GOP lawmaker wants $1,400 payment reserved for people who get COVID-19 vaccine

At this stage of the game, I am kind of surprised Social Security cards have not changed to a CAC card arrangement with a chip. The number of Government IDs I have, especially at my age and in retirement has gotten ridiculous and basically one does not authorize or validate current information of the others. Just ruminating, not advocating for a national ID card, so please do not come to my house and attempt to shoot me or my dog or my porch light.

We're getting closer to that point. One of the things in Biden's platform was for all gun owners to have a federal ID. He hasn't talked about it yet but he just got there. I'm sure we will hear about it within his first year.
If you have a carry permit, you have been checked not only by your state but DHS as National Agency check and are carrying a card for that in my state, separate from my driver's which in my cases in the new "real ID" that is wanted when I fly. If stopped for a traffic stop, I automatically give DL, CCP and Military ID for good measure.

If you have a carry permit, you have been checked not only by your state but DHS as National Agency check and are carrying a card for that in my state, separate from my driver's which in my cases in the new "real ID" that is wanted when I fly. If stopped for a traffic stop, I automatically give DL, CCP and Military ID for good measure.

Of course I have a CCW. I also have a CDL which has the federal government check you out, and I used to have a TSA certification so I could make deliveries to the airport. We had to be registered, take a class, and have a retraining class every year. I've been checked out by the government inside and out.

Carrying a card from the CDC stating the dates of the doses (and dose #) and the innoculating physician signatures that fits in a wallet is a lot of work?

Good point. Then you can make an appointment with the IRS, go there and show them your card, and then they'll print out a check for you. That certainly makes a lot of sense. :eusa_shhh:
At this stage of the game, I am kind of surprised Social Security cards have not changed to a CAC card arrangement with a chip. The number of Government IDs I have, especially at my age and in retirement has gotten ridiculous and basically one does not authorize or validate current information of the others. Just ruminating, not advocating for a national ID card, so please do not come to my house and attempt to shoot me or my dog or my porch light.

I just have a Government issued PIV badge which already has an RFID chip.
Never had a Government PIV Badge. I assume that operates doors or access points, gates, etc. RFID is good for that sort of thing. Would not want it on DL or Carry Permit, or SS card.

Hmmm....

I don't remember a single one of you blaming Trump when gas moved from 2.14 to 2.72 between 2016 and 2018.

Maybe you're just another cheeto-sucker without the foggiest notion of what to think without your daily dose of OANN and NEWSMAX

That was due to economic activity. Under Trump we had the best economy in 50 years. Without fracking, our gasoline would have been over $4.50 a gallon. Today we have over 10 million Americans not working giving us 6.7% unemployment rate and dozens of businesses closing down by the day. If you are going to blame or credit somebody for something, you have to show what they said or did to cause such a reaction.

Carrying a card from the CDC stating the dates of the doses (and dose #) and the innoculating physician signatures that fits in a wallet is a lot of work?

Good point. Then you can make an appointment with the IRS, go there and show them your card, and then they'll print out a check for you. That certainly makes a lot of sense. :eusa_shhh:

I just have a Government issued PIV badge which already has an RFID chip.
Never had a Government PIV Badge. I assume that operates doors or access points, gates, etc. RFID is good for that sort of thing. Would not want it on DL or Carry Permit, or SS card.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. And I agree PII (Personally Identifiable info) credentials should not require it.

Hmmm....

I don't remember a single one of you blaming Trump when gas moved from 2.14 to 2.72 between 2016 and 2018.

Maybe you're just another cheeto-sucker without the foggiest notion of what to think without your daily dose of OANN and NEWSMAX

That was due to economic activity. Under Trump we had the best economy in 50 years. Without fracking, our gasoline would have been over $4.50 a gallon. Today we have over 10 million Americans not working giving us 6.7% unemployment rate and dozens of businesses closing down by the day. If you are going to blame or credit somebody for something, you have to show what they said or did to cause such a reaction.
Well we've got upward economic activity. Checked the markets lately? They're lovin Joe!

Well we've got upward economic activity. Checked the markets lately? They're lovin Joe!

It's due to vaccinations which is now over 17 million, with the CDC reporting that 41 million doses have already been distributed. Plus we will be giving a million a day or more from now on. The market is not the economy. It's the expectation of the economy. When Joe goes into full swing, it's going to have devastating results.

If anyone deserves a bonus, it is all those who got covid-19 and now are immune.
It is they who make everyone else safer.
The vaccine really is an unknown, and could cause further problems down the line.
For example, the vaccine could increase auto immune epidemics, like allergies, Lupus, arthritis, etc.

That's one of the first things I checked out. I'm fortunate enough to have a family member who's a research doctor and ran a medical lab. She's lived all over the world from a suitcase, met past Presidents, and even worked with Dr. Fauci. The reason I contacted her was because I'm up for a vaccination if I desire. I wanted to get her input on it since she's worked with this kind of stuff all her life.

