GOP says Democrats' ethics bill doesn't go far enough

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
SPRINGFIELD -- The Illinois Senate is gearing up for a debate over a package of ethics reforms, possibly as early as this week, that Republicans say doesn't go far enough.

Senate Bill 4, which moved out of the Senate Ethics Committee on April 21, is a package written largely by legislative Democrats that would enact new rules governing lobbying, campaign fundraising, who can serve on political committees and the operations of the General Assembly.
:spinner: I know, Illinois and ethics and Democrats. So, when everyone is done laughing hysterically we can move on.

One of the items discussed in the GOP backed legislation is the one year hard rule revolving door. I don't think that goes far enough. I say a five year hard rule on the revolving door.

The words Democrats and ethics should never be used in the same sentence. There's nothing ethical about them.

Nah, ethics and politicians don't go together. Maybe 2% of them have any morals when it comes to their political career. But yeah democrats are a tiny bit worse about it.

Forum List

Back