Got my COBRA bill this weekend

I just got around to checking my mailbox, and the COBRA bill is there. It is $664 per month. the last stimulus bill will pay 65% of that, which means I am 234 out of pocket for it.

Net unemployment is 299 per week.

I liked working for the big bank. I feel really bummed now though.

Shop around.

I suggest Blue Cross/Blue Shield Catastrophic Health Insurance.

Last time I bought it it was something like $185/mo for self + family.

I looked around last night and that looks a better plan.

Of course, dental is part of the old package.

And my cash level right now and personal health is such that I don't need it, but I am required to cover my kid's insurance because my ex's income stream won't begin to cover it.

Oh, another kicker that just got here. The folks that administer the HSA (which has a nice big balance in it) want to charge a $3 admin fee. Hello?

I just got around to checking my mailbox, and the COBRA bill is there. It is $664 per month. the last stimulus bill will pay 65% of that, which means I am 234 out of pocket for it.

Shop around.

I suggest Blue Cross/Blue Shield Catastrophic Health Insurance.

Last time I bought it it was something like $185/mo for self + family.

I looked around last night and that looks a better plan.

Of course, dental is part of the old package.

And my cash level right now and personal health is such that I don't need it, but I am required to cover my kid's insurance because my ex's income stream won't begin to cover it.

Oh, another kicker that just got here. The folks that administer the HSA (which has a nice big balance in it) want to charge a $3 admin fee. Hello?

I'm glad to help.

Improvise

Overcome

Persevere

And get the fuck away from the computer.:razz:

Yes, Delilah would agree that I'm quite the "deep pool of knowledge," particularly regardling the obvious.:tongue:

I wouldn't expect that Delilah would assume she'd be covered after my death. I'd expect that she'd even take time out from planning the Post-funerary festivities to apply for her own (and slaves) insurance well in advance of my eagerly anticipated demise.

lol re the obvious. i hear ya.

fwiw, i'm pretty sure she's covered again. she's a professional in her own right. my only point was that i believe it was the ins. co's obligation to allow her to purchase coverage, even if only temporarily. while her husband was alive, they couldn't change coverage because he had a pre-existing condition.. the one that ultimately resulted in his death. so there could have been a lapse where, if one of the kids or my friend were sick in the interim, they would have been on their own. That's not supposed to happen. And it shouldn't happen, IMO.

so there could have been a lapse where, if one of the kids or my friend were sick in the interim, they would have been on their own. That's not supposed to happen. And it shouldn't happen, IMO.

I suppose I'd agree if the guy was hit by a bus.

But your friend must have had some indication in advance that her source of insurance was going to expire, and, being responsible for her kids, would be selecting another form of insurance.

so there could have been a lapse where, if one of the kids or my friend were sick in the interim, they would have been on their own. That's not supposed to happen. And it shouldn't happen, IMO.

But your friend must have had some indication in advance that her source of insurance was going to expire, and, being responsible for her kids, would be selecting another form of insurance.

she couldn't have gotten a family plan then because he had multiple myeloma.

I don't understand this.

Now Baruch, take cheer. Your CEO is still getting his bonus and salary. The Health Care CEO's are all still getting their salaries and bonuses. Isn't the American Health Care System wonderful?

Now Baruch, take cheer. Your CEO is still getting his bonus and salary. The Health Care CEO's are all still getting their salaries and bonuses. Isn't the American Health Care System wonderful?

What does a banker's bonus have to do with health care Old Rocks?

How do you know that health insurance will be cheaper with Obama care? For all you know it would be $400 more expensive. Then there's the possibility of a fine for not having coverage.

Last edited:

Yep the CEO's take the big risks that is why they get the big bucks.

As I have stated before the pre existing condition restriction should be waived if the insurance loss was involuntary (ie job loss or death, etc) and you get more ins within say a 6 month period.

As I have stated before the pre existing condition restriction should be waived if the insurance loss was involuntary (ie job loss or death, etc) and you get more ins within say a 6 month period.

This seems like something that could easily be writ into legislation of less than 3000 pages.

I don't understand this.

sorry if i wasn't clear. she couldn't change insurance companies while he was alive because he wouldn't have been covered due to his pre-existing condition. once he died, she could change policies because no more pre-existing condition. however, that left her with a gap in coverage for however long it took to get a new policy.

Hey, banks are now people too...

But don't feel bad, here's the new people in the neighbor...maybe the kids can make new friends!

pollution.jpg

not in mine or Kennedy's Neighborhood.....yours is ok though....

What does a banker's bonus have to do with health care Old Rocks?

How do you know that health insurance will be cheaper with Obama care? For all you know it would be $400 more expensive. Then there's the possibility of a fine for not having coverage.
and not everyone will be covered.....and it will still have selective coverage.....hey that is almost like it is now.....

Forum List

Back