Government run programs

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
MEDICARE

Medicare, government run healthcare pays 80% of your healthcare and pays Medicare Advantage plans, private healthcare providers, $800 to manage and provide 20% of your healthcare and your Medicare Advantage plan charges you an additional premium, co-pays and deductions. Out of your pockets unless you are low income and then Medicaid, government run, pays that for you. And pay your prescription drug premium and you pay $2.50 and $6.00 for you medications. A fracking good government run plan if you ask me.

Can Well Point, Anthem Blue Cross offer you a better deal? I don’t think so.

I do not hear congress, right wing nuts, complaining about the cost of quality of their government run healthcare plan. Making no fracking sense to me that they don’t want to give them American people the same medical plan they have?

SOCIAL SECURITY

You pay into social security for 40 years and to collect far more than you paid into the plan and if you did nto work and you got old you received SSI and full Medicaid with no premiums, co-pays and deductions and qualify for all you prescriptions paid for with no premiums or co-pays and you may even qualify for free transportation to your doctor appointments.

And if you are married and did not work you draw on your spouse’s social security. Both collect on one plan and you collect more than was paid in.

If Bush had taking your social security savings and privatized them by investing, you would be fracking broke now and up the creek looking for the big incompetent government to take care of you.

For some reason, I fracking trust big government run anything over private.

MEDICARE

Medicare, government run healthcare pays 80% of your healthcare and pays Medicare Advantage plans, private healthcare providers, $800 to manage and provide 20% of your healthcare and your Medicare Advantage plan charges you an additional premium, co-pays and deductions. Out of your pockets unless you are low income and then Medicaid, government run, pays that for you. And pay your prescription drug premium and you pay $2.50 and $6.00 for you medications. A fracking good government run plan if you ask me.

Government has the convenient advantage of not actually having to make money to continue to provide a product. Unfortunately know one, including the government can afford to spend more than they take in forever.

SOCIAL SECURITY

You pay into social security for 40 years and to collect far more than you paid into the plan and if you did nto work and you got old you received SSI and full Medicaid with no premiums, co-pays and deductions and qualify for all you prescriptions paid for with no premiums or co-pays and you may even qualify for free transportation to your doctor appointments.

Except of course if your my age, and the SS won't have any money by the time I retire.

Then you are 'fracking' idiot. Government does NOTHING well. All you see is the service they provide and turn a blind eye to what the cost and how they are managed. As long as you get your fucking $800 bucks a month everything is just great, right? WRONG. Medicare and social security, spend more than they take in taxes. NO insitituion can operate that way forever. Are you fine with raising taxes to make up the difference. Businesses fail when operated that way. The only reason government fets to do it is for some reason we'll just let them keep piling on to the defecit and giving to the next generation. But you're the lil OLD lady so you don't give two shits do ya?

Totally agree.

SS would have been fine if LBJ had left the loxbox in place. But he didn't. Now its broke like every other Govt entitlement.

If the Govt were a business it would have been OUT of business long ago. We taxpayers just keep getting hosed to pay for the bs.

How many Americans would be willing to give up Social Security or Medicare?

MEDICARE

Really, this is what you call a good program?

medicare.bmp

Well you see, Blue Cross just can't print more money when it runs out. It actually has to stay afloat. Sooner or later, however, the American government will go bankrupt too.

SOCIAL SECURITY

You pay into social security for 40 years and to collect far more than you paid into the plan
and if you did nto work and you got old you received SSI and full Medicaid with no premiums, co-pays and deductions and qualify for all you prescriptions paid for with no premiums or co-pays and you may even qualify for free transportation to your doctor appointments.

And if you are married and did not work you draw on your spouse’s social security. Both collect on one plan and you collect more than was paid in.

And the result of that....

Social Security to start cashing Uncle Sam's IOUs

If Bush had taking your social security savings and privatized them by investing, you would be fracking broke now

Really? Care to explain how I'd be broke now?

We know the reason. You're a parasitic Marxist.

MEDICARE

Government has the convenient advantage of not actually having to make money to continue to provide a product. Unfortunately know one, including the government can afford to spend more than they take in forever.

SOCIAL SECURITY

Except of course if your my age, and the SS won't have any money by the time I retire.

Then you are 'fracking' idiot. Government does NOTHING well. All you see is the service they provide and turn a blind eye to what the cost and how they are managed. As long as you get your fucking $800 bucks a month everything is just great, right? WRONG. Medicare and social security, spend more than they take in taxes. NO insitituion can operate that way forever. Are you fine with raising taxes to make up the difference. Businesses fail when operated that way. The only reason government fets to do it is for some reason we'll just let them keep piling on to the defecit and giving to the next generation. But you're the lil OLD lady so you don't give two shits do ya?

