Gov. Sarah Palin Exercises Common Sense Again: Says Troops Should Be Armed On Bases

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
And she is right again calling out a bad policy implemented by a democrat president. In Israel, ALL military are armed, off and on base..should be the same here..but of course the US has become wussified, especially under our latest putative president who is Constitutionally ineligible to hold the office. We wouldn't be having all these problems on U.S. bases if Palin was president. If she was she would revert back to the days when our military could carry sidearms on bases and defend themselves.

Sarah Palin: Allow troops to be armed on base - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com

Absolutely impossible that anyone could have been killed, wounded or even felt threatened at Fort Hood! Just a made-up story to divert attention from the epic fail that is Obamacare.

Why do I say that?

Because everybody knows that nobody is allowed to carry a gun on a military base! By inviolate order. See, impossible for there to have been a gun there except in the minds of logically-challenged Democrats.

I think LOTS of people in the news read this board. Just yesterday in the Shooting Ft Hood thread, I was informing y'all I had no clue that military bases do not have armed soldiers. Even my husband did not know that. So a few folks informed me that no....military bases have their arms locked up and have to call the local cops, sheriff, chp, etc. I thought that just stupid.

Late last night, on the news, they were commenting on military bases having to rely on chp, sheriff, cops...and most did not know military bases were weaponless. Same this morning.

And she is right again calling out a bad policy implemented by a democrat president. In Israel, ALL military are armed, off and on base..should be the same here..but of course the US has become wussified, especially under our latest putative president who is Constitutionally ineligible to hold the office. We wouldn't be having all these problems on U.S. bases if Palin was president. If she was she would revert back to the days when our military could carry sidearms on bases and defend themselves.
there you pathological liars go again, trying to pass off George HW Bush off as a Democrat. He's all yours and he implemented the policy Feb 25, 1992.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf

Sorry Sarah, but the military has a deep love of gun control. Ironic, I know.

• Banned

Sorry Sarah, but the military has a deep love of gun control. Ironic, I know.
Is that a problem with you?

We can blame Obama for the shootings at Ft. Hood. Had everyone on base been armed the psycho who opened fire first would have been put in his place pronto.

Hell ... even the teachers in Israel are armed. Probably one of the reasons why you don't hear of mass shootings on their campuses:

IsraeliTeacherArmed.jpg

IsraeliTeachersArmed.jpg

Israeli-girls-carrying-guns-while-walking-around-streets-490x326.jpg

0202121.jpg

guncontrol.JPG

Last edited:

"Gov. Sarah Palin"? She resigned halfway through her term. She quit. She isn't a Governor anymore.

"Gov. Sarah Palin"? She resigned halfway through her term. She quit. She isn't a Governor anymore.

LOL. You are aware that ex-Presidents and ex-Governors across America are still called by their ex-titles -- aren't you? Folks call Huckabee, "Governor Huckabee" all the time even though he's now a talk-show host. Pretty common practice, actually. Bill Clinton is still referred to as "President Clinton." It may not be the most correct thing to do but folks have been doing it for decades.

Last edited:
Absolutely impossible that anyone could have been killed, wounded or even felt threatened at Fort Hood! Just a made-up story to divert attention from the epic fail that is Obamacare.

Why do I say that?

Because everybody knows that nobody is allowed to carry a gun on a military base! By inviolate order. See, impossible for there to have been a gun there except in the minds of logically-challenged Democrats.

Here's the answer ... :
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8]Gun Free Zones - 1/2 Hour News Hour - YouTube[/ame]

Seems like a silly distinction to make.

You are aware that people who've held high elected offices or high positions in the military are commonly, as a matter of respect for the office/rank, addressed by the highest title they achieved from then on, yes?

I get that you don't like Sarah Palin, she's a pretty polarizing figure. Seriously, though, you're going a long way to be disagreeable when you don't really have a point to make, here.

Edit: Damn, I'm kickin a dead horse already lol. You got jumped on!

Last edited:

LOL. You are aware that ex-Presidents and ex-Governors across America are still called by their ex-titles -- aren't you? Folks call Huckabee, "Governor Huckabee" all the time even though he's now a talk-show host. Pretty common practice, actually. Bill Clinton is still referred to as "President Clinton." It may not be the most correct thing to do but folks have been doing it for decades.

Not when I met him. I called him Mr. Clinton.

You are aware that people who've held high elected offices or high positions in the military are commonly, as a matter of respect for the office/rank, addressed by the highest title they achieved from then on, yes?

No they don't. Only the pompous ones like generals do that. You don't see people walking around saying that's Colonel or Captain to you mister.

Last edited:

Palin resigned. She was the governor and then she abandoned her position. She specifically quit being the governor. She sent in a signed letter saying she wasn't the governor anymore.

Not when I met him. I called him Mr. Clinton.

No they don't. Only the pompous ones like generals do that. You don't see people walking around saying that's Colonel or Captain to you mister.

I didn't say they all go around referring to -themselves- as such. Actually, one of my close personal friends is a retired U.S. Marine Captain. He calls himself David, but you bet your ass that anyone referring to him formally, especially other military and ex military personnel (and family of military personnel, and people who are simply respectful of our servicemen and women) calls him Captain West.

Way to try and spin what I said into something else and then bash the shit out of it. You sure showed that straw man what was crackin!

Palin resigned. She was the governor and then she abandoned her position. She specifically quit being the governor. She sent in a signed letter saying she wasn't the governor anymore.

Most retired military officers also resigned of their own accord as well. Doesn't change the common practice.

Keep on that point, though. It's super relevant to. . . anything.

Forum List

Back