Governor Palin: Would Be Great To Have 'Two Women Duke It Out' For President!

Palin was right about Paul Revere!

Sarah Palin Was Right About Paul Revere - Peter Roff (usnews.com)
Sarah Palin Was Right About Paul Revere - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

Historians Say Palin Was Right About Paul Revere - But they admit it begrudgingly, notes the 'Boston Herald'
Historians Say Palin Was Right About Paul Revere - But they admit it begrudgingly, notes the 'Boston Herald'

How Accurate Were Palin's Paul Revere Comments? : NPR

Prof. ALLISON: Yeah. She was making a Second Amendment case. But in fact, the British were going out to Concord to seize colonists' arms, the weapons that the Massachusetts Provincial Congress was stockpiling there.

So, yeah, she is right in that. I mean, she may be pushing it too far to say this is a Second Amendment case. Of course, neither the Second Amendment nor the Constitution was in anyone's mind at the time. But the British objective was to get the arms that were stockpiled in Concord.

BLOCK: So you think basically, on the whole, Sarah Palin got her history right.

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician

She had no idea why Paul Revere was riding. Didn't you see her squirming around when she was asked. She had no idea.

I never knew so many repubs were intellectual contortionists until they started defending her erroneous statements.

If someone is right about the important things what does it matter if they sometimes get insignificant and trivial details wrong? If you want infallibility elect the Pope.

OK, OK, So Mrs Palin might only be a ten times better President than Mr Obama, not one hundred times. A lot of people might settle for that.

I think she is right. Palin would be a formidable candidate against Hillary who is riddled with scandal such as Benghazi. Palin's political record as governor is outstanding and it proves she makes wise economic decisions plus she has integrity, courage, determination and patriotism to make a good president of the United States.

Governor Palin: Would Be Great to Have 'Two Women Duke It Out' for President - Conservatives4Palin

I'm guessing that Democrats would almost unanimously like to see Sarah Palin as the 2016 GOP candidate.

Yes, I would. Despite all of the less than complimentary commentary I've given in this thread. :)

See folks, this is why we need tough voting laws. If the Dems wanted to ensure a victory in 2016, they could vote in the GOP primaries (if Governor Palin was on the ticket) and basically install that nitwit as the GOP nominee. A four year old could tell you that she would be political roadkill against any democrat.

I hope to hell they nominate her on their own...or Cruz or Rand Paul, or Rick Santorum....any of the 4 would be an easy victory.

She had no idea why Paul Revere was riding. Didn't you see her squirming around when she was asked. She had no idea.

I never knew so many repubs were intellectual contortionists until they started defending her erroneous statements.

If someone is right about the important things what does it matter if they sometimes get insignificant and trivial details wrong? If you want infallibility elect the Pope.

OK, OK, So Mrs Palin might only be a ten times better President than Mr Obama, not one hundred times. A lot of people might settle for that.

Lord no. No. She has just as much Bad and Ugly in her past as the Clintons do.

She is not fit for the office of PotUS.

I'm guessing that Democrats would almost unanimously like to see Sarah Palin as the 2016 GOP candidate.

Yes, I would. Despite all of the less than complimentary commentary I've given in this thread. :)

See folks, this is why we need tough voting laws. If the Dems wanted to ensure a victory in 2016, they could vote in the GOP primaries (if Governor Palin was on the ticket) and basically install that nitwit as the GOP nominee. A four year old could tell you that she would be political roadkill against any democrat.

I hope to hell they nominate her on their own...or Cruz or Rand Paul, or Rick Santorum....any of the 4 would be an easy victory.

Isn't this what Rush Limbaugh tried using Hillary in 2008 with Operation Chaos I and II? It was something like that but unfortunately, Hillary ran out of money too early and she had a couple of slips.

Governor Palin...

Quit as Alaska governor. Why? Nobody really knows. But she resigned from what would likely be on the lower end of the spectrum as "hard" jobs in governor mansions...would you agree? It's not as if she had a big immigration problem, much media attention, much of an opposition party to worry about etc...

Okay fine, she quit because _______________. Insert any flowery reason you can think of.

