Grand jury indicts Daniel Penny in chokehold death of Jordan Neely

I suspected this would end up being the case. I'm not happy with this because at the end of the day Penny is as much a victim as Neely. It's the system that failed everyone here. Neither man should have ever ended up in their respective positions, but we have a virtually non-existent mental health system and a justice system that refuses to dispense justice.

I'm always torn on these things. I think it wrong to use a chokehold on anybody who isn't dangerously physically assaulting another and even then it should be used as briefly as possible until other forms of restraint can be utilized. But you're right. Mentally ill people who assault/threaten others should not be on the streets. And whether Penny acted in a 'reckless manner without regard for his victim's life' is certainly arguable. I am confident Penny did not intend to injure, much less kill the victim.

I suspect the correct verdict on this one should probably be "Accidental Killing: a death caused by a lawful act done with a reasonable belief that no harm was likely to result." But I wasn't there.

Manslaughter is not murder. They are two different crimes.
In the general sense, people call all killings murder. I happen to know what manslaughter is. I've been posting about it applying to this mans since day one.

He was going to be charged with manslaughter, is what I've posted. GO look it up and screw off.

No. A vigilante goes out looking for trouble. He did not do that. I’m not going to predict what a NYC jury will do. I figure some of them ride the subway and are fed up with what’s happening there.

John Edgar Slow Horses wrote:

"He acted like a vigilante. Yes, he held the hold too long, and that is his downfall. He will be convicted, I believe, of voluntary manslaughter."

You tahuyaman try and say he's not a vigilante, when the other member did not say he was one, he clearly said he acted like one.

Reading your posts I can see how you have this self-delusion that you are skilled at arguing and probably a stable genius. I am sure you believe in perfect phones calls and can use what you'd describe as "the best words."

You're actually not any good at this. Why not stand back and watch others before joining in and embarrassing everyone?

Last edited:
I’ve seen the medical examiner’s report. One can be under the influence of drugs and be killed from something else.

I doubt that the medical examiner is part of some dishonest scheme.
Did the medical examiner call it manslaughter or murder, or a killing?

Oh wait! "the medical examiner's office said the cause of death was compression of the neck, and ruled it a homicide."

John Edgar Slow Horses wrote:

"He acted like a vigilante. Yes, he held the hold too long, and that is his downfall. He will be convicted, I believe, of voluntary manslaughter."

You try and say he's not a vigilante, when the other member did not say he was one, he clearly said he acted like one.

Reading your posts I can see how you have this self-delusion that you are skilled at arguing and probably a stable genius. I am sure you believe in perfect phones calls and can use what you'd describe as "the best words."

You're actually not any good at this. Why not stand back and watch others before joining in and embarrassing everyone?
Thank you, Dante Reawakened, by showing your true self by gas lighting me. :)

Homicide is a killing idiot. That is not by definition murder nor manslaughter.

Are you gay?
try and play games.

the killing of one person by another.
"he was charged with homicide"

I said all along that the homicide (you people initially claimed was not a homicide) would be charged as manslaughter.

You people keep saying it was self defense too. :auiqs.jpg:

try and play games.

the killing of one person by another.
"he was charged with homicide"

I said all along that the homicide (you people initially claimed was not a homicide) would be charged as manslaughter.

You people keep saying it was self defense too. :auiqs.jpg:
Nobody has ever been charged with homicide.

Gawd you're an idiot!

What? Killing assholes who attack us?

Good, normal behavior?
I agree that it's becoming normal behaviour. That's my whole point!

But I hesitate to agree that it's 'good'.

For a Canadian to suggest that it's good for America if there's a big increase in vigilante justice, would be a deliberate attempt to insult or maybe even be considered to be trolling for a response.

I'll keep my feelings to myself, but I will warn against the outcome if America follows the Rittenhouse/Chauvin/Penny model.

In any case, maybe I can risk just saying that I really don't GAF how America deals with assholes. It's none of my business.

It’s pretty clear that he had him in the hold too long.
But like he said - "he was praying for the cop's to get there in order to relieve him of the situation". That makes sense to me, and it should to anyone else considering the incident and the overall event

But like he said - "he was praying for the cop's to get there in order to relieve him of the situation". That makes sense to me, and it should to anyone else considering the incident and the overall event

I don’t disagree that people should consider that.

You're making it clear that it's 'good' that the Rittenhouse/Chauvin/Penny scenario should be accepted and then become the law of the land.

I can't quite disagree, but I'm not going to say it's good!

LOL

Forum List

Back