GOP: Millions For The Wealthy But We Can't Afford To Award $250 Social Security COLA

Is 80 cents a day worth $14B more in debt?

14 billion? What % is that compared to the 700 billion Republicans want to GIVE to the top 1%? Hmmm.

How are we giving someone money simply because we havent taken a knife to their throat and emptied their pockets?

I haven't taken any money from your pocket. Shouldnt you be grateful that im so generous in letting you keep your money? You aren't. I can't imagine why.

See: Generational Theft.

Yes, absolutely. You should be mighty pissed off at Reagan! :lol::lol:

Live in the NOW Gerbil Boy.

It all will begin to cease as the new House is seated.

You idiots are in trouble.

Oh yeah, right. Cause deficits didn't matter back then. Only when TEH EVUL DEMOCWATS are in office.

BTW, generational theft takes place over time. Tough to "Live in the NOW" under those circumstances.

Would it be safe to say you're a Clinton fan then?

See: Generational Theft.

ALL working Americans are in trouble. The seniors citizens that have worked their whole lives and are the most vulnerable are just taking the first blow.

As long as the GOP keeps this up the Dems will have no problems in 2012.

"House and Senate Republicans on Wednesday thwarted Democratic efforts to award $250 checks to Social Security recipients facing a second consecutive year without a cost-of-living increase."

GOP blocks legislation to award seniors $250 - Yahoo! News

The rich aren't gaining a thing. They're just being prevented from having to lay you off.

This is yet again another stupid costly idea that has warm fuzzy feelings attached to it.

Let's not forget that if somebody hadn't frozen their COLA this insignificant $250 wouldn't have been needed in the first place.

The Dems taketh away and then givith back in smaller portions....and accuseth the GOP of trying to stopeth them.....sowing the seeds of yet another wedegeth-issue.
Hey, skin flute-

PAYROLL IS NOT TAXED!

Good gawd... What will it take for that to sink in? A business owner's personal tax rate is completely, utterly, wholly unrelated to the the business's payroll budget.

Get over it, the jackals are LYING to you!
:bang3:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

The rich aren't gaining a thing. They're just being prevented from having to lay you off.

This is yet again another stupid costly idea that has warm fuzzy feelings attached to it.

Let's not forget that if somebody hadn't frozen their COLA this insignificant $250 wouldn't have been needed in the first place.

The Dems taketh away and then givith back in smaller portions....and accuseth the GOP of trying to stopeth them.....sowing the seeds of yet another wedegeth-issue.
Hey, skin flute-

PAYROLL IS NOT TAXED!

Good gawd... What will it take for that to sink in? A business owner's personal tax rate is completely, utterly, wholly unrelated to the the business's payroll budget.

Nah, what would I know about payroll and taxation faced by a business owner? I've only been one for 6 years. :cuckoo:

"House and Senate Republicans on Wednesday thwarted Democratic efforts to award $250 checks to Social Security recipients facing a second consecutive year without a cost-of-living increase."

the index didn't go up, why do you want to try and bribe people?

Did you not read the linked article or is there a comprehension issue?

where in the article does it say the cola formula says we need an increase? If that were the case their checks per month would go up by that %, they would not get a one time check...

Democrats control the ENTIRE government....ALL OF IT....and SS gets no COLA for 2 years running....and now you want to blame Republicans?

Shove your 250 dollar check.

I was a member of the IBEW for 36 years and never became a pinhead...how did you get to be a koolade bonehead and I didn't ?
You must have been a steward or union officer of some sort that didn't work at a real job but just got paid for 40 hours of union work all your life...

Last edited:
I am beginning to just hate the Republican leadership. They are absolutely disgraceful. They only care about the rich, and it is so obvious, it takes an idiot not to see it. Where in God's name did they get this bunch??

Liar. When have you ever had a good word for the Republican leadership? It would not matter what they did, you would hate them anyway.
I don't hate the Democratic leadership. I merely think they are all incompetent turds who need to be voted out of office.

Hey, skin flute-

PAYROLL IS NOT TAXED!

Nah, what would I know about payroll and taxation faced by a business owner? I've only been one for 6 years. :cuckoo:

Lemonade stands don't count.

ALL working Americans are in trouble. The seniors citizens that have worked their whole lives and are the most vulnerable are just taking the first blow.

yea, your right, that medicare part D getting whacked will hurt them...:lol:

Is 80 cents a day worth $14B more in debt?

14 billion? What % is that compared to the 700 billion Republicans want to GIVE to the top 1%? Hmmm.

How are we giving someone money simply because we havent taken a knife to their throat and emptied their pockets?

I haven't taken any money from your pocket. Shouldnt you be grateful that im so generous in letting you keep your money? You aren't. I can't imagine why.

How bout a gun??

Attachments

• $1asocial.jpg
    $1asocial.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 67

Whoa-ho! You're HILARIOUS! That deserves a...
ba_dum_tshh_1212631727838.jpg

Hey, you can always resort to hyperbole and insults when you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. No wonder you resort to hyperbole and insults so often. Dumbass.

Democrats control the ENTIRE government....ALL OF IT....and SS gets no COLA for 2 years running....and now you want to blame Republicans?

Shove your 250 dollar check.

I was a member of the IBEW for 36 years and never became a pinhead...how did you get to be a koolade bonehead and I didn't ?
You must have been a steward or union officer of some sort that didn't work at a real job but just got paid for 40 hours of union work all your life...

First of all please explain how the Dems control the Judicial Branch? :confused:

Second.....You don't know much about how Congress works, do you?

I'm just guessing you must have been asleep for the past 36 years.....or blind.

You must have been a steward or union officer of some sort that didn't work at a real job but just got paid for 40 hours of union work all your life

I am a Steward but I still put my 40-70 hours per week on my job. But based on your comments above the fact that you're clueless doesn't surprise me. You don't even have a clue on how your own government works.....

payroll comes out before the profits in a business
but that doesnt say that the business will not factor in the amount of the taxes in the way it decides to operate in the future

yea, your right, that medicare part D getting whacked will hurt them...:lol:

Now that you trumpeted the myth maybe you would like to see some facts....

Senior Health Reform Myths

but that doesnt say that the business will not factor in the amount of the taxes in the way it decides to operate in the future

But with the absolutely massive executive payrolls that have become the norm these days, what makes you think that another tax cut would suddenly make companies hire? Why would they not just pocket more for themselves, as they've been doing for many years? What makes you think they would hire people they don't need, just because there's a little extra money laying around? They haven't done it yet. Why now?

But with the absolutely massive executive payrolls that have become the norm these days, what makes you think that another tax cut would suddenly make companies hire? Why would they not just pocket more for themselves, as they've been doing for many years? What makes you think they would hire people they don't need, just because there's a little extra money laying around? They haven't done it yet. Why now?
this is more targeted at the small business
ya know, the people that generally hire most people in this country

this is more targeted at the small business
ya know, the people that generally hire most people in this country

Define "this."
I was referring to taxes on wages above $250k.

Forum List

Back