, and honestly provided.
Lol. I think the notion that investors like America because borrowers are inherently more honest than other people is naive and jingoistic.

Investors trust the US because we have the rule of law.

This case stretches that to the breaking point.

Investors will look at this case and ask if it's worth the risk. If NY can step in long after a contract is fulfilled, confiscate all the proceeds from the project, and slap them with a gigantic fine for the "interest rate they should have paid", that is a risk investors have to factor into their decisions.

That is much more than disgorging "ill gotten gains".

Example- the Old Post Office. Trump received $126.8 Million from the sale. That was the amount remaining after the mortgage was settled. 100% of that was disgorged in the judgement. On top of that, another $53.4 Million was assessed for the difference in interest rates between the rate he paid and the rate he would have theoretically paid from a Commercial Bank.

If the "ill-gotten gains" were the savings from the lower interest rate, the judgement should have just been the amount of the interest differential- $53.4 Mil.

Even if you say all the profits from the sale were "ill-gotten", you still have to stop at $126.8 Mil., that's all the money that was earned. There is no additional $53.4 Mil to be disgorged- that money never existed.

Investors trust the US because we have the rule of law.
Absolutely. So stated.
And the courts are holding that Don Trump is not above that law.
And the courts are holding his actions are threatening that very Rule-of-Law.
So be it.
------------------------------------------------------

If the "ill-gotten gains" were.......
....were, more than the obvious money. Other 'ill-gotten' gains were the advantage gained over other honest bidders.

When illegal dishonesty..as opposed to garden-variety immorality, allows one bidder to out-bid another on a project there is a loss...to not only the fraudulently out-bid bidder, but to the Rule of Law and the concept of an open and free market.

Fruit from a poisoned tree, poison lotsa things, I suppose one could say.

Other bidders....other bidders who may have out-bid Don Trump were euchred out of contention by deceptive statements that allowed an unfair advantage to one bidder who may not have been as credit-worthy as deceptively portrayed.

Forum List

Back