GOP Senator says single mothers cause of child abuse and crime.

R

rdean

There is a strong correlation between the break down of families and young people committing more crime. Look it up. Some single moms have their shit together, but too many others don't. Having lots of children when you have no high school diploma or job isn't wise and those women who do it that way generally aren't in the running for parent of the year. Too many parents these days don't serve as a good example for their kids. Statistics show that many juvenile delinquents who turned to more serious crimes as an adult grew up with no father figure and a mother who didn't have a handle on things.

There are many reasons some are single parents and a lot of them do just fine. There are also some who have kids because it means public assistance and they usually suck at parenting.

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president.”

-President Obama

And you think only Republicans say stupid shit? That be a clown question, dean.

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president.”

-President Obama

In a profile published on Sunday in The New Yorker, the president said, “There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black President.” He continued, “Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black President.”

obamacare_lies.jpg

He's right.

Another time, he (Eric Holder) was stopped by police "while simply running to a catch a movie, at night in Georgetown.
"I was at the time of that last incident a federal prosecutor," Holder said to laughs from the audience.

And Republicans are 90% white. And they will stay that way for a while yet. Until enough of the racists die off.

must be an election year. Repubs invariably make comments like this w/ a campaign right around the corner ;)

And it always seems to get them into trouble. But they do it because it's what their racist base wants to hear.

It's no wonder they feel good cutting daycare, school lunches and food stamps. They are teaching those women a "lesson".

George W. Bush grew up in a two-parent household and he turned out just fine. Oh, wait. No, he didn't. He lied to the entire world to restart the same endless war that the CIA (to which his father is very closely tied) specifically designed to never be won, so someone should have told him that invading Afghanistan was a stupid idea, and Iraq was just wrong on every level. And there were the secret torture prisons in which the CIA beat an untold number of POWs to death.

You know, "traditional American values".

Last edited:
Um, I just read the bill, and it doesn't say at all what your spin on it is:

The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do
enact as follows:
1Section 1. 48.982 (2) (g) 2. of the statutes is amended to read:
2 48.982 (2) (g) 2. Promote statewide educational and public awareness
3campaigns and materials for the purpose of developing public awareness of the
4problems of child abuse and neglect. In promoting those campaigns and materials,
5the board shall emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child
6abuse and neglect.
7Section 2. 48.982 (2) (g) 4. of the statutes is amended to read:
8 48.982 (2) (g) 4. Disseminate information about the problems of and methods
9of preventing child abuse and neglect to the public and to organizations concerned
10with those problems. In disseminating that information, the board shall emphasize
11nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.
12Section 3. 48.982 (2) (gm) of the statutes is amended to read:
13 48.982 (2) (gm) Provide, for use by the board in its statewide projects under sub.
14(5) and for use by organizations that receive grants under subs. (4) and (6),
15educational and public awareness materials and programming that emphasize
16nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect and the
17role of fathers in the primary prevention of child abuse and neglect.
18 (End)

Without a doubt, children living with single mothers are at a disadvantage compared to those who have both parents.

There is a reason Obama often encourages black fathers to stay with their families, and is looking to nullify federal marijuana laws. Way too many blacks are convicted of victimless crimes in marijuana use and trafficking, and sent to prison, unable to grow up with their families.

So, what are you saying exactly?

Dean is a dishonest asswipe.....and his Lamprey Dottie comes in and sucks up his shit when he leaves the thread he starts...

-President Obama

In a profile published on Sunday in The New Yorker, the president said, “There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black President.” He continued, “Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black President.”

obamacare_lies.jpg

He's right.

Another time, he (Eric Holder) was stopped by police "while simply running to a catch a movie, at night in Georgetown.
"I was at the time of that last incident a federal prosecutor," Holder said to laughs from the audience.

And Republicans are 90% white. And they will stay that way for a while yet. Until enough of the racists die off.

Really, Holder was stopped by police in arguably one of the most liberal city in the US and you blame republicans. I bet you rode the short bus to school didn't you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbXOIOvXow]re: Thought Catalog article: Dan Quayle/Murphy Brown/LA Riots. - YouTube[/ame]

People like that are bigots. The guys on the $10 and $20 bills were raised by single mothers. They need to get over their moralizing already :p

must be an election year. Repubs invariably make comments like this w/ a campaign right around the corner ;)

THe story is almost two years old.
FAIL.
It was not a US Senator, but a WI state senator.
FAIL.
He did not say single mothers cause child abuse.
FAIL.

Total RDerp troll thread fail.
Send to Badlands, stat!

This is not news what the OP brings us. This is an almost 2-year-old story.

What is useful about it is that it shows that Republicans are hypocrites in that they say they want to get government out of your life, but then try to pass Big Brother laws that actually require a whole set of people to say specific words to other people in an attempt to co-relate single-parent families with the scourge of crime out there.

It's a stupid bill, plain and simple, because 1) it is not based in reality and 2) it does nothing for the people. It is of no benefit to anyone that such a bill exists other than to make one moron's view of the world into law.

In the last three decades, crime has gone down while divorce and single-parenthood have gone up. Those are the facts. They are indisputable and they prove that this one state senator's bill makes no sense whatsoever.

In the last three decades, crime has gone down while divorce and single-parenthood have gone up. Those are the facts. They are indisputable and they prove that this one state senator's bill makes no sense whatsoever.
So we should promote divorce to fight crime?

Senator Glenn Grothman single mothers

An Act requiring the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board to emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

While this bill may be a couple of years old, has anything changed? In fact, it's gotten worse. Republicans want to make it harder for women to get contraception. They want to ban abortions.

They want more criminals? Is that their message?

nah... they just wanna yank on the chain of dumbfucks like you, dean...

simply for entertainment value...

you are, after all, the most fun to watch when you're in your most dumbfuck moments... :)

So we should promote divorce to fight crime?

No, we should continue to promote education and to subsidize the police instead of cutting back on them as Republicans like to do in a vain attempt at cutbacks that they then turn into tax cuts for their friends the Koch brothers.

Forum List

Back