Great News!!!! Cases of The Virus are Slowing in Seattle. Staying Home Works

And they did it with absolutely no help from The Dithering Dotard. Congrats to Kate Brown and Jay Inslee.
Yes, congratulations. Old sick people in a nursing home in Kirkland, Washington (nineteen of them) have
died off and now that they are gone the problem is gone...right?

Or are any two people passing in the street liable to come down with corona virus flu still?

So Brown and Inslee using Trump recommendations have simply shut down schools, theaters, restaurants, shops, etc. without the slightest evidence that their decree is stopping a form of influenza.

Keeping compromised people quarantined certainly helps. For everyone else...not so much.
It simply shuts down society and depletes what little savings people may have. And it puts people's lives
in a limbo, especially those of school children.

And who is paying to prop up governors like these two? Who is paying the bill for shutting down the economy? It sure as hell ain't Kate Brown and Jay Inslee!

Last edited:
I live where it all started here in America. We are farther along with this virus than the rest of the nation so it's logical that we would be the first to see results of the steps taken to fight it.

We were the first to be quarantined. I've been stuck in this house close to 3 weeks now. We have made a lot of sacrifices here. It's looking like that sacrifice is starting to show results.

Please everyone, stay home. Yes it's boring and can drive you nuts but that's better than being dead or spreading the virus and others die.

Enjoy reading some good news.

How long are we to stay home when we can't stay there forever? How much longer do you plan to stay home considering how long you have been there already.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You are asking the wrong person.

I don't know how long I will be stuck here. I know it will be as long as it takes to be safe to not be stuck here.

I leave those decisions up to the experts who know those answers.
Hopefully at least one good enough expert is out there somewhere and will provide the answers that people are waiting for.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Kudos to Sweden. They are letting the virus run it's course by placing responsibility on the individual and they aren't shutting down their nation indiscriminately.
Compromised individuals are expected to act responsibly and people are, by and large, acting responsibly.

I live where it all started here in America. We are farther along with this virus than the rest of the nation so it's logical that we would be the first to see results of the steps taken to fight it.

We were the first to be quarantined. I've been stuck in this house close to 3 weeks now. We have made a lot of sacrifices here. It's looking like that sacrifice is starting to show results.

Please everyone, stay home. Yes it's boring and can drive you nuts but that's better than being dead or spreading the virus and others die.

Washingtonians and Oregonians such as myself have governors who know how to LEAD. That makes all the difference.

That is very true.

We also have leaders who didn't deny the whole thing was happening. They didn't call it a hoax. They didn't say it was all to get trump.

Not long ago everyone was predicting that Washington was going to become like Wuhan province.

That didn't happen. Because we have leaders who took the whole thing seriously from the beginning and took action that helped prevent us from becoming like Wuhan province.

And they did it with absolutely no help from The Dithering Dotard. Congrats to Kate Brown and Jay Inslee.

Exactly. In fact they did it while trump was attacking them and refusing to help.

We still haven't gotten much of any help from the federal government. We've done all this pretty much on our own.

Washingtonians and Oregonians such as myself have governors who know how to LEAD. That makes all the difference.

That is very true.

We also have leaders who didn't deny the whole thing was happening. They didn't call it a hoax. They didn't say it was all to get trump.

Not long ago everyone was predicting that Washington was going to become like Wuhan province.

That didn't happen. Because we have leaders who took the whole thing seriously from the beginning and took action that helped prevent us from becoming like Wuhan province.

Exactly. In fact they did it while trump was attacking them and refusing to help.

We still haven't gotten much of any help from the federal government. We've done all this pretty much on our own.

I have to admit that I don't care for the fact that everything is closed. But it's the best response. The governors in Mississippi and Florida have failed and now they are becoming bright red hotspots.

On a positive note, I have my central coast beach community and beaches pretty much to myself. ;)

As an Oregon resident I can tell you that what Brown did to shut down the corona virus (if you truly believe that's what she has done) Trump couldn't do in this state anyway. Or any other state, for that matter.
So I don't know what you want from him, except to bitch and whine.

Will you turn down the financial help coming from the federal government? You know you won't and neither will Kate Brown.

Sweden is handling this pandemic intelligently and they aren't turning their nation upside down or incurring
trillions in debt either but it seems the corona virus attacks the mind as much as the respiratory system in many.

Do you think all Trump voters are slavishly saying yes to everything he does. Well I'm here to let you know that's a bunch of b.s. and he has horribly over reacted to this virus, no doubt afraid of what the press and left would do to him in a presidential election year. Both parties, in fact, have over reacted one tying to top the other.

There were nearly 12, 500 deaths in the US due to the Swine flu H1N1 yet because of who was in office at the time, little was made of it and there was no political hysteria being whipped up. Do you remember who you blamed in 2009 when so many died? I'll bet it wasn't the president.

That is very true.

I have to admit that I don't care for the fact that everything is closed. But it's the best response. The governors in Mississippi and Florida have failed and now they are becoming bright red hotspots.

On a positive note, I have my central coast beach community and beaches pretty much to myself. ;)

I don't like everything closed too. My gym has been closed for nearly 3 weeks now. All I'm able to do is go to a Boeing parking lot to walk it. Up and down the lanes up and down stairs. It takes about 45 minutes and the view of puget sound is nice.

You have the best coast of the 3 coastal states. I have spent a lot of time all up and down the coast from up in Canada to down in Mexico. Some photography friends and I wanted to drive the coast highway this spring. That's out now. A good friend of mine and I were supposed to go to Vegas for spring break. The airline canceled the flight and the resort is closed.

We are thinking of going to my place by Mt. Rainier. The National Park is closed but I know a lot of good places to hike etc that won't be.

If the virus isn't enough for being at home..........a dang Tornado went over our house and did some minor roof damage......LOL

I had to get out in the rain to patch the shingles that were flipped up because of the tornado.

See when the Insurance adjuster will make it now..........with all this going on. At least it didn't touch down here.

That is very true.

I don't like everything closed too. My gym has been closed for nearly 3 weeks now. All I'm able to do is go to a Boeing parking lot to walk it. Up and down the lanes up and down stairs. It takes about 45 minutes and the view of puget sound is nice.

You have the best coast of the 3 coastal states. I have spent a lot of time all up and down the coast from up in Canada to down in Mexico. Some photography friends and I wanted to drive the coast highway this spring. That's out now. A good friend of mine and I were supposed to go to Vegas for spring break. The airline canceled the flight and the resort is closed.

We are thinking of going to my place by Mt. Rainier. The National Park is closed but I know a lot of good places to hike etc that won't be.

You still have nice options. Alot of people don't!
Go to your cabin. Even tho' Mt. Rainer is closed, it is one of my favorite National Parks, and I've been to alot of them.

Forum List

Back