GOP view of economy disconnected from reality

You're telling me that my direct experiences, and those of most other Americans, are meaningless, because some “expert” is telling us blatant lies that directly contradict what we are experiencing.

Again , it certainly seems that your side is very big on outrageously lying, completely oblivious to the fact that everyone can directly see and experience the truth that exposes these lies. Perhaps your side is hooked on pushing hard on some mutated form of Göbbels' “Big Lie” principle, hoping that if you repeat the lies loudly enough and often enough, people will be persuaded to disregard their direct experiences in order to believe the lies.

It will not work. Keep telling me that grass is orange, when I can see grass all around me, and clearly see that it is green. Put forth “experts” with their studies and research to prove that grass is orange, while I can clearly see that it is green. Get all the news media to keep repeating that grass is orange, while I can clearly see that it is green.

At what point do you expect me to disregard what I can clearly see, and believe that grass is orange?

It's not going to happen. And the more your side tries to push such bullshit, the more your side is exposed for fools and liars and worse.
Look. You are unable to process data in a normal way. Instead, you find some self selective qualitative anecdotes to derive your opinion regarding a complex economy. You maga bitches whined about gas breaking your back but don’t post how rich you are now that gas is lower. Egg prices was going to get you evicted now.. you should be buying a mansion with your egg savings. You guys have zero credibility.

Over 60% of the voters think the economy sucks, that the American Dream is over, and their future under Bidenomics is bleak...
Best employment environment in the history of this country. That is indisputable. If your dream doesn’t start with a good job then wake up and try again.

Republicans have never been more disconnected from the performance of an economy. The robust economic environment has defied it’s naysayers with its resiliency and is delivering a record year. You wouldn’t know it to talk to a republican though. The data shows republicans opinions of the economy have little if anything to do with its actual performance.

A good summary of the republican perception disconnect from reality.

Opinion | Republicans’ views of the economy are detached from reality

Consumer spending is strong, and Americans are starting new businesses at the highest rates since the Census Bureau began tracking this data in 2006. Yet when pollsters ask people how they think the economy is doing, they don’t just express concern. They say the economy is terrible.

The polling data doesn’t show that Americans think the economy stinks so much as it shows that Republicans say it stinks.

Some partisanship has always existed in polling about the economy: When there’s a Democrat in the White House, Democrats are more likely to say the economy is good than Republicans, and both sides change their opinions when the White House changes hands. But this difference has grown in recent years — and grown unequally. A pair of economists who examined decades of polling data concluded, “While both Republicans and Democrats view the economy more favorably when their party controls the White House, the magnitude of this partisan bias is roughly two and a half times larger for Republicans than for Democrats.”

We can see how that is playing out right now. In the latest edition of the University of Michigan’s Index of Consumer Sentiment, the average Democratic score is over twice as high as the Republican score. But what is most striking is just how awful Republicans say the economy is. Their index score for this month is significantly lower than the score they gave the economy in the depths of the Great Recession in 2008 and 2009, when the economy was bleeding hundreds of thousands of jobs every month.
1701139575956.png

1701139676114.png

1701139742446.png

1701139783331.png

Hey dumb dumb, Census says otherwise.

Maybe math is hard for you, and I'm sure economic terminology is outright fucking impossible, but that would explain your idiotic thread.
You posted a commentary comparing current real wages to the middle of the covid pandemic. GTFOOH. You are richer than you were the day before Covid. That’s in the chat i posted. The fact that stimulus helped folks has nothing to do with real wages.

Republicans have never been more disconnected from the performance of an economy. The robust economic environment has defied it’s naysayers with its resiliency and is delivering a record year. You wouldn’t know it to talk to a republican though. The data shows republicans opinions of the economy have little if anything to do with its actual performance.

A good summary of the republican perception disconnect from reality.

Opinion | Republicans’ views of the economy are detached from reality

Consumer spending is strong, and Americans are starting new businesses at the highest rates since the Census Bureau began tracking this data in 2006. Yet when pollsters ask people how they think the economy is doing, they don’t just express concern. They say the economy is terrible.

The polling data doesn’t show that Americans think the economy stinks so much as it shows that Republicans say it stinks.

Some partisanship has always existed in polling about the economy: When there’s a Democrat in the White House, Democrats are more likely to say the economy is good than Republicans, and both sides change their opinions when the White House changes hands. But this difference has grown in recent years — and grown unequally. A pair of economists who examined decades of polling data concluded, “While both Republicans and Democrats view the economy more favorably when their party controls the White House, the magnitude of this partisan bias is roughly two and a half times larger for Republicans than for Democrats.”

We can see how that is playing out right now. In the latest edition of the University of Michigan’s Index of Consumer Sentiment, the average Democratic score is over twice as high as the Republican score. But what is most striking is just how awful Republicans say the economy is. Their index score for this month is significantly lower than the score they gave the economy in the depths of the Great Recession in 2008 and 2009, when the economy was bleeding hundreds of thousands of jobs every month.
gaslight-1944-applique-cristal-450px.gif

Never mind you own lived experiences, listen to the assholes who blew the shit up telling you how great everything is!
What am I supposed to do? Simply listen to you guys make shit up, or should I continue to show you the real data?

You posted a commentary comparing current real wages to the middle of the covid pandemic. GTFOOH. You are richer than you were the day before Covid. That’s in the chat i posted. The fact that stimulus helped folks has nothing to do with real wages.
Your primary issue is that you cannot read.

Forum List

Back