GOP loss: NFL drafts openly gay player, who kisses his partner on ESPN; Public is ok

My what a serious asshole you are bucs90 to actually have the balls to put up such a thread. :lol:

I love it when "liberals" make such blanket assumptions. You showed true colors here bucs90.

Bigot. You are a bigot.

Sure this makes sense....if your on heavy drugs

My what a serious asshole you are bucs90 to actually have the balls to put up such a thread. :lol:

I love it when "liberals" make such blanket assumptions. You showed true colors here bucs90.

Bigot. You are a bigot.

Sure this makes sense....if your on heavy drugs

It's the problem with Republicans, isn't it? They have no ability to recognize that groups of people are diverse and aren't all alike. Stupid Republicans, they're all the same...

I'm not getting this at all. Apparently the dude is awesome on the field. I come from ticats Hamilton and yes I know my football.

I am commenting on the position that he will be targeted on the field

Anyone who targets him will pay the price. Each play is analyzed and cheap shots will be lead stories on ESPN

I don't know if Sam will make it. The analysis I saw was ....too slow, to small and too weak

But he is a groundbreaker in saying....Yes, I am gay, deal with it

He will make it easier for gays in the future

Just a point here... You think an opposing player will want to hit on Sam??

More importantly how many gays are into sports, specifically the NFL?
First there are At least 5 percent of American men, I estimate, are predominantly attracted to men,
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/08/opinion/sunday/how-many-american-men-are-gay.html?_r=0

That means of the 146,885,000 men in the United States in 2008 less then 8 million are gay.. leaving 138 million non-gay.
How many many watch NFL ?
Adweek/ Harris Poll the name is accurate as almost two thirds of U.S. adults say they currently watch NFL football (64%),
including almost three quarters of men (73%) and over half of women (55%).
2/3 of 310 million is 207 million of which 73% or 140 million are males.

So what do you think will happen if 140 million males 95% non-gay decide.. hmmm... I'll just find something else to watch???

Why would they care what a player does in his personal life?

I watch football because I want to see my beloved Giants win. I really don't care about the players personal lives.

My children won't be watching ESPN anymore

as for this so so football player, why the hell are we suppose to care? can someone give us a clue? like the brilliant oh so Tolerant know it all, OP:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The GOP lost yet another small battle today.

The National Football League....the beacon of macho manliness in America, had it's collegiate player draft today.

And former University of Missouri defensive end Michael Sam, SEC defensive player of the year, was drafted in the 7th round by the St Louis Rams. He is considered a "tweener", too slow to play LB, too small for DE, but very talented, so he's getting his shot.

ESPN showed him at his home with his partner, a white man. So, basically, a gay interracial couple, kissing on national TV on ESPN, after Sam was drafted into the manliest of sports, the NFL.

And what happened? Nothing. The public is fine with it. His future St Louis teammates welcomed him and basically said lets get to work and win some ball games. ESPN analysts spoke of the significance of the moment...and them spoke of how Sam will fit in with the Ram's scheme and their incredibly talented defense.

The public is just fine with it. So are his teammates.

Only the GOP seems to have a problem with gay people. And society will remember it.

Are you going to scream about homophobia when the Rams cut him before the beginning of the season? Will you see that as a victory for the GOP?

Seriously dude, grow the fuck up. The guy is a mediocre player that got drafted in the 7th round, that gives him about an 8% chance of making the team if he is really good at football. Unfortunately, the only thing he can really do is rush the passer from the edge. The only way the Rams will keep him is if they have enough roster room to keep a third down rusher, and he proves that he is that guy. Considering that he is actually on the slow side, I don't think he is.

I am commenting on the position that he will be targeted on the field

Anyone who targets him will pay the price. Each play is analyzed and cheap shots will be lead stories on ESPN

I don't know if Sam will make it. The analysis I saw was ....too slow, to small and too weak

But he is a groundbreaker in saying....Yes, I am gay, deal with it

He will make it easier for gays in the future

Just a point here... You think an opposing player will want to hit on Sam??

More importantly how many gays are into sports, specifically the NFL?
First there are At least 5 percent of American men, I estimate, are predominantly attracted to men,
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/08/opinion/sunday/how-many-american-men-are-gay.html?_r=0

That means of the 146,885,000 men in the United States in 2008 less then 8 million are gay.. leaving 138 million non-gay.
How many many watch NFL ?
Adweek/ Harris Poll the name is accurate as almost two thirds of U.S. adults say they currently watch NFL football (64%),
including almost three quarters of men (73%) and over half of women (55%).
2/3 of 310 million is 207 million of which 73% or 140 million are males.

So what do you think will happen if 140 million males 95% non-gay decide.. hmmm... I'll just find something else to watch???

Why would they care what a player does in his personal life?

I watch football because I want to see my beloved Giants win. I really don't care about the players personal lives.

