Gov. Scott: Trump won’t decide when to lift Vermont Covid-19 restrictions

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
President Donald Trump on Monday set the stage for a showdown with the nation’s state governors, claiming it was up to the federal government to decide when to restart economic activity in the wake of Covid-19.

Gov. Phil Scott disagreed and said states — not the president — would decide when Vermont businesses could reopen and his “Stay Home” order lifted.

On Monday, the president appointed a new task force dedicated to getting people back to work and opening businesses and said the federal government would determine when states lift orders imposed to prevent the spread of the virus.
Scott pushed back at a press conference Monday.

“It didn’t take federal action to spur us into action and it’s not going to be the federal government that determines when we take appropriate steps here in Vermont,” Scott said.

My Republican governor who does not support trump.

Ah, here we go again. Another freedom stealing pussy playing tough guy. These guys may be surprised when the people finally had enough of their totalitarian BS and just defy them like states are defying the fed. These idiots would do better to replace their politics with logic, teamwork and freedom. This isn't Communist China.

The POTUS stated himself the governors need to decide when to lift the guidelines.
He says that but it will not stop him from bullying governors and stirring up their citizens to demand that they throw their older citizens under the CV bus.

I'm stocked on maple syrup and other States will be glad to take their market share of whatever they do in Vermont.. No problem.

Besides .. Trump's not going to force Vermont to get their asses back to work... reality will..

Ah, here we go again. Another freedom stealing pussy playing tough guy. These guys may be surprised when the people finally had enough of their totalitarian BS and just defy them like states are defying the fed. These idiots would do better to replace their politics with logic, teamwork and freedom. This isn't Communist China.
Only idiots are pro-Covid 19.

Vermont basically relies on speeding tickets and a corrupt justice system for revenue.

I'm stocked on maple syrup and other States will be glad to take their market share of whatever they do in Vermont.. No problem.

Besides .. Trump's not going to force Vermont to get their asses back to work... reality will..
It's hard to go to work when you're dead.

... or your job no longer exists but hunger does ... my parents lived through a depression... at worst 24.9 % national unemployment as I recall. (far worse in the other left coast)

... or your job no longer exists but hunger does ... my parents lived through a depression... at worst 24.9 % unemployment
Lucky for me I don't have that problem.

It seems you are saying Democrats are idiots. They're the ones rooting for the virus in hopes it will help them defeat Trump. You call them idiots, I call them scumbags.

It seems you are saying Democrats are idiots. They're the ones rooting for the virus in hopes it will help them defeat Trump. You call them idiots, I call them scumbags.
So its Democrats that are putting peoples lives at risk by defying stay at home guidelines?
Good to know.

Forum List

Back