Gu and Zhu

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

So there are these two girls born in the US, who can't even speak Chinese, but decided to compete in the Olympics for China because of their genetics?

They are from California, so I guess it makes sense.

It's not about your country, it's about your genetics.
Gu is actually a fluent Mandarin speaker. I am of two minds on this. American-born athletes have competed for European nations in the Olympics and World Cup and no one has ever really given a hoot. On the other hand, I am not sure what they hope to achieve. Zhu actually gave up her US citizenship which, to put it mildly, was a boneheaded move. Gu is trying to have it both ways. She has been coy on whether she has given up her citizenship though I doubt it. She probably is doing this to placate the Chinese. When you try to have it both ways, you usually wind up offending everyone.

Everyone else is fleeing California, but going hard commie is a bit dramatic. They won't regret it until it's too late and they can't perform at the highest levels. Oh well, such choices always have consequences.

So there are these two girls born in the US, who can't even speak Chinese, but decided to compete in the Olympics for China because of their genetics?

They are from California, so I guess it makes sense.

It's not about your country, it's about your genetics.
Gu speaks fluent Mandarin, raised here by her Chinese immigrant mother and grandmother. I think the anti-asian racial slurs hurled at her and her mother in California, while out and about, discouraged her from America. Go figure.

Well that's cool. They renounced their citizenship so they can stay over there.

Two less chinks in the country.

Unless Unkatore marries them through the mail.
Oh no, I'm sure they will want to stay in the US in some form or fashion

You just wait

Probably get a job under Biden.

They will probably let him sniff their hair.

Gu is actually a fluent Mandarin speaker. I am of two minds on this. American-born athletes have competed for European nations in the Olympics and World Cup and no one has ever really given a hoot. On the other hand, I am not sure what they hope to achieve. Zhu actually gave up her US citizenship which, to put it mildly, was a boneheaded move. Gu is trying to have it both ways. She has been coy on whether she has given up her citizenship though I doubt it. She probably is doing this to placate the Chinese. When you try to have it both ways, you usually wind up offending everyone.
Well they have a lot to be proud of representing the CCP.

Lots.

So it's understandable.

Everyone else is fleeing California, but going hard commie is a bit dramatic. They won't regret it until it's too late and they can't perform at the highest levels. Oh well, such choices always have consequences.
Living in California, they probably felt freer in China.

That must be it.

No wonder they wanted to represent the CCP instead

At least in China they probably shoot all the homeless and then send them to North Korea as fertilizer.

Forum List

Back