GOPers Are Bringing Back Post-Reconstruction-Era Voting In N.C.

You failed to read my post.

I said that everyone should be able to walk to a polling place and be in and out in five minutes.

Not get foot massages.

You from Estonia or something?

And getting a foot massage, as I tried to point out to you, is about as idiotic as ASSUMING that you SHOULD be in and out in 5 minutes, considering that is on the flow of people and when it happens.. if all 10K show up in a 30 minute span, rather than spread out thru the day, you SHOULD expect to take longer

Idiot

Wait what?

Takes me about 5 minutes to vote.

And the polling place is around the block.

You must be a Russian Spy determined to undermine our freedom.

It has taken me 2 and 3 minutes some times.. other times it has taken me 15-20.. and why is that?? Because of the things that are BEYOND the control of the polling place.. I.E. the arrival rate, the weather, etc... you can expect differing experiences depending on when the people get there, etc... to think that you should ALWAYS expect your 5 minute times is, quite frankly, ridiculous

I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is the possibility of making it increasingly difficult to get "acceptable" ID
Once ID laws are in place, it is easy for local authorities to make it harder and harder for some voters to get to ID locations. Make it harder and harder to produce acceptable proof. Even Obama had to produce his birth certificate three times and still had idiots refusing to accept it
If you can do that to the President of the US, you can do it to some poor dirt farmer in North Carolina

How can they make it harder?? Strap their feet together? Put the boot on their vehicles? Stop selling bicycles? Shoot pedestrians or those taking public transportation if it looks like they are going to get an ID? Close all DMV's before elections?

You're still going off into the realm of the ridiculous

How can you make it harder?

- Require a visit to DMVs to get a voter ID and locate DMVs where you have to drive to get there
- Reject birth certificates for trivial errors
- Reject married women who's name on their birth certificate is different than their drivers license
- Require two picture IDs
- Refuse to accept student IDs as valid identification
- Refuse to accept IDS commonly carried by poor people

My God you lefties are a mess... you can't get anything straight... everything's an ordeal for you guys. Breathing for you guys seems to be an arduous & insurmaountable task...

:lol:

I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is the possibility of making it increasingly difficult to get "acceptable" ID
Once ID laws are in place, it is easy for local authorities to make it harder and harder for some voters to get to ID locations. Make it harder and harder to produce acceptable proof. Even Obama had to produce his birth certificate three times and still had idiots refusing to accept it
If you can do that to the President of the US, you can do it to some poor dirt farmer in North Carolina

How can they make it harder?? Strap their feet together? Put the boot on their vehicles? Stop selling bicycles? Shoot pedestrians or those taking public transportation if it looks like they are going to get an ID? Close all DMV's before elections?

- Require a visit to DMVs to get a voter ID and locate DMVs where you have to drive to get there
- Reject married women who's name on their birth certificate is different than their drivers license

All are expected to do the same.. it is not legally different for any race, sex, creed, etc
The same errors that would prevent you from a passport, drivers license, joining the military, etc..
Why would you bring the document with a differing name than your license? Would you not bring your SS card, marriage license, etc that shows the same name?? Seems like your stupidity is the issue, not trying to ensure you are who you say you are
Again.. same requirements for a license or anything else
Student ID is not government issue.. student ID does not prove citizenship, legal residence, etc
Poor people cannot carry a SS card, drivers license, birth cert, passport, government ID card issues from DMV, etc?? Your church membership card or costco card is not valid whether you are poor or rich

Again.. nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, is in legislation that makes it any different for any race, sex, creed, etc

Yes.. because there are laws against minorities getting their drivers licenses or state ID cards, etc

:rolleyes:

Never said that and you know it. You know the truth and continue to lie and obfuscate. This is why you, and people like you, are scum.

Well. since there are no laws preventing it.. and since everyone has the ability with the same documentation and information to go get the same ID.. it is not targeting anyone.. whether it be race, sex, creed, nationality etc... it is ensuring compliance with the voting laws on the books, across the board

And this assertion that it is about blocking a race or whatever is exactly what makes ones like you, the very scum you accuse others of being

People like me want to make voting as easy and convenient as possible for everyone.

People like you want to add roadblocks and shrink the window of opportunity to vote.

I'm quite fine with where I stand on the issue --- try not to slip on the snail trail you leave wherever you go.

And if they are lacking it, they cast a provisional ballot while the government figures out if the person is a valid voter.

I personally think if you find voting to be important enough, you go the day of the election.

Why make voting harder than it has to be?
We need to make the process of voting easier for all Americans not an ordeal. The last election had voters standing on line for hours. There is no excuse for it

You want voter ID? Provide it for free to anyone who wants one. Have vans that will come to your house to provide ID. Help people find documentation if they are missing it

When 99% of Americans have ID, then you can require it to vote. Not when you have 300,000 voters lacking it

the report said 95% have proper ID....:lol:

and if ID is required, it should be free to those who can't afford it.

So you want to pay for someone elses ID?

All are expected to do the same.. it is not legally different for any race, sex, creed, etc
The same errors that would prevent you from a passport, drivers license, joining the military, etc..
Why would you bring the document with a differing name than your license? Would you not bring your SS card, marriage license, etc that shows the same name?? Seems like your stupidity is the issue, not trying to ensure you are who you say you are
Student ID is not government issue.. student ID does not prove citizenship, legal residence, etc
Poor people cannot carry a SS card, drivers license, birth cert, passport, government ID card issues from DMV, etc?? Your church membership card or costco card is not valid whether you are poor or rich

Again.. nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, is in legislation that makes it any different for any race, sex, creed, etc

Well standards can be selected based on which group will be affected by those standards

Drivers License, Passports, Homeowners Documentation tend to favor the wealthy
Welfare IDs, food stamp cards would favor the poor

The group that is in power would be able to play with the standards and acceptable documentation to block those who they do not want to vote

Being able to jump through the hoops that Republicans put up is a personal responsibility?

