GOP Senator Celebrates His Vote Against Gay Marriage By Attending Son's Gay Marriage

no everyone including RBG said Roe was a horrible opinion and decided wrongly

The judges that wrote it did it incorrectly….should of been decided under equal protection
Stop lying. RBG said no such thing.

What she said was that a stronger argument could have been made for it in a different way.

She was a strong supporter of abortion rights

Marriage is not a religious institution dumb ass -- the earliest marriages known to man had ZERO to do with religion...

But thanks for confirming with me that you just like most Christian nationalists think our country should be a theocracy....
Damn, you really think highly of your shit opinions and worthless accusations don't you. You confirm your own shit in your own mind and eat it too because you are warped.

Nobody cares about gay marriage or abortion

Sure

You mean YOU don’t care
I think he or she does care -- just too cowardly to admit it....

But trust and believe, if Republicans ever proposes a federal ban on same sex marriage -- Conservatives will support it just like they supported it in the past...

Damn, you really think highly of your shit opinions and worthless accusations don't you. You confirm your own shit in your own mind and eat it too because you are warped.
Marriage is not a religious creation, do you understand that??

Instead of whining like a bitch about my opinions -- refute a single thing I said??

Furthermore, it shouldn't matter at all if marriage is a religious institution because non-religious people get married....you are a moron who is trying to defend discrimination against gays and is failing, miserably...

"A Pennsylvania lawmaker is facing criticism for attending his gay son's wedding last week, just days after opposing a bill in the U.S. house that would enshrine protections for same-sex marriage into federal law. Representative Glenn Thompson's office said in a statement that he and his wife were thrilled to attend the nuptials and are very happy to welcome a new son-in-law into the family. His office did not respond to a follow-up question about why he decided to vote against the measure."

So I guess the key to opposing same sex marriage is to just oppose it for everyone else but not your own family? Cool...Kinda makes for an awkward wedding knowing your Dad would have gladly voted to stop you from being married "legally" if Republicans ever had their wish....I am sure the weasel excuse given is:

"I am totally for gay marriage bro, I just don't want them to be federally protected...that's all"

I assume this is a case of a politician just doing what he thinks he has to do to get elected -- and for some reason, there are a lot of Republicans believing that the easiest way to remain in power is to oppose gay rights in any form it pops up...which is odd, because I keep hearing from the so-called Conservatives on this message board that "Bro, nobody is trying to take away rights from gays bro..." -- Seems once again, Conservatives are lying about their own positions....
Maybe he just thinks Gay Marriage doesn’t need these “extra protections”. End of story.

Marriage is not a religious creation, do you understand that??

Instead of whining like a bitch about my opinions -- refute a single thing I said??

Furthermore, it shouldn't matter at all if marriage is a religious institution because non-religious people get married....you are a moron who is trying to defend discrimination against gays and is failing, miserably...
So if a marriage is not a religious creation, then you confirm that a marriage can only be between a man and a woman.

1658851104934.png

it’s sad dembots have to be critical of a person celebrating his sons marriage

why do you all have a problem with love?
I guess the hypocrisy just flew a mile over your head.

You're so accustomed to Trumptard hypocrisy you don't even notice it any more.

I guess the hypocrisy just flew a mile over your head.

You're so accustomed to Trumptard hypocrisy you don't even notice it any more.
There is no hypocrisy. As I stated, finding zero worth in some federal law "protecting" something, that already is protected, is meaningless.

Nobody cares about gay marriage or abortion

Sure

You mean YOU don’t care
abortion and gay marriage aren't the same thing.

and yes I care very little about gay marriage....abortion however I do care about, it's a medical procedure that, like every other one needs to be safe.

abortion and gay marriage aren't the same thing.

and yes I care very little about gay marriage....abortion however I do care about, it's a medical procedure that, like every other one needs to be safe.
They are similar in that they are rights under attack by Republicans

haha nobody is attacking homosexual marriage,...or at least there is no serious push of any sort.

Is there even a pending case in Courts?
Yea… and no one was going to over turn Roe either

"A Pennsylvania lawmaker is facing criticism for attending his gay son's wedding last week, just days after opposing a bill in the U.S. house that would enshrine protections for same-sex marriage into federal law. Representative Glenn Thompson's office said in a statement that he and his wife were thrilled to attend the nuptials and are very happy to welcome a new son-in-law into the family. His office did not respond to a follow-up question about why he decided to vote against the measure."

So I guess the key to opposing same sex marriage is to just oppose it for everyone else but not your own family? Cool...Kinda makes for an awkward wedding knowing your Dad would have gladly voted to stop you from being married "legally" if Republicans ever had their wish....I am sure the weasel excuse given is:

"I am totally for gay marriage bro, I just don't want them to be federally protected...that's all"

I assume this is a case of a politician just doing what he thinks he has to do to get elected -- and for some reason, there are a lot of Republicans believing that the easiest way to remain in power is to oppose gay rights in any form it pops up...which is odd, because I keep hearing from the so-called Conservatives on this message board that "Bro, nobody is trying to take away rights from gays bro..." -- Seems once again, Conservatives are lying about their own positions....
Easy. The Senator voted against it because the Federal government has no business regulating marriage laws. Purely a state issue.

Gay marriage is a state's issue, not a federal issue. His stance seems consistent with that approach.

So if a marriage is not a religious creation, then you confirm that a marriage can only be between a man and a woman.

View attachment 674834
We already have evidence that marriage can be between 2 consenting adults no matter the genders -- because that is the law of the land now -- so if you morons are continuously saying "but bro, nobody is trying to ban same sex-marriage? -- why do you keep making these stupid arguments???

Whether marriage is between a man and a woman or a woman and a woman.....your idiotic belief that marriage can only be between a man and a woman because a book supposedly written by your imaginary Sky Daddy told you -- is just that, idiotic...

Gay marriage is a state's issue, not a federal issue. His stance seems consistent with that approach.
False....

But thanks for confirming that you are more than ok with same sex marriages not being federally protected - which then breaks down to states not recognizing marriages because that couple is from a different state...

Funny how that states rights argument didn't apply to gun laws tho..

Stop hiding behind "states rights" in order to justify using government power to punish minorities.....we have a long history of it now and its always the Conservatives behind it...

States can regulate marriage, but they can't deny someone Equal Protection, via the US Constitution, nor could they pass a law not recognizing the contract one state had granted.

Therefore, gay marriage can't be banned in a state. Certainly a state can regulate marriage, ie require a licence, blood testing etc....but gay marriage can't be treated differently then hetrosexual marriage.

This is not an issue, but something the dembots want to make an issue, since they can't run on their horrible policies that are making homosexuals, hetrosexuals, married and unmarried people all poorer.

Forum List

Back