Gov. Newsom signed a bill that will discontinue single-use plastic bags at grocery stores

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Focused like a laser on the reasons taxpayers are fleeing the State.

Meanwhile:

California Homeless Camp Cleanup Finds 250 Tons of Trash and 5,000 Needles​

1665493338259.jpeg

Haven't they tried this plastic bag ban before in favor of cloth bags or whatever else and they saw an increase in infections and spreading of pathogens? I think so. The Left...they never learn. They do the same things over and over and think this time it's gonna work.

Plus with most of these "re-usable" is an erroneous term, as they often barely last over 10-20 shopping cycles, and you have to remember the damn things when you go shopping resulting in you buying more. I have 5-10 I use, and about 20 that I've had to throw out due to wear.

I like the plastics bags. I use them for other things like taking lunch to work, scoop the cat box into them, if I ship something they make good packing material.

I never just throw them away. They get at least 1 other use sometimes two other uses.

Plus with most of these "re-usable" is an erroneous term, as they often barely last over 10-20 shopping cycles, and you have to remember the damn things when you go shopping resulting in you buying more. I have 5-10 I use, and about 20 that I've had to throw out due to wear.

Reusable bags are a biohazard. They are full of bacteria from being in peoples' cars, homes, dirty shopping carts, and handling by many people. Unless they are washed in between each use, they're a health hazard.

Single use plastic bags were banned years ago. We have multiuse bags that you have to pay for.

I like the plastics bags. I use them for other things like taking lunch to work, scoop the cat box into them, if I ship something they make good packing material.

I never just throw them away. They get at least 1 other use sometimes two other uses.

I use them for liners in the little trash cans we have in the house (bathroom, office, etc.). Of course, I live in a free state, so I have that option.

The article is talking about the produce bags, that are near impossible to get open to put your stuff ink and are so thin they don't hold anything over a few ounces without tearing. Honestly I say good riddance to the damn things.

Here in WA we have to pay .08 cents tax for the check out bags. I have a bunch and refuse to pay the state anymore $ than I have too, but I could never understand why they had banned the check out bags and not the produce bags. We'll see how long before Dimslee bans them here too

Focused like a laser on the reasons taxpayers are fleeing the State.

Meanwhile:

California Homeless Camp Cleanup Finds 250 Tons of Trash and 5,000 Needles​

View attachment 708517

You are one stupid Republican. Germany makes every store take back the packaging they sell the goods in. Get rid of plastic bags, and plastic bubble packaging next.

GREEN IS GOLD. Millions of dollars are being made converting from a cowboy economy to a conserver economy.

You are one stupid Republican. Germany makes every store take back the packaging they sell the goods in. Get rid of plastic bags, and plastic bubble packaging next.

GREEN IS GOLD. Millions of dollars are being made converting from a cowboy economy to a conserver economy.

Just making life more annoying for the plebes while the people enacting the polices let their servants handle the hassle.

That is why supermarkets are moving to biodegradable plastic in super markets in Europe...

It is time we get rid of them.. Cleans up cities no end... one use plastic is a cause of a lot of rubbish in cities...
One use plastic is a fairly recent thing (last 40-50 years), it has made the places we live more dirty...

Goto some of the cities in Europe where they have banned this for a while and they are far cleaner.. It is just a habit you get into..

That is why supermarkets are moving to biodegradable plastic in super markets in Europe...

It is time we get rid of them.. Cleans up cities no end... one use plastic is a cause of a lot of rubbish in cities...
One use plastic is a fairly recent thing (last 40-50 years), it has made the places we live more dirty...

Goto some of the cities in Europe where they have banned this for a while and they are far cleaner.. It is just a habit you get into..

Dude, bags are the least of the problem when you have homeless camps in your downtown areas.

It's virtue signaling for pols that want to show a green thumb, that makes life just a bit more annoying, until the next policy comes that makes life a bit bit more annoying.

Of course the people who vote this shit in probably haven't shopped themselves in years.

Actually, your fellow DemoKKKrats shitting in the streets is causing a lot of rubbish in cities...at least the ones run by people like you.

This is evolution then. But Progs demand revolution.

Dumb ass Democrats were the ones that FORCED use of plastic bags in the first place, BANNING paper bags. Now dumb ass Democrats have brought back paper bags and are banning plastic bags. You know, after they created an ecological disaster with their damn plastic bags. :cuckoo:

When I'm at the check out I'm always asked "paper or plastic?"

I always opt for the plastic, as it's much easier to carry more groceries at one time.

I hate making a second trip...

Styrofoam is the big enemy in Europe as it has to goto landfill... Amazon and others have moved over to recyclable materials, their customers would go mental if you don't...

Europe have generally embraced recycling as it is all revenue related... more recycling the cheaper your bills...

Forum List

Back