In the mean time, has she done anything to try to lend gravitas to her record? Like Alan Simpson (of the Simpson-Bowles Commission); a long retired politician still on the national stage.

No, she's done reality TV and is a fixture on TV commentating.

This is who you guys want to nominate? I say more power to you but there may be more qualified candidates out there. Yes, I know then-Senator Obama had a qualification issue as well but few could argue that he has not been effective as President; passing the ACA whether you like it or not, settling two errant wars, etc...

Being right on the "big points" (if you characterize her as right) is useless unless you can execute a strategy to secure those goals. Has Governor Palin given you any indication that she can? That she has the heart to do what is hard, what is difficult?

Based on what, her outstanding fiscal record as governor? Why is she unfit for the presidency? Obama never was a executive of anything and was only in office for 147 days compared to Palins 965 days. Give me specifics why she is unable to govern the U.S.?

Based on what, her outstanding fiscal record as governor? Why is she unfit for the presidency? Obama never was a executive of anything and was only in office for 147 days compared to Palins 965 days. Give me specifics why she is unable to govern the U.S.?

Obama was a Senator for 1440 days and 2920 days as a State Senator

Palin was a PTA President

You really have no shame in lying do you?
you were once sort of upstanding, not anymore since you came out of hiding in the liberal closest and have shown your TRUE colors

Governor Palin...

Quit as Alaska governor. Why? Nobody really knows.

Okay fine, she quit because _______________. Insert any flowery reason you can think of.

I know why. Alaska, the only state in the nation at the time had a loophole in their law that Obama operatives found that provided a way to bombard the governors office with relentless ethics lawsuits even if they had no proof. Alaska at the time had a statute on the books that provided if a complaint was filed, the Secretary of State would have to launch a investigation. Obama operatives seized the opportunity and they came out of the woodwork filing complaints right and left. For example, one complaint filed by a democrat Obama supporter stated that Governor Palin showed up at a iditarod race wearing a jacket with a logo patch on it. A complaint was filed saying the governor was supporting the company that was on the patch and a violation of the governors office. It was furthest from the truth. Never the less a full blown investigation took place causing her and her staff to be tied up in hours of depositions and research.

In all over 27 of these similar type lawsuits were filed on average of one a week and her legal bills were piling up to over 700k and climbing. Since Alaska statutes at that time didn't provide defense funds for the governor, she had to hire her own defense lawyers, pay for them out of her own pocket and she and her family were going broke and facing total bankruptcy and she was being prevented from doing her duties as governor due to countless hours of daily depositions. Palin returning from the VP campaign had just taken a 25k salary cut out of her salary of just 125k a year as Governor to help save the state money. She was left with two options, stay and tie up Alaska's state business while going broke fighting the lawsuits OR step down and turn over the governors office to Lt Gov. Sean Parnell to carry on her policies and fiscal reforms and take the liberal fight to the lower 48. She chose the latter and immediately after she stepped down, not one ethics complaint was filed again. Later one by one, all ethics suits were dismissed as frivolous without merit and Alaska's state business under her policies continued without any more interruptions.

In essence, Obama and his supporters thought that by using the loophole to file these bogus suits, they would ruin her politically and send her into obscurity. It failed and she showed her political power during the midterm elections with her drawing huge crowds endorsing tea party candidates. That is when President Clinton went on national TV a week before election day and warned democrats voters and candidates to "Don't underestimate this woman. She is resilient like me". He was right because 95% of her endorsements were victorious and she helped take back the House Of Representatives . In the end after she stepped down. Alaska passed a new law that would make the Secretary of State defend their governors from ethics complaints. Palin would have stayed if the new law was in place at the time.

Last edited:

But mostly because she's a narcissistic sociopath.

2920 days as a State Senator
Liar!

Wrong. That's describing Obama and Michelle.

Governor Palin...

I know why. Alaska, the only state in the nation at the time had a loophole in their law that Obama operatives found that provided a way to bombard the governors office with relentless ethics lawsuits even if they had no proof. Alaska at the time had a statute on the books that provided if a complaint was filed, the Secretary of State would have to launch a investigation. Obama operatives seized the opportunity and they came out of the woodwork filing complaints right and left. For example, one complaint filed by a democrat Obama supporter stated that Governor Palin showed up at a iditarod race wearing a jacket with a logo patch on it. A complaint was filed saying the governor was supporting the company that was on the patch and a violation of the governors office. It was furthest from the truth. Never the less a full blown investigation took place causing her and her staff to be tied up in hours of depositions and research.

