GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw derides House Freedom Caucus: 'Grifters' and 'performance artists'

so you like he wants to throw out the1st 2nd 4th and 5th amendments and have a vaccine data base??
I am not a fan of Crenshaw but please give us actual evidence of that... This is eating of their own...

He is right there is a bunch of grifter running the party...

Lets look at Devon Nunes:
"I used to spend ninety per cent of my constituent response time on people who call, e-mail, or send a letter, such as, ‘I really like this bill, H.R. 123,’ and they really believe in it because they heard about it through one of the groups that they belong to, but their view was based on actual legislation," Nunes said. "Ten per cent were about ‘Chemtrails from airplanes are poisoning me’ to every other conspiracy theory that’s out there. And that has essentially flipped on its head." The overwhelming majority of his constituent mail is now about the far-out ideas, and only a small portion is "based on something that is mostly true." He added, "It’s dramatically changed politics and politicians, and what they’re doing."

Nunes just said if you can't beat them join them... The Chemtrails people are in charge now...

I am not a fan of Crenshaw but please give us actual evidence of that... This is eating of their own...

He is right there is a bunch of grifter running the party...

Lets look at Devon Nunes:

Nunes just said if you can't beat them join them... The Chemtrails people are in charge now...
are you seriously telling me you dont know about his support of red flag laws that throw out the 1st 2nd 4th and 5th amendments and his voting for a vaccine data base??

if so I cant help you but google can,,

1638985183181.jpeg

Crenshaw needs to realize the people he is talking about are the future of the Republican party.

You're under the mistaken assumption that Trump's Republican Party actually has a future.

If Republicans continue to follow Trump into the midterms, there won't be Republican Party when he's done. In four short years, Trump lost the House, the White House, and then the Senate.

Trump is spending more time attacking "disloyal" Republicans than he is in coming up with a plan for the nation. No agenda, no plans, and no sane reasonable candidates = no future.

are you seriously telling me you dont know about his support of red flag laws that throw out the 1st 2nd 4th and 5th amendments and his voting for a vaccine data base??

So Crenshaw has a brain, and is in favour of sensible gun laws and vaccines?

My criticism is that he is guilty of the same kind of "performance politics" as those he criticizes, including his appearance on Saturday night live, and his Avengers' ad.

He's right. Carnival barker would be another good adjective. These people like Boebert, MTG, Cawthorn, Gosar, etc. make a big spectacle out of themselves, but manage to accomplish next to nothing because their personalities are so toxic nobody wants to work with them. In many ways they end up setting their agenda back.

Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, took aim at members of the House Freedom Caucus, calling the group "grifters" and "performance artists."

"Lie after lie after lie because they know something psychologically about the conservative heart: We’re worried about what people are going to do to us, what they’re going to infringe upon us — that’s the nature of conservatism," Crenshaw said during an appearance at an event hosted by the Texas Liberty Alliance PAC last week.

sorry, I didn't see your thread.

So Crenshaw has a brain, and is in favour of sensible gun laws and vaccines?

My criticism is that he is guilty of the same kind of "performance politics" as those he criticizes, including his appearance on Saturday night live, and his Avengers' ad.
I don't think he's for limiting what guns may be bought, and he was anti-mask. I assume he's good with vaccines.

From the link:

There's two types of Members of Congress: There's performance artists and legislators. The performance artists are the ones that get all the attention, the ones you think are more conservative because they know how to say slogans real well, they know how to recite the lines that they know our voters want to hear."

Rep Crenshaw is right, but forgot to
Include himself in the criticism…
All pols are media addicts. But his point was some stand by their voting record, and other's like the Freedom Caucus falsely portray what they supported.

I know that he supported Immunization Infrastructure Modernization Act of 2021 (H.R. 550), which allocates $400 million to states to update immunization information systems (IIS)...

Now go read the bill... Those databases are already in place... Public health is part of the Government duties enshrined in the constitution. To offer this service properly you need

I know that he supported Immunization Infrastructure Modernization Act of 2021 (H.R. 550), which allocates $400 million to states to update immunization information systems (IIS)...

Now go read the bill... Those databases are already in place... Public health is part of the Government duties enshrined in the constitution. To offer this service properly you need
thanks for the confirmation,,

how are they any different than AOC or Omar?

Omar spent an hour on the tarmac with President Biden outlining her position on Gaza and the Isreali's when Netanyahu was bombing the Palestinians, as Biden prepared to discuss this matter with the Isreali's. Additionally, she has:
  • 20 bills and amendments introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives
  • 12 bills and amendments passed in the U.S. House of Representatives
  • 371 bills cosponsored
  • 21,152 constituent letters answered
  • 16 roundtables and town halls
  • 879 meetings with constituents
  • 189 constituent cases worked on
  • $400,414 returned to constituents
Take a look at the "work" Bobert is doing and the bills she's co-sponsoring:

"1. H.R.6155 — 117th Congress (2021-2022)To prohibit United States contributions to the United Nations International Organization for Migration (IOM), the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), and the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), and for other purposes.

2. H.R.6099 — 117th Congress (2021-2022)To replace references to "fetus" in Federal law with references to "unborn child", and for other purposes.Sponsor: Rep. Lamborn, Doug [R-CO-5] (Introduced 12/01/2021) Cosponsors: (19)"

And then there's the Bobert Family Christmas Cards - Please send Ammo for Christmas as they all pose with their rifles and handguns. Beyond creepy. Nice way to celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace by arming yourself to the teeth. I guess they missed the part of the Bible where Jesus disarmed his followers to prevent them from attacking the soldiers who were coming to take him away.

These bills, and others, are just more Republican culture war bullshit. They're no helping the American people in any way. 80% of the people, want Roe vs. Wade upheld, including 13% of evangelicals. They want an end to weapons of war being sold to troubled high school kids. They're tired of 100 people dying every day to gun violence.

OAC stopped Amazon from destroying her constituents' neighbourhood in New York City with $9 billion in free infrastructure for the world's largest retailer. Her Green New Deal, which you mocked, is the basis for the green provisions of the Build Back Better Plan. Many of the ideas she had on her website 4 years ago are planks in the Democratic Party's platform today.

What's the difference between the Squad and the Q-Anon Caucus? The Squad is working on behalf of the people who elected them, to help their constituents.

The Q-Anon caucus is working on behalf of Donald Trump, become media superstars, and raise big money as a path to power in the Republican Party.

And the loons on this site love those grifters and they love being performed for

Forum List

Back