GOP Senator Celebrates His Vote Against Gay Marriage By Attending Son's Gay Marriage

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A Pennsylvania lawmaker is facing criticism for attending his gay son's wedding last week, just days after opposing a bill in the U.S. house that would enshrine protections for same-sex marriage into federal law. Representative Glenn Thompson's office said in a statement that he and his wife were thrilled to attend the nuptials and are very happy to welcome a new son-in-law into the family. His office did not respond to a follow-up question about why he decided to vote against the measure."

So I guess the key to opposing same sex marriage is to just oppose it for everyone else but not your own family? Cool...Kinda makes for an awkward wedding knowing your Dad would have gladly voted to stop you from being married "legally" if Republicans ever had their wish....I am sure the weasel excuse given is:

"I am totally for gay marriage bro, I just don't want them to be federally protected...that's all"

I assume this is a case of a politician just doing what he thinks he has to do to get elected -- and for some reason, there are a lot of Republicans believing that the easiest way to remain in power is to oppose gay rights in any form it pops up...which is odd, because I keep hearing from the so-called Conservatives on this message board that "Bro, nobody is trying to take away rights from gays bro..." -- Seems once again, Conservatives are lying about their own positions....

"A Pennsylvania lawmaker is facing criticism for attending his gay son's wedding last week, just days after opposing a bill in the U.S. house that would enshrine protections for same-sex marriage into federal law. Representative Glenn Thompson's office said in a statement that he and his wife were thrilled to attend the nuptials and are very happy to welcome a new son-in-law into the family. His office did not respond to a follow-up question about why he decided to vote against the measure."

So I guess the key to opposing same sex marriage is to just oppose it for everyone else but not your own family? Cool...Kinda makes for an awkward wedding knowing your Dad would have gladly voted to stop you from being married "legally" if Republicans ever had their wish....I am sure the weasel excuse given is:

"I am totally for gay marriage bro, I just don't want them to be federally protected...that's all"

I assume this is a case of a politician just doing what he thinks he has to do to get elected -- and for some reason, there are a lot of Republicans believing that the easiest way to remain in power is to oppose gay rights in any form it pops up...which is odd, because I keep hearing from the so-called Conservatives on this message board that "Bro, nobody is trying to take away rights from gays bro..." -- Seems once again, Conservatives are lying about their own positions....
Fuck the faggots and their immoral actions what is now causing young children to get infected with Monkey Pox.

Elected officials are there to do the peoples will. A parent supports their children. Hard for you to grasp that perhaps.
Yea and I was told by cucks like you that "Nobody cares about gays getting married" -- seems as tho you cucks were lying...

Fuck the faggots and their immoral actions what is now causing young children to get infected with Monkey Pox.
You ain't fooling anyone bro....we see your queer eyes peeking out of the bushes....

_00-rea-008 (26).jpg

stop performing for the crowd and live your truth....

Yeah, on the political hypocrite scale it barely moves the needle.
This is just Conservatives lying about their own positions as usual...

Not a single Republican politician should feel compelled to oppose gay marriage if Conservatives keep telling us that they don't care about opposing gay rights anymore.....so who is pressuring them to continuously oppose gay rights??

what is it with Conservatives being ashamed of their own positions

there is no contradiction here…believing marriage is a protected constitutional right, that the federal govt has no power to regulate, and go to your son’s wedding are comparable

but silly dembot cultist need click bait and their cult leases need wedge issues cause they can’t run on their failed economy and weak leadership around the globe

This is just Conservatives lying about their own positions as usual...

Not a single Republican politician should feel compelled to oppose gay marriage if Conservatives keep telling us that they don't care about opposing gay rights anymore.....so who is pressuring them to continuously oppose gay rights??

what is it with Conservatives being ashamed of their own positions
what gay rights is being opposed??

Another example of the state of "journalism" today - "Pa. Rep. Glenn Thompson votes against same-sex marriage.."

Barely worth commenting on.

Yea and I was told by cucks like you that "Nobody cares about gays getting married" -- seems as tho you cucks were lying...
You were not told that by me stinky lips. Marriage is a religious institution usurped by the government and now a bunch of despots and deviants such as you.

You were not told that by me stinky lips. Marriage is a religious institution usurped by the government and now a bunch of despots and deviants such as you.
Marriage is not a religious institution dumb ass -- the earliest marriages known to man had ZERO to do with religion...

But thanks for confirming with me that you just like most Christian nationalists think our country should be a theocracy....

what gay rights is being opposed??
It's ok to be purposely obtuse...

On a post about a guy going to his son's gay wedding while voting against a bill that would federally protect his right to marriage -- and your dumb ass is asking that dumb ass question

Knowing the minute a federal ban on gay marriage is proposed -- your bitch ass will be front and center defending it..shut yo goofy ass up

It's ok to be purposely obtuse...

On a post about a guy going to his son's gay wedding while voting against a bill that would federally protect his right to marriage -- and your dumb ass is asking that dumb ass question

Knowing the minute a federal ban on gay marriage is proposed -- your bitch ass will be front and center defending it..shut yo goofy ass up
There is no federal ban being proposed, and it's already protected....so you are simply making things up....and the dembots are purposely doing it, to distract from the horrors of their policies on the economy.

No hypocrisy?

On planet Bizzarro

One can be OK with STATES allowing SSM via legislation but AGAINST the federal government forcin States to issue SSM Licenses.

That being said the law in question only makes States recognize any license from another State, so his opposition to this is probably just a "fuck the democrats" no vote.

Forum List

Back