She assured me none of your concerns were possible. She said the day she's able to get the vaccine is the day she's going to get her shot, and advised me to do the same. I asked her if it would interfere with any antidotes if a new kind of virus came out, and she said it wouldn't, and it's completely safe outside of potential side effects, most of which are not serious.

I got my shot last Saturday and the only repercussion I had was a sore arm. Its one of the two shot variety and I get my second shot on 02/20.

Was quite a line and we were all in cars. They had it set up so you just stayed in your car, followed directions and eventually made it to those giving the shots which you got in your vehicle. Took about an hour but it was well set up.

It's due to vaccinations which is now over 17 million, with the CDC reporting that 41 million doses have already been distributed. Plus we will be giving a million a day or more from now on. The market is not the economy. It's the expectation of the economy. When Joe goes into full swing, it's going to have devastating results.

I agree. Once his shit hits the markets it will be down hill. Hell on day one he kicked every tax payer in the country in the teeth. He didn't even know what he was signing when he signed all those EO's. He's already told Border Patrol who they can or can't arrest. He stopped construction on the wall though its funded so we will have thousands more illegals in the country which we will pay for. He stopped construction on the Keystone pipeline which will put thousands out of work. Mans a jack ass and has proved it in his first few days in Office. He sure ain't no Trump.

I agree. Once his shit hits the markets it will be down hill. Hell on day one he kicked every tax payer in the country in the teeth. He didn't even know what he was signing when he signed all those EO's. He's already told Border Patrol who they can or can't arrest. He stopped construction on the wall though its funded so we will have thousands more illegals in the country which we will pay for. He stopped construction on the Keystone pipeline which will put thousands out of work. Mans a jack ass and has proved it in his first few days in Office. He sure ain't no Trump.

Plus the wall and Keystone already have signed contracts from the previous administration, so now we taxpayers will be spending millions for court battles because of this joker.

I got my shot last Saturday and the only repercussion I had was a sore arm. Its one of the two shot variety and I get my second shot on 02/20.

Was quite a line and we were all in cars. They had it set up so you just stayed in your car, followed directions and eventually made it to those giving the shots which you got in your vehicle. Took about an hour but it was well set up.

It's trial and error just like any other new thing we get involved with. I'm calling to make my appointment today. I'm sick of living like this. I predict by June we will be seeing amazing results. I also predict that the MSM will be giving Biden all the credit even though he didn't do shit.

It's trial and error just like any other new thing we get involved with. I'm calling to make my appointment today. I'm sick of living like this. I predict by June we will be seeing amazing results. I also predict that the MSM will be giving Biden all the credit even though he didn't do shit.
He is currently fixing all of Dumps fuckups. For that he should get credit.

Oh and what fuck ups would those be??

Lower costs for medicine??

Getting we tax payers out of that hoax Paris Accord?? Let someone find a way to harness the Sun and the Moon then you will have a way to control climate change.

Saving tax payer money by getting rid of WHO?? A WHO, who lied its ass off for the Chinese and didn't do anything to lock China down??

Building the wall so that thousands of illegals can't flood in so we can pay billions for them??

Shutting down the Keystone pipeline that would have made gas less expensive??

Taking on China for its unfair trading practices??

Getting rid of the Iran deal where the only winner was Iran?? Giving them back the billions that we had frozen so they could continue to fund every terrorist organization out there and continue for their quest for a nuke. That's on Barry and Kerry not Trump.

So tell us what Trump did that was a fuck up.

He's fixing shit, huh? Well so far in the process of fixing shit, he's managed to piss off our northern neighbors by stopping the keystone, eliminating over 1,000 jobs with future potential of 60,000 new jobs, pissed off the unions, pissed off parents who have daughters in school that are involved in athletics, pissed off the American Indians, and since the election, gasoline and oil have gone up in price. The only people that are happy are commodity traders who are buying long contracts and ready to make a bundle on this misfits actions.

In the near future he's going to piss off all small business owners with his idiotic national minimum wage of $15.00 an hour, which will cause businesses that are holding on to a thread today to completely close down. In the future, new startup businesses will decrease as well because of it. It will cause inflation, companies moving out of the country, more investments in automation to replace human workers. Yeah, he's fixing shit.

We didn't have any of these problems with Trump's fuckups. So if what Trump did was fuckups, you better pray he comes back in 24 to fuck things up again.

Last edited:

"The market is not the economy?"

Why my little learner that is the very CORE of Trumponomics. Only the stock market matters. Unemployment at 10%? The dows was up biggly! 4k people died to to Trump incompetence? The markets were up YUGE!

You've taken the first steps back to reality.

Now be sure to give Joe credit when unemployment goes down, wages go up, and Trump goes to a federal lockup.

Last time I heard this stupid bullshit was when Obama took office.

He proceeded to reduce unemployment by 60% and increase the stock markets by 300% while getting us out of Iraq and killing bin Laden.