In all over 27 of these similar type lawsuits were filed on average of one a week and her legal bills were piling up to over 700k and climbing. Since Alaska statutes at that time didn't provide defense funds for the governor, she had to hire her own defense lawyers, pay for them out of her own pocket and she and her family were going broke and facing total bankruptcy and she was being prevented from doing her duties as governor due to countless hours of daily depositions. Palin returning from the VP campaign had just taken a 25k salary cut out of her salary of just 125k a year as Governor to help save the state money. She was left with two options, stay and tie up Alaska's state business while going broke fighting the lawsuits OR step down and turn over the governors office to Lt Gov. Sean Parnell to carry on her policies and fiscal reforms and take the liberal fight to the lower 48. She chose the latter and immediately after she stepped down, not one ethics complaint was filed again. Later one by one, all ethics suits were dismissed as frivolous without merit and Alaska's state business under her policies continued without any more interruptions.

In essence, Obama and his supporters thought that by using the loophole to file these bogus suits, they would ruin her politically and send her into obscurity. It failed and she showed her political power during the midterm elections with her drawing huge crowds endorsing tea party candidates. That is when President Clinton went on national TV a week before election day and warned democrats voters and candidates to "Don't underestimate this woman. She is resilient like me". He was right because 95% of her endorsements were victorious and she helped take back the House Of Representatives . In the end after she stepped down. Alaska passed a new law that would make the Secretary of State defend their governors from ethics complaints. Palin would have stayed if the new law was in place at the time.

Obama Operatives...ahh. So instead of fighting, she quit. She also costs the GOP the Senate arguably. I see no proof that President Clinton said any such thing.

Anyway feel free to nominate her.

Governor Palin...

So instead of fighting, she quit.
She had no choice but step down and she did fight the lawsuits until she was faced with bankruptcy and possibly losing everything she and her family owned. What would you have done in her exact shoes?

You really have no shame in lying do you?
you were once sort of upstanding, not anymore since you came out of hiding in the liberal closest and have shown your TRUE colors

I didn't say she was a GOOD PTA President......only giving her credit for time served

Aren't most PTA Presidents?

So instead of fighting, she quit.
She had no choice but step down and she did fight the lawsuits until she was faced with bankruptcy and possibly losing everything she and her family owned. What would you have done in her exact shoes?

Don't know much about the case so I can't comment on the direct question. I simply don't know what I would do however I do find it rather difficult to believe that in this age of hyper partisanship, an almost non-existent democratic party in Alaska, and nearly endless free/fundraising time as the governor of Alaska, that she is the only governor to be effectively targeted by the opposition and her only recourse was to step down in disgrace then never veer anywhere near making contributions as a public servant again....

Governor Palin...

Quit as Alaska governor. Why? Nobody really knows. But she resigned from what would likely be on the lower end of the spectrum as "hard" jobs in governor mansions...would you agree? It's not as if she had a big immigration problem, much media attention, much of an opposition party to worry about etc...

In the mean time, has she done anything to try to lend gravitas to her record? Like Alan Simpson (of the Simpson-Bowles Commission); a long retired politician still on the national stage.

No, she's done reality TV and is a fixture on TV commentating.

This is who you guys want to nominate? I say more power to you but there may be more qualified candidates out there. Yes, I know then-Senator Obama had a qualification issue as well but few could argue that he has not been effective as President; passing the ACA whether you like it or not, settling two errant wars, etc...

Being right on the "big points" (if you characterize her as right) is useless unless you can execute a strategy to secure those goals. Has Governor Palin given you any indication that she can? That she has the heart to do what is hard, what is difficult?

She resigned because her opposition was burying her and the state in endless ethics investigations, none of which ever amounted to anything, costing her, and the state millions. That is very well documented.

She did the decent thing, of course we wouldn't expect you to get that.

Forum List

Back