You do not understand the relationship between Medicare and Medicare advantage plan, which are private. I tried to explan it to you but it fell on a pile of rocks. I do not get $800 a month, Medicare Advantage plans do. Medicare and social securty is not broke. More fear mongering by radical right wingnuts.
I am willing to take a cut in my SS in order to provide medicare to those who do not have. We are already paying when the go to ER for a cold.
The HC plan will create millions of jobs and workers pay taxes and the HC plan is the only way to save the economy.

I suggest you try to define what that Some Reason is, and then rethink where you place your trust.

Totally agree.

SS would have been fine if LBJ had left the loxbox in place. But he didn't. Now its broke like every other Govt entitlement.

Social Security is not broke and never will be broke.

If the Govt were a business it would have been OUT of business long ago. We taxpayers just keep getting hosed to pay for the bs

Blow it out.
:lol:

You give new meaning even to Village Idiot
.:cuckoo:

MEDICARE

You do not understand the relationship between Medicare and Medicare advantage plan, which are private. I tried to explan it to you but it fell on a pile of rocks. I do not get $800 a month, Medicare Advantage plans do. Medicare and social securty is not broke. More fear mongering by radical right wingnuts.
I am willing to take a cut in my SS in order to provide medicare to those who do not have. We are already paying when the go to ER for a cold.
The HC plan will create millions of jobs and workers pay taxes and the HC plan is the only way to save the economy.

No YOU don't understand. Maybe your so blissfully naive and/or selfish to think stealing money from one to give to another is okay. Or maybe all these entitlements look good to you on paper, until the truth hits you between the eyes and you see they aren't fiscally sustainable. But hey all you care about is they give you your share before it runs out right?

It isn't fear mongering lil, it's basic fucking math. Did you not get your yearly social security statement? Here I'll quote you mine. This is QUOTED DIRECTLY from my social security statement so tell me they're lieing you idiot.

About Social Security's future... Social Security is a compact between generations. For decades, America has kept the promise of security for its workers and their families. Now, however, the Social Security system is facing serious financial problems, and action is needed soon to make sure the system will be sound when today's younger workers (that would be me) are ready for retirement.

In 2017 we will begin paying more in benefits than we collect in taxes. Without changes, by 2041 the the Social Security Trust Fund will be exhausted and there will be be enough money to only about 78 cents for each dollar of scheduled benefits. We need to resolve these issues soon to make sure Social Security continues to provide a foundation of protection for future generations.

That isn't made up lil. You are the quintessential problem with our society. Just as long you get yours who cares about those that come after you, huh? Keep in my mind I'm not complaining. I'm smart enough to know that only a fool in this day and age relies on SS to be their primary source of income when they retire.

Last edited:
Totally agree.

If the Govt were a business it would have been OUT of business long ago. We taxpayers just keep getting hosed to pay for the bs

Blow it out.

How on earth will Social security never be broke???

If you spend more than you bring in, sooner or later, you will be broke.

MEDICARE

What the hell are you going on about? Medicare is for disabled and elderly people. There are no people who "don't have".

And you know, I don't think my mom will ever get back what she put into Social Security over 60 some years of working.

And you know, I don't think my mom will ever get back what she put into Social Security over 60 some years of working.

The system was designed so she wouldnt get it back in the first place. It isnt her money according to the system. It's the governments.

Totally agree.

Blow it out.

Village Idiot??

That just about describes you Old.

You are an idiot if you think SS won't go broke.

Your also an idiot if you think Medicare and the other entitlements aren't nearly there already.

Catch a clue Old. These programs put out far more than they take in in taxes. Anyone but you can see that they will all eventually be broke unless the taxes are increased to fund them.

LilOld idiot. Thats you. Jeeze.

The system was designed so she wouldnt get it back in the first place. It isnt her money according to the system. It's the governments.

Like an insurance policy some will benefit financially more than they payed in and and others will fall short.
Social Security is a poorly run insurance plan verging on being a welfare benefit, but it still is a contract for participants.
It could've worked efficiently if it had been kept closed off from interference by politicians, like adding beneficiaries who never payed in, and if the actuarial effects of demographics had been factored in right along by raising and modifying age requirements as well as the "premiums" being paid in as the need for those changed.

Like an insurance policy some will benefit financially more than they payed in and and others will fall short.
Social Security is a poorly run insurance plan verging on being a welfare benefit, but it still is a contract for participants.
It could've worked efficiently if it had been kept closed off from interference by politicians, like adding beneficiaries who never payed in, and if the actuarial effects of demographics had been factored in right along by raising and modifying age requirements as well as the "premiums" being paid in as the need for those changed.

But people don't look at the bigger picture. If it sounds nice we just do it without thinking of the consequences. Make sure when people retire they have at least a little something to rely on just mandate every working American 'participate' and it will be there for them too'? Like I said it sounds perfectly reasonable and anyone who is against giving money to the old or disabled is just plain mean right? But there is a reason the framers would say SS is unconstitutional. It violates the general welfare clause. Specifically it violates the word 'general'. Taxes are being levied upon many but the benefits are only accessible to some.

Forum List

Back