Ha! If you don't care, why are you making this into a big issue?

only the gop....lmao....you're such a fucking tool

see prop 8 in CA to know that there are dems who have a problem with gay people

you ignorant fool

lol...See?

The guy will end up being a target on the field. Lots of testosterone on a NFL team, he better play smart and keep his mouth shut. How long before he plays the fag card? If he gets cut, this is all we will hear about, not if he was good enough to play for the NFL, but that the faggot got cut because of homophobia.

No, he won't. As much as you want it to happen.

My guess: he's cut before opening day. Michael Sam is not an NFL-caliber player. (Which is why he was drafted ~250th!)

Getting down to the business of football, I agree.
Sam's performance in teh Combine left a lot ot be desired.
If anything, Sam is a "project"...If he makes it as an NFL player so be it. He could end up on a practice squad which will at least keep him getting paid.

Do you mean like Tom Brady, who was a 6th round pick; or Shannon Sharpe, a seventh round pick; or Richard Dent, an 8th round pick?

Nah...none of them ever managed to do anything in the NFL.

And...Michael Sam was named the AP's SEC Defensive Player of the Year in 2013 and received the Arthur Ashe Courage Award.

He was, prior to coming out, a sure 3-5th round draft projectee, so his actions certainly diminished his draft status. But that's moot now, isn't it?

Whether he makes it or not, he's made history as the first openly gay man in the NFL.

Just like Kenny Washington (who signed a contract with - coincidentally - the Rams) to become the first black football player in the league and George Taliaferro, who was the first man drafted by the NFL in 1949.

as for this so so football player, why the hell are we suppose to care? can someone give us a clue? like the brilliant oh so Tolerant know it all, OP:rolleyes:

Anyone else see what she just did here? Takes a special kind of stupid to it in one post.

you ignorant fool

lol...See?

The guy will end up being a target on the field. Lots of testosterone on a NFL team, he better play smart and keep his mouth shut. How long before he plays the fag card? If he gets cut, this is all we will hear about, not if he was good enough to play for the NFL, but that the faggot got cut because of homophobia.

My guess: he's cut before opening day. Michael Sam is not an NFL-caliber player. (Which is why he was drafted ~250th!)

If anything, Sam is a "project"...If he makes it as an NFL player so be it. He could end up on a practice squad which will at least keep him getting paid.

Do you mean like Tom Brady, who was a 6th round pick; or Shannon Sharpe, a seventh round pick; or Richard Dent, an 8th round pick?

And...Michael Sam was named the AP's SEC Defensive Player of the Year in 2013 and received the Arthur Ashe Courage Award.

He was, prior to coming out, a sure 3-5th round draft projectee, so his actions certainly diminished his draft status. But that's moot now, isn't it?

Whether he makes it or not, he's made history as the first openly gay man in the NFL.

Just like Kenny Washington (who signed a contract with - coincidentally - the Rams) to become the first black football player in the league and George Taliaferro, who was the first man drafted by the NFL in 1949.
Hall of Famers:
George Blanda who went in 12th round
Roger Stauback went in the 10th round

Not at all. Just commenting on NFL history.

The NFL is now predominantly black. It was not always that way. Like most sports, the NFL struggled to integrate. The first black players were targeted for punishment. Ask Jim Brown.
They survived. If Sam is tough enough, he will survive
Unlike Jim Brown, we have instant replays and 24 hour sports networks. If people are taking cheap shots on Sam, they will be called on it

The GOP is part of this how?

You just drafted the straw man, and now you cut him from the team? That was quick.

I'm sorry....but I fail to see where I mentioned the GOP at all

But if you ask my opinion, I think the GOP is rooting for Sam to fail. They like their gays to be silent and behind the scenes

Another dumb shit, intolerant, bigoted, uninformed post from the wingnutter.

Did you hear the story about the preacher's daughter who turned out to be the biggest whore in town, Staph?

Anyone who shields their children from the realities of life is an idiot. That's why bigotry is bred by ignorance.

Um you realize there a ton of gays playing in the NFL right?

you ignorant fool

lol...See?

Sorry but it isn't even close, a black man breaking into the NFL was much tougher than Sam. To compare the two isn't even comparable.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

you ignorant fool

lol...See?

What did he do in 2012?

you ignorant fool

lol...See?

Hall of Famers:

Why does everyone think that pointing to the exceptions is going to make this guy a standout?

Um you realize there a ton of gays playing in the NFL right?

A ton by weight? Given the average weight of an NFL player that would mean there are 8 homosexuals playing in the NFL.

you ignorant fool

lol...See?

Hall of Famers:

Staubach was selected in the tenth because he had to finish his Navy career and wouldn't be able to actually join the team for five years at age 27. It was a risk.

I guess the GOP is going to have to find a way to get along without their gay black football player. Maybe they could draft another one, gotta be more out there.

Forum List

Back