Gretchen Carlson Sues Roger Ailes: Sexual Harassment

I'm not signing up with the Times to read it but wouldn't doubt it. I wondered why they replaced her before wrinkles set in. None of the others have been as good.

Nevermind, Breitbart is covering the story.

Still no comment from Ailes, though I'm sure his legal team is strongly recommending he make none.

A spokesperson for 21st Century Fox released the following statement Wednesday afternoon:

"The Company has seen the allegations against Mr. Ailes and Mr. Doocy. We take these matters seriously. While we have full confidence in Mr. Ailes and Mr. Doocy, who have served the company brilliantly for over two decades, we have commenced an internal review of the matter."

Ailes released a statement Wednesday calling the lawsuit "defamatory" and "retaliatory."

“Gretchen Carlson’s allegations are false. This is a retaliatory suit for the network’s decision not to renew her contract, which was due to the fact that her disappointingly low ratings were dragging down the afternoon lineup" Ailes's statement said. "When Fox News did not commence any negotiations to renew her contract, Ms. Carlson became aware that her career with the network was likely over and conveniently began to pursue a lawsuit. Ironically, Fox News provided her with more on-air opportunities over her 11 year tenure than any other employer in the industry, for which she thanked me in her recent book. This defamatory lawsuit is not only offensive, it is wholly without merit and will be defended vigorously.”

Read more: 21st Century Fox launching 'internal review' at Fox News following Gretchen Carlson lawsuit
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Awwww HT That is not a nice thing to say. BTW How much have you watched her? You spend your mornings/early afternoon stuck to Fox. That would be the only way you could have drawn that conclusion.

Awwww HT That is not a nice thing to say. BTW How much have you watched her? You spend your mornings/early afternoon stuck to Fox. That would be the only way you could have drawn that conclusion.
How much do you have to see to know someone is just parroting FOX talking points? Everything about Democrats has a negative slant. Everything about Republicans has a positive slant, or is neutral.

How much do you have to see to know someone is just parroting FOX talking points? Everything about Democrats has a negative slant. Everything about Republicans has a positive slant, or is neutral.

Then everyone on Fox is a nitwit bimbo?

What about MSNBC or CNN? They parrot the left. Is that okay?

Forum List

Back