What hoops? I've never had a problem voting. Granted, I'm far more than intelligent than most people, but it doesn't strike me as a difficult task.

Pat yourself on the back, Barry Horowitz.

Anyone who doesn't realize these laws are naked attempts to suppress poor and minority voters is a fucking clown.

And the afrocentric victim whore speaks again....Are you saying black people are too stupid to get ID?

Never said that and you know it. You know the truth and continue to lie and obfuscate. This is why you, and people like you, are scum.

Well. since there are no laws preventing it.. and since everyone has the ability with the same documentation and information to go get the same ID.. it is not targeting anyone.. whether it be race, sex, creed, nationality etc... it is ensuring compliance with the voting laws on the books, across the board

And this assertion that it is about blocking a race or whatever is exactly what makes ones like you, the very scum you accuse others of being

People like me want to make voting as easy and convenient as possible for everyone.

People like you want to add roadblocks and shrink the window of opportunity to vote.

I'm quite fine with where I stand on the issue --- try not to slip on the snail trail you leave wherever you go.

No, people like you want to make voting meaningless... vote early, vote often!

When is the left going to stop whining like the losers they think they are? I guess the talking points that sparked the post are for the low information lefties who never heard of redistricting. Whatever redistricting accomplishes or doesn't accomplish it most assuredly does not supress voter turnout.

Well standards can be selected based on which group will be affected by those standards

The group that is in power would be able to play with the standards and acceptable documentation to block those who they do not want to vote

No.. actually they do not favor any group.. except those that are citizens over those who are not.. you can still get a non-driving ID from ANY DMV/MVA at a very cheap cost... The ONLY reason a welfare card favors anyone is the fact they they are getting welfare... if, to get such card, they had to prove citizenship, residence in a voting district, or whatever it would be valid.. SINCE people who are NOT citizens etc can receive these entitlements, it does noting to prove validation for the requirements for voting

Again.. there is nothing in the law that restricts on any race, creed, sex, height, weight, hair color, religion, heritage, etc etc etc...

The standards are EQUAL across the board

Voting is not for EVERYONE.. only for citizens who meet the criteria for eligibility, including residence, age, etc.. and if you cannot prove yourself with such criteria, by voter law you cannot and should not vote

Idiot

When is the left going to stop whining like the losers they think they are? I guess the talking points that sparked the post are for the low information lefties who never heard of redistricting. Whatever redistricting accomplishes or doesn't accomplish it most assuredly does not supress voter turnout.

Funny thing is that wrongwinger and the other leftybots will abandon, then come back in another thread spouting the same shit they got destroyed on in here

Voting is not for EVERYONE.. only for citizens who meet the criteria for eligibility, including residence, age, etc.. and if you cannot prove yourself with such criteria, by voter law you cannot and should not vote

Idiot

That's why we have voter rolls.

The Far-right is responding to this thread with the indignation of a kid caught cheating on a Final Exam.

No.. actually they do not favor any group.. except those that are citizens over those who are not.. you can still get a non-driving ID from ANY DMV/MVA at a very cheap cost... The ONLY reason a welfare card favors anyone is the fact they they are getting welfare... if, to get such card, they had to prove citizenship, residence in a voting district, or whatever it would be valid.. SINCE people who are NOT citizens etc can receive these entitlements, it does noting to prove validation for the requirements for voting

Again.. there is nothing in the law that restricts on any race, creed, sex, height, weight, hair color, religion, heritage, etc etc etc...

You done saluting the flag? Can I offer you some apple pie?

You want voter ID laws? Fine......get everyone an ID and you can use it

Until that time, it is just a tool to disenfranchise voters

Being able to jump through the hoops that Republicans put up is a personal responsibility?

What hoops? I've never had a problem voting. Granted, I'm far more than intelligent than most people, but it doesn't strike me as a difficult task.

Pat yourself on the back, Barry Horowitz.

Anyone who doesn't realize these laws are naked attempts to suppress poor and minority voters is a fucking clown.
Comprehension is essential.

A law applied to everyone is by definition, not racist. People who say that people are oppressed because they cannot get a social necessity are fucking clowns.

You done saluting the flag? Can I offer you some apple pie?

You want voter ID laws? Fine......get everyone an ID and you can use it

Until that time, it is just a tool to disenfranchise voters

Everyone CAN get an ID.. it does not have to be hand delivered to you at your residence.. PERIOD

Go get the free or super low cost ID card you would need to cash a check, buy a beer, or anything else.. just like everyone else can Maryland Identification Cards How to Apply for a Virginia Identification Card | DMV Applying for a New Missouri DOR Identification Card at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple Alaska Identification Card Applying for a New New York DMV Identification Card at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

You lose.. there is no 'tool to disenfranchise' when it is fucking equal across the board with no distinction in law to race, creed, religion, sex, weight, culture, heritage, etc etc etc..

Finally, the new law prohibits paying canvassers to conduct voter registration drives, which have often been organized to register low-income and minority voters.

The GOP thrives on ignorance. The less voters know and the less they get a chance to vote, the better for the GOP. To the GOP, good is bad and bad is good....

Forum List

Back