"Grape Soda"

To prevent any future misunderstandings, maybe Mr. Biden and Ms. Pelosi and Mr. Schumer should make sure that one of the first laws passed by the new administration is the following:

Before anyone can name anything (a person, a race horse, a business, etc.) that person must submit the proposed name to the local BLM chapter. If it OKs the name, it will issue a certification of approval.

EPNsQ-WX0AAyOJV.jpg

I don't know the dood, maybe he is racist, but the name "Grape Soda" clearly is not. If there's more to it there's more to it but this headline is bullshit.
Of course there's more to it. These people have absolutely lost their minds. The "more to it" is that the guy tweeted about naming the horse "Grape Soda" after a black sports analyst and posting black fists and menthol cigarette jokes about the horse's workouts.

Grape soda is somehow a racist term now? Someone will have to explain that one to me.

Yeah that's not gonna be easy. I remember a similar thread on Kool-Aid. I remember setting up a poll about it. In both cases they referred to alleged "stereotypes" I never heard of. Seems to me if you're gonna drop an ethnic slur it has to be well-known or else it doesn't work.

Grape soda is somehow a racist term now? Someone will have to explain that one to me.

Yeah that's not gonna be easy. I remember a similar thread on Kool-Aid. I remember setting up a poll about it. In both cases they referred to alleged "stereotypes" I never heard of. Seems to me if you're gonna drop an ethnic slur it has to be well-known or else it doesn't work.
Yeah. "Grape drank" may be a stereotype, but grape soda???

I doubt that's why the horses name was changed.

And it's funny what some whites consider PC. Anything they get called out on in reference to them dissing other cultures is pc bullshit, but when it comes to white culture we must be politically correct. Like we must always say "not all whites," when we talk about white racism.

Guillot, who has made $13 million over his career from horses he trained, tweeted on Jan. 1 that the three-year-old colt he was running at Aqueduct Racetrack was being given a new name “in honor of a TVG analyst,” and followed that with a Black fist emoji. He revealed in a follow-up tweet that the name of the horse was “Grape Soda,” which can be a racist term directed at Black people.

Trainer Eric Guillot banned for giving horse a racist name

So he decided to change the name of the horse from what it was to Grape Soda. Why?

The horse, which took first place, had reportedly been named to torment Ken Rudulph (right), who is an analyst for TVG and is black. Grape soda is considered a racial slur as the drink is often stereotypically associated with black people

Race horse trainer gave horse racist name to taunt black analyst

Forum List

Back