So, I'll take that bet.

Last time I heard this stupid bullshit was when Obama took office.

He proceeded to reduce unemployment by 60% and increase the stock markets by 300% while getting us out of Iraq and killing bin Laden.

So, I'll take that bet.

DumBama didn't do shit. He was the most anti-business President in our lifetime.

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Now that he’s assumed office, President Joe Biden is expected to get his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan passed as quickly as possible. The measure includes a $1,400 stimulus checks for most Americans.

With Democrats in control of both the presidency and Congress, the overall plan has a good chance of passage. However, one Republican congressman is throwing up a roadblock of sorts.

Rep. Steve Stivers, a Republican from Ohio, suggested checks go to people who’ve received the coronavirus vaccine.

“I hope the administration will look at that option because we actually buy something with our $1,400 — and that’s herd immunity,” Stivers said in an interview with Yahoo Finance.

He suggested the quickest way to get the economy going is to get people vaccinated and back to work or school.

“I’d be willing to accept a $1,400 stimulus check if people are willing to take the vaccine,” Stivers added.

While that suggestion is not likely to move forward, Biden’s plan isn’t moving as quickly as some hoped. The checks are part of a complex and layered plan that includes increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour, expanding paid leave for workers and increasing tax credits for families with children.

So far, the Biden White House has declined to provide a timeline for getting its proposed relief package through, saying that officials are beginning to schedule meetings with lawmakers to discuss the proposal.

Who elects jokers like this? I'm a diehard conservative, but when one of my own acts out, I'll call them on it.

First off, how would people be able to prove they got the vaccine? Secondly, what kind of administration costs would be involved? Right now, if they decide to send everybody a stimulus check, it's as simple as hitting a few buttons on their keyboard I'm sure. To go through each American one by one to double check they got the vaccine would take many months if not over a year. Then there's the fact that there isn't enough vaccine to go around to everybody just yet. That too may take a couple of months.

It will never be a requirement, but how stupid do you have to be to even think of something like this?
Since he is admitting that we now can target the money let's target the money to people who actually had fiscal losses! Oh wait that shit wouldn't have bought Georgia

Why my little learner that is the very CORE of Trumponomics. Only the stock market matters. Unemployment at 10%? The dows was up biggly! 4k people died to to Trump incompetence? The markets were up YUGE!

Now be sure to give Joe credit when unemployment goes down, wages go up, and Trump goes to a federal lockup.

The market went up because investors predicted the economy would improve even more, and it did under Trump. Businesses knew they had a friend in the White House and they invested in their industries thus expanding them and creating more jobs. Before the Biden buddies in China sent us their virus, we had over a million more jobs in this country than Americans who could do them.

The only thing that saved the market under DumBama is the feds pumping trillions of dollars into it. In spite of that, he had the slowest recovery since WWII.

None of what you say will come true if dementia Joe carries out his promises. Fuel will double in price or more, his national minimum wage of $15.000 an hour will cause more companies to move out of the country. The illegals he's letting in will be taking whatever leftover jobs we have. After he hits investors with an increased capital gains tax, they are going to be shy about putting money in the market or any other investment. When he increases taxes on our job producers, they are going to quit creating jobs.

Look at how many people he's pissed off so far, and he hasn't been in office an entire week yet. What you seen last week is only the beginning. It's going to get much, much worse.

The market went up because investors predicted the economy would improve even more, and it did under Trump. Businesses knew they had a friend in the White House and they invested in their industries thus expanding them and creating more jobs. Before the Biden buddies in China sent us their virus, we had over a million more jobs in this country than Americans who could do them.

The only thing that saved the market under DumBama is the feds pumping trillions of dollars into it. In spite of that, he had the slowest recovery since WWII.

None of what you say will come true if dementia Joe carries out his promises. Fuel will double in price or more, his national minimum wage of $15.000 an hour will cause more companies to move out of the country. The illegals he's letting in will be taking whatever leftover jobs we have. After he hits investors with an increased capital gains tax, they are going to be shy about putting money in the market or any other investment. When he increases taxes on our job producers, they are going to quit creating jobs.

Look at how many people he's pissed off so far, and he hasn't been in office an entire week yet. What you seen last week is only the beginning. It's going to get much, much worse.

" The only thing that saved the market under DumBama is the feds pumping trillions of dollars into it. In spite of that, he had the slowest recovery since WWII. "

Trump dumped 3T into the markets.

Most of the increase in stock prices during Trump's misbegotten tenure were due to stock buybacks funded by Trump's tax cut and that "stimulus" that dumped 2T on big corporations.

Tax cuts and stimulus money that was supposed to go to hiring and increasing income NEVER HAPPENED. Instead most of that monweey went right into the accounts of the wealthiest 0.1%

So take you hypocrisy and your ignorance of this particular topic and just be silent.
You will look much less stupid.
If it is possible.

Forum List

Back