GOP Senator John Thune Braggs About His $6 Minimum Wage - Neglects it Would Be $24 Today

The market should set wages. But DemonRats and the Chamber-of-Commerce Republicans want never-ending turd world immigration to keep wages depressed.

This kerfuffle over a national minimum wage is just politics, as many unions have an automatic wage increase in their contracts when the national minimum wage increases.

I looked it up, he is the same age (within months) as me. He never bussed tables for $1 an hour. It never happened. He is lying.

"I started working by bussing tables at the Star Family Restaurant for $1/hour

I bussed tables in the late 70's (when Thune was a teen). It sucked as there was a special exemption back then that allowed a high school student to be able to work at $2.85 an hour.

I looked it up, he is the same age (within months) as me. He never bussed tables for $1 an hour. It never happened. He is lying.

"I started working by bussing tables at the Star Family Restaurant for $1/hour

I bussed tables in the late 70's (when Thune was a teen). It sucked as there was a special exemption back then that allowed a high school student to be able to work at $2.85 an hour.

Yup, I remember doing that, too. I was 16 in 1978 and was bussing tables at a Greek restaurant that had a German maitre d' and was owned by the Colombo crime family...

Forum List

Back