GOP runs Kansas into ground, another red welfare state.

Kansas may furlough 7,000 state workers as tax-starved coffers run dry

Red states, just say thanks to us blue staters who float you through the hard times.

You're welcome.

More than 7,000 state employees in Kansas would be furloughed on Monday if state lawmakers cannot agree on a new annual budget by midnight on Saturday, state officials said on Friday.

The Kansas House and Senate are trying to make up an estimated $400 million revenue shortfall in the wake of tax cuts engineered by Republican Governor Sam Brownback in recent years.

Republicans can't do math.

Maybe not, but Republicans know more about math than Democrats do about economics

Red states, just say thanks to us blue staters who float you through the hard times.

You're welcome.

More than 7,000 state employees in Kansas would be furloughed on Monday if state lawmakers cannot agree on a new annual budget by midnight on Saturday, state officials said on Friday.

The Kansas House and Senate are trying to make up an estimated $400 million revenue shortfall in the wake of tax cuts engineered by Republican Governor Sam Brownback in recent years.

Maybe not, but Republicans know more about math than Democrats do about economics

Then why are most red states welfare states?

You're welcome.

psst.......don't count the money going to bases and shipbuilding...........don't let on...........psst..............

The trailer house manufactures will be happy as more people lose their houses and jobs the trailer parks will be filling up in Kansas
Working people are never included in their calculations, the wealthy get a tax cut, mission accomplished.

X = Y
X = Cost of Gov't
Y = Revenue

If Y goes down........or X goes up

What must be done to remain equal?
Slash Y, while X remains constant and what happens?

Kansas
Easy enough.............Cut X to match Y.............equals out.............

Slash Y............WHY?

TEA............Taxed Enough Already.
Why? Because when you cut X, you are slashing funding for food, healthcare and education for struggling families.
But why shouldn't the people suffer so that the wealthy can have it easier?

You're welcome.

They aren't, you pulled it out of your ass.

Why is most deficit spending done in Blue States?

You're welcome.

Because they are run by republicans.

You're welcome.

psst.......don't count the money going to bases and shipbuilding...........don't let on...........psst..............

That's federal money dopey McDopester. (handouts)

Read the OP.

The trailer house manufactures will be happy as more people lose their houses and jobs the trailer parks will be filling up in Kansas
Working people are never included in their calculations, the wealthy get a tax cut, mission accomplished.

The irony that most jobs come from "the wealthy." So, what happens to "working people" when you take more of the "the wealthy" bastard's money? Do you know when I have less money, I hire fewer people? Boggles the mind, doesn't it? How the heck did that happen?

As for the phrase "working people," why am I going to be the one in the office today? What is it I'm going to be doing while the working people aren't working?

You're welcome.

Um.... it's not.

Best thing for Kansas to do is cut more taxes

Wealth and prosperity will surely follow

I know, right? Money in the hands of the people is good for the economy? Obviously one thing blue States like California, Illinois and New York as well as the Federal government show is how great high taxes and massive spending are for the economy.
Guess it depends on which people end up with that money

You're welcome.

Shipbuilding isn't very common in landlocked states.

Over half of defense spending goes to 10 states, all but 3 of which are blue/swing states.

Top 10 Recipients of Defense Dollars
Defense Spending in State
($ in billions)

1. Virginia
$56.9

2. California
$56.7

3. Texas
$42.1

4. Florida
$22.8

5. Maryland
$19.9

6. Georgia
$18.6

7. Pennsylvania
$16.8

8. Arizona
$15.3

9. Massachusetts
$15.1

10. North Carolina
$14.7
Total for Top Ten States
$279.0
Total for United States
$527.8

The irony that most jobs come from "the wealthy." So, what happens to "working people" when you take more of the "the wealthy" bastard's money? Do you know when I have less money, I hire fewer people? Boggles the mind, doesn't it? How the heck did that happen?

As for the phrase "working people," why am I going to be the one in the office today? What is it I'm going to be doing while the working people aren't working?
Are you still trying to sell that bogus "job creator" and "trickle down" nonsense

Putting more money in the hands of the wealthy only encourages them to keep it

Don't try to sell trickle down to me, quit buying that bullshit years ago. The wealthy do not create jobs out of thin air out of the goodness of their heart. They capitalize on demand for goods and services no matter the tax structure.

Don't try to sell trickle down to me, quit buying that bullshit years ago. The wealthy do not create jobs out of thin air out of the goodness of their heart. They capitalize on demand for goods and services no matter the tax structure.

More importantly, allowing more wealth to flow into the hands of the wealthy does not guarantee they will invest it into the local state economy....more likely in our globalized world they will find some foreign country to make money in and they'll invest their new found wealth into Asia or something. The state probably will never see the money they lose from those tax cuts for the rich.

Republicans need to stop thinking it's still the 1950's.

divide-by-zero6.jpg

You're welcome.

Um.... it's not.

Um...it is.

California, New York, Illinois and New England alone are over half of the $4 trillion in State debt.

Dude, you said Republicans don't know math, seems you're numerically challenged yourself

If the market is there to sell more product, they will sell more product

Putting more money in the pockets of the wealthy in a satiated market will not create jobs. They will also not increase wages on those who do work for them

More importantly, allowing more wealth to flow into the hands of the wealthy does not guarantee they will invest it into the local state economy....more likely in our globalized world they will find some foreign country to make money in and they'll invest their new found wealth into Asia or something. The state probably will never see the money they lose from those tax cuts for the rich.

Republicans need to stop thinking it's still the 1950's.

Yet you're wrong, who saw that coming? Anyway, you are a clown

If the market is there to sell more product, they will sell more product

Putting more money in the pockets of the wealthy in a satiated market will not create jobs. They will also not increase wages on those who do work for them

You still haven't explained how you know more about economics than the field of economics

Forum List

Back