Gov. Rick Perry surrenders to Travis County Jail

obama is why stupid people should never be allowed to vote.

True fascist words.

BTW, did you just disqualify yourself from voting?
In your dream world but you're being hypocritical considering you support fascism
Here's your test
Do you support government intervention in the private sector?

LOL.

Government has always been intervening in the private sector, ever since the founding of our Republic.
I take that as you bow out? I asked you do you support it not how long has it been done.
COCK SUCKER DO YOU SUPPORT THE GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION INTO THE PRIVATE SECTOR?
Answer it or shut the fuck up.

Neither Obama or Perry are subverting process. And frankly, Issuing EO's that become the law of the land is a a far cry from threatening to veto funding of the office of a local DA who frankly, did abuse power and is a drunken fool.

Anyhow, the Texas state legislature could have overridden his veto. EO's can't be overridden.

What the alcoholic DA did or didn't do isn't in question here. Regardless of what she did, Perry is not the ultimate decider of which Texas officials stay in office or leave office. That's for the voters in Texas to decide, or a jury if their actions can be brought up on charges.

Perry overstepped his duties and attempted to force out an elected official using his power as governor. Abuse of power.

140819Perry.jpg

Neither Obama or Perry are subverting process. And frankly, Issuing EO's that become the law of the land is a a far cry from threatening to veto funding of the office of a local DA who frankly, did abuse power and is a drunken fool.

Anyhow, the Texas state legislature could have overridden his veto. EO's can't be overridden.

What the alcoholic DA did or didn't do isn't in question here. Regardless of what she did, Perry is not the ultimate decider of which Texas officials stay in office or leave office. That's for the voters in Texas to decide, or a jury if their actions can be brought up on charges.

Perry overstepped his duties and attempted to force out an elected official using his power as governor. Abuse of power.

See post #159

this is such a hard concept for these people to get beyond. All he had to do was veto and thats it, no reason given, and this never would of happened.

obama is why stupid people should never be allowed to vote.

True fascist words.

BTW, did you just disqualify yourself from voting?
In your dream world but you're being hypocritical considering you support fascism
Here's your test
Do you support government intervention in the private sector?

LOL.

Government has always been intervening in the private sector, ever since the founding of our Republic.
I take that as you bow out? I asked you do you support it not how long has it been done.
COCK SUCKER DO YOU SUPPORT THE GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION INTO THE PRIVATE SECTOR?
Answer it or shut the fuck up.
everybody supports it in some fashion

Perry intends to carry through with the process. This as a means to demonstrate the abuse of power by the Left and, in particular, the addled moron DA that has just swam out into the deep end.

When this is over, there's a good chance that this gal will be frog marched into her own cell, for criminal misuse of her office.

Should be fun to watch.

Actually no, he said he was going to deny that office State funds if she remained in charge. He has every right to veto funds for any reason or no reason for that matter.

I think this is going to backfire on the Dems. The video of the drunk DA will make great campaign commercial fodder.
so would Perry behind bars

Good luck with that.
oh i doubt he will do any time. these people never really do.

"These people" = Innocent and wrongly indicted people. You got that right. See post #159.
so you think politicians dont get away with illegal things based on them being in politics?

Actually no, he said he was going to deny that office State funds if she remained in charge. He has every right to veto funds for any reason or no reason for that matter.

Wow Tomato, tomato......You literally just proved That Perry did what they are claiming.
What a stunning display of being stupid on your part. You should go lay down and take the rest of the night off. Clearly this is too complicated for you.

Wow Tomato, tomato......You literally just proved That Perry did what they are claiming.
What a stunning display of being stupid on your part. You should go lay down and take the rest of the night off. Clearly this is too complicated for you.

Wrong, the Travis county DA's office runs a State level agency along with their normal duties. Perry had every right to withhold monies for the State Accountability office or what ever it's called, his reason was he had lost confidence in that DA. That is not coercion, that is a Constitutional use of a veto.

Personally I think the Accountability office should fall under the State AG's and not a county DA and I will push my reps for that change.

Wrong, the Travis county DA's office runs a State level agency along with their normal duties. Perry had every right to withhold monies for the State Accountability office or what ever it's called, his reason was he had lost confidence in that DA. That is not coercion, that is a Constitutional use of a veto.

Personally I think the Accountability office should fall under the State AG's and not a county DA and I will push my reps for that change.
he wanted her out and stated he vetoed because she wouldnt resign. They admitted it.
You fail, this argument fails....Again had Perry just said he vetoed because they didnt want to spend the money, this never would of happened.

keep swinging.

he wanted her out and stated he vetoed because she wouldnt resign. They admitted it.
You fail, this argument fails....Again had Perry just said he vetoed because they didnt want to spend the money, this never would of happened.

keep swinging.

Did you bother to read the post that quoted the law? Tell me what he violated.

Here's what was posted.

A person commits an offense if by means of coercion he … influences or attempts to influence a public servant in a specific exercise of his official power or a specific performance of his official duty or influences or attempts to influence a public servant to violate the public servant’s known legal duty

keep swinging.

See post #159

keep swinging.

See post #159

No

See post #159

That post proves Perry is guilty. He used his power as governor (his veto power) to influence a Texas DA by threatening to withhold regularly, and necessary, budgetary funds.

Forum List

Back