Govt is NOT a Business!!

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Why does the right think that private business is free from fraud and abuse? One of the biggest arguments against govt is fraud and abuse and correct me if I'm wrong but there isnt one thing on earth free from either one of those.

The Right thinks that because someone was a successful business man or woman they can run government. Why? Govt is there to make a profit.

I'd like to see some links that show anyone claiming that "private business is free from fraud and abuse."

Straw man. Dishonest.

The differences, of course, are that (1) private business cannot tax and government can, and (2) private business doesn't perpetrate its fraud and abuse in the name of helping "the people".

But that won't change your adoration for the federal bureaucracy, I know.

Why does the right think that private business is free from fraud and abuse? One of the biggest arguments against govt is fraud and abuse and correct me if I'm wrong but there isnt one thing on earth free from either one of those.

The Right thinks that because someone was a successful business man or woman they can run government. Why? Govt is there to make a profit.

I haven't heard anyone on the right make the claim that private business is free from fraud and/or abuse.

The government should profit on the backs of taxpayers?

No, it's not. And I, for one, agree wholeheartedly that government should not be 'run like a business'. Irks me everytime someone says that.

I'd like to see some links that show anyone claiming that "private business is free from fraud and abuse."

Straw man. Dishonest.

The differences, of course, are that (1) private business cannot tax and government can, and (2) private business doesn't perpetrate its fraud and abuse in the name of helping "the people".

Well that pretty much hits the nail on the head.

No, it's not. And I, for one, agree wholeheartedly that government should not be 'run like a business'. Irks me everytime someone says that.

Well if the idea is to turn a profit, then it is like a business. Isn't it?

Straw man. Dishonest.

Yep. Government is NOT a business, but it should be managed like a business.

Straw man. Dishonest.

Yep. Government is NOT a business, but it should be managed like a business.

Now that's something I agree with.

No one wants the federal government to be run exactly like a business, but if it were run more like a business then maybe we wouldn't have these huge deficits. Hence it would be good to make more people with business experience making decisions. Business experience is a plus. Much better than community organizing experience.

Straw man. Dishonest.

No one said it...but what they do say is that Govt has it and private business should replace it. Now if you were the type that needs stuff spelled out for you then no one said it. If you have a brain in your head you would conclude that the objection to govt run anything is the fraud and abuse and when you advocate for a private business to run it either you believe that fraud and abuse doesnt happen in private business or that fraud and abuse in private business is ok.

No one has argued that private businesses are free from fraud and abuse. However, those guilty of fraud and abuse are checked by the market. Companies that choose to act fraudulently become unprofitable. Then they either have to reform or go out of business. That's the consequences when people can freely not do business with them. Corrupt businesses are inefficient.

Governments guilty of fraud and abuse, on the other hand, simply steal more power and oppress people. They protect their fraud with violence.

That is precisely why governments are more dangerous than business.

Straw man. Dishonest.

No one said it...but what they do say is that Govt has it and private business should replace it. Now if you were the type that needs stuff spelled out for you then no one said it. If you have a brain in your head you would conclude that the objection to govt run anything is the fraud and abuse and when you advocate for a private business to run it either you believe that fraud and abuse doesnt happen in private business or that fraud and abuse in private business is ok.

Who suffers under government fraud and abuse? Who suffers in a private companies fraud and abuse? Which in your opinion is more rampant?

One entity gains power through providing people with goods and services they voluntarily pay for.

The other gains powers by violently taking money from people and giving back what they feel like.

Straw man. Dishonest.

Only in your partisan mind. You have admitted that the whole premise of your OP was a lie, and we ALL know that no one is saying that business is free of fraud and abuse. Obviously.

And what you don't/won't understand is that fraud and abuse are only the beginning. Handing more and more authority to the federal bureaucracy takes it away from people and makes them more dependent. Dependency is not good, even worse when it becomes inter-generational.

For someone who likes to insult the intelligence of others, you certainly allow the obvious to skate right by you, dontcha?

And thanks for admitting you were dishonest. Maybe try not to so blatantly lie next time, huh?

Last edited:
No one has argued that private businesses are free from fraud and abuse. However, those guilty of fraud and abuse are checked by the market. Companies that choose to act fraudulently become unprofitable. Then they either have to reform or go out of business. That's the consequences when people can freely not do business with them. Corrupt businesses are inefficient.

Governments guilty of fraud and abuse, on the other hand, simply steal more power and oppress people. They protect their fraud with violence.

The market currently has employees wages being stagnant for the past 3 decades and what has the market done? Spent money to convince you that that is ok or paid higher wages.

One is reality the other isnt

government is to serve its clients and is measured by quality of service

business is to and measured by profits

The market currently has employees wages being stagnant for the past 3 decades and what has the market done? Spent money to convince you that that is ok or paid higher wages.

One is reality the other isnt
What does this have to do with fraud?

Forum List

Back