GOP Risks Becoming "Religious Party" - McCain Advisor

In about two years. The Reps can't win without the Christians. Sorry that's the reality. And no one else will beat the Dems without them either.

Not saying to dump the Christians, saying that making it the 'Christian Party' is a loser.

Actually making it a Christian party may be a winner. It worked in Germany. Why would it not work in the US. "Christians believe x, y, z. Democrats attack these beliefs. Vote Republican".

It's really not hard to put two and two together. If Democrats attack Christian beliefs, then Republicans should support them.

what do you do when you're not busy honing your stupidity?

stamps?

Actually making it a Christian party may be a winner. It worked in Germany. Why would it not work in the US.

Because the Christian Democrat party is not really Christian. Most Germans would not be supportive of what evangelicals believe in America.

Evangelicals don't consider themselves the only Christians, so how can you claim Germans aren't Christian because they disagree with Evangelicals?

god damn america

--obama's preacher of 20 years....

Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person

-- obama's preacher of 20 years....

"rev" wright influenced obama so much that "rev" wright inspired one of obama's propaganda books....

You do realize women are marginalized more even today, look what happens any time we call someone out on sexual harassment ...

Reality is: everyone is marginalized or oppressed by someone, this won't change. As long as the laws do not do this then we are all equal.

what does that have to with marginalization of women? are you aware of the case of an oil rig worker who, being a newbie, had the guys "initiate" him and one or more of the guys slapped in the head with their dicks....the guy was ridiculed for bringing a sexual harassment suit...he won btw.

it has nothing to do with the sex of the person bringing the suit, rather, the veracity of such suits as such suits have been brought so many times and seemingly more often that not, the suit is frivolous. and in the guys case above, why do you think he was ridiculed?

god damn america

--obama's preacher of 20 years....

Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person

-- obama's preacher of 20 years....

"rev" wright influenced obama so much that "rev" wright inspired one of obama's propaganda books....

You do realize women are marginalized more even today, look what happens any time we call someone out on sexual harassment ...

Reality is: everyone is marginalized or oppressed by someone, this won't change. As long as the laws do not do this then we are all equal.

what does that have to with marginalization of women? are you aware of the case of an oil rig worker who, being a newbie, had the guys "initiate" him and one or more of the guys slapped in the head with their dicks....the guy was ridiculed for bringing a sexual harassment suit...he won btw.

it has nothing to do with the sex of the person bringing the suit, rather, the veracity of such suits as such suits have been brought so many times and seemingly more often that not, the suit is frivolous. and in the guys case above, why do you think he was ridiculed?

The difference: It happens more with women yet women still make up less of the workforce. Not talking about the frivolous ones either..

The difference: It happens more with women yet women still make up less of the workforce. Not talking about the frivolous ones either..

how does that marginalize women? because they lose a lawsuit? i don't understand where you are coming from....

Actually making it a Christian party may be a winner. It worked in Germany. Why would it not work in the US.

Because the Christian Democrat party is not really Christian. Most Germans would not be supportive of what evangelicals believe in America.

Does anyone realize how much is wrong with this argument?

It supposes that if Germans don't agree with Christianity they cannot agree with the Christian Democrats, therefore Americans cannot agree with Christian Conservatives. But the Germans do agree with Christian Democrats!

It makes the false argument that Germans are less Christian because they would not agree with Evangelicals, if they're Christians they are equally Christian, you either are or aren't.

Things like that, so full of logic errors.

how does that marginalize women? because they lose a lawsuit? i don't understand where you are coming from....

It doesn't, it's a fact used to demonstrate the other. If women were not marginalized then there would not be nearly as many valid cases because women are still the minority in the work force, though not by laws just because that's how it is. My point was that you were thinking that there is only one "victim" while ignoring all the others.

Hello Conservatives! Be you Evangelicals, main stream Prots, Catholic, or fallen away of any. Also welcome agnostics, atheists, and Wiccans. Whoops nearly forgot Jews and Muslims-if you are conservative, welcome. Buddhists and others, the tent is here.

That should be the message. I happen to be pro-life, however that does not determine my vote alone. I'll work for the overturn of Roe, but it's very unlikely to happen. I recognize that. I'm unwilling to throw away all my other principles over that. If that is where the 'right' is taking the GOP, I'm out. So are most. That party WILL DIE. Same with Gay stuff. I don't have the problem with that that I personally do with abortion. I don't thing the government should recognize marriage, but I give two hoots regarding civil unions. More to the point, thing those people should be able to call for their property, wills, health choices to go to the one they wish. I thought the blocks were wrong when I was in high school, still do today, 30 years later.

You can't get out because the Marxists are taking over the Democrat Party and you hate them more. You are stuck with us hahaha.

It doesn't, it's a fact used to demonstrate the other. If women were not marginalized then there would not be nearly as many valid cases because women are still the minority in the work force, though not by laws just because that's how it is. My point was that you were thinking that there is only one "victim" while ignoring all the others.

i have no clue what you are talking about. what "one" victim? i don't get it, you admit it does not marginalize women, yet, apparently whatever it is you think i said is about marginalizing women.

if it is true that women are a minority in the workplace, that fact alone has zero to do with marginalizing women. women just might choose to stay home and not work. unless you can show some overt actions that force women out of the workplace, your point is arbitrary and lacks foundation.

It supposes that if Germans don't agree with Christianity they cannot agree with the Christian Democrats, therefore Americans cannot agree with Christian Conservatives. But the Germans do agree with Christian Democrats!

It makes the false argument that Germans are less Christian because they would not agree with Evangelicals, if they're Christians they are equally Christian, you either are or aren't.

Put it another way - teaching creationism or, ahem "Intelligent Design," is not an issue in Germany. The debate about whether or not to teach evolution is over. Abortion is legal right across the board in Germany. Gay marriage is legal in Germany. And the Christian Democrats aren't doing anything to reverse these laws and no longer oppose them. So, yeah, if that's what you mean by a Christian party, then I have no problems with it. However, most Christian Republicans do have problems with this kind of Christianity.

I am a Christian but there is no way I identify with the Religious Right in America and in many ways am appalled by it. I would support the Christian Democrats in Germany, as I would be supportive of most "conservative" political parties around the world. But I am very leery about supporting Christian Republicans in America.

Put it another way - teaching creationism or, ahem "Intelligent Design," is not an issue in Germany. The debate about whether or not to teach evolution is over. Abortion is legal right across the board in Germany. Gay marriage is legal in Germany. And the Christian Democrats aren't doing anything to reverse these laws and no longer oppose them. So, yeah, if that's what you mean by a Christian party, then I have no problems with it. However, most Christian Republicans do have problems with this kind of Christianity.

I am a Christian but there is no way I identify with the Religious Right in America and in many ways am appalled by it. I would support the Christian Democrats in Germany, as I would be supportive of most "conservative" political parties around the world. But I am very leery about supporting Christian Republicans in America.

Me neither. I'm not for a literal interpretation. I believe evolution is the best theory to date about how species developed over time. I don't believe in the current world speaking in 'tongues' is useful, thus God wouldn't facilitate such.

i have no clue what you are talking about. what "one" victim? i don't get it, you admit it does not marginalize women, yet, apparently whatever it is you think i said is about marginalizing women.

if it is true that women are a minority in the workplace, that fact alone has zero to do with marginalizing women. women just might choose to stay home and not work. unless you can show some overt actions that force women out of the workplace, your point is arbitrary and lacks foundation.

I misspoke, it was the quote you gave about Obama:

"Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person"

Also, no, the point was, with fewer women in the workforce then by logic if they were treated equally by their co-workers (not talking the laws which do treat them equally) then the number of legitimate cases would be much lower for sexual harassment towards women and higher toward men, however the case is reversed demonstrating that their male co-workers still do not see them as equals.

Steve Schmidt is full of crap.

It's the abandonment of God that has caused all failures in this and every other country.

Steve Schmidt is going to make the Republican Party pro gay and anti-Christian?

It's no wonder his candidate (McCain) lost by one of the largest margins in US history.

It's the abandonment of God that has caused all failures in this and every other country.

It's no wonder his candidate (McCain) lost by one of the largest margins in US history.

Really ...

Brittan actually started improving since they finally booted the church out of their government.

Japan is doing very well and was never christian by any stretch of the imagination.

The Middle East was never christian but in spite of being at war most of their existence they are still there.

As for McCain losing, he only lost because of his VP choice, which was largely because of her forcefulness with her christian values (whether she would have acted on them or not is beside the point), before that it was thought to be a close race.

None of your points seem based in reality, but nice try. Obama didn't win because of his christian values either, he won because he was popular and that was it.

Oh, would like to add, that if McCain does manage to accomplish this in the GOP there are a LOT of us non-christians (mostly pagans) who I know that would support them. We are disillusioned with the party we once supported (not all just quite a few) and since the Democrats do not seem to want to adapt to the modern world or learn economics, we are in the middle now. Independent with no viable contenders for presidency. Even in this last election many chose Obama as the "lesser of two evils" just because they feared Palin somehow getting into power, some of us just abstained completely (me being one).

Really ...

Brittan actually started improving since they finally booted the church out of their government.

Japan is doing very well and was never christian by any stretch of the imagination.

The Middle East was never christian but in spite of being at war most of their existence they are still there.

As for McCain losing, he only lost because of his VP choice, which was largely because of her forcefulness with her christian values (whether she would have acted on them or not is beside the point), before that it was thought to be a close race.

None of your points seem based in reality, but nice try. Obama didn't win because of his christian values either, he won because he was popular and that was it.

Britain is a third world country as we speak.

Japan adopted western society, whether they adopted Christianity or not is irrelevant, they adopted the secular society created by Christianity.

The Middle East was Christian once, long long ago, in a galaxy far far away.

Obana sure ain't very popular anymore.

Hello Conservatives! Be you Evangelicals, main stream Prots, Catholic, or fallen away of any. Also welcome agnostics, atheists, and Wiccans. Whoops nearly forgot Jews and Muslims-if you are conservative, welcome. Buddhists and others, the tent is here.

That should be the message. I happen to be pro-life, however that does not determine my vote alone. I'll work for the overturn of Roe, but it's very unlikely to happen. I recognize that. I'm unwilling to throw away all my other principles over that. If that is where the 'right' is taking the GOP, I'm out. So are most. That party WILL DIE. Same with Gay stuff. I don't have the problem with that that I personally do with abortion. I don't thing the government should recognize marriage, but I give two hoots regarding civil unions. More to the point, thing those people should be able to call for their property, wills, health choices to go to the one they wish. I thought the blocks were wrong when I was in high school, still do today, 30 years later.

Hey Annie... Explain to me the mechanics IF Roe v. Wade were overturned

WILL YOU PAY FOR:
- Prenatal care...frequent visits to an OBGYN
- Conception health... proper diet, vitamin intake, no alcohol, smoking or drug intake.
- Work leave or lost wages if the employer refuses payed leave
- Post natal care...frequent visits to a pediatrician

And that assumes there are no complications...
WILL YOU PAY FOR:
- LIFELONG care costs if the child is severely handicapped
- LIFELONG care costs if the mother is severely handicapped by the pregnancy
- Lost job of the mother... some employers just hand out pink slips

And what about the women that have abortions that are now illegal...
WILL YOU PAY FOR:
Arrest and prosecution of the mother
Incarceration costs of approx. $35,000 per year per woman

If it is deemed murder, will you pro LIFE-ers seek the DEATH penalty?

There aren't enough fundies for the Republican Party to win IF that's all their ENTIRE base.

The Reps LOST because Bush II screwed up and the former Rezgan bluecollar voters (the so called Reagan Democrats) are tired of getting screwed economically.

The Reps LOST because the economy has been failing that class who might otherwise have voted R because of other issues like race, guns and gays.

But the economy (when things are NOT going well) trumps ALL other issues, folks.

The Rs will probably revive their chances when/if the economy continues to go down for working folks.

I personally expect maybe one or two more rounds of Rs or Ds, and then a third party (proably ultra nationalist, maybe of a libertarian bent) will become more and more viable.

Of course as that become apparent, the same people who are now running the Rs and Ds will have insinuated enough tools in those third parties that they'll STILL be in charge.

Mark me words these people are nobody's fools.

They're master manipulators of public opinion and of organizational behavior.

From a social phycological standpoint these people are brilliant.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back