GOP House refuses to call Michigan Governor

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Rep. Cummings Blasts Oversight Chair For Refusing To Call Gov. Snyder To Testify At Flint Hearing

The GOP is desperately trying to protect their own. ALWAYS, Party over Country! The people that live in Flint are in desperate straights and the GOP is playing political games with them. Austerity has now damned thousands of kids to illness and suffering, not only for this generation, but for generations to come.

Lead poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lead has no known physiologically relevant role in the body,[36][70] and its harmful effects are myriad. Lead and other heavy metals create reactive radicals which damage cell structures including DNA and cell membranes.[125] Lead also interferes with DNA transcription, enzymes that help in the synthesis of vitamin D, and enzymes that maintain the integrity of the cell membrane.[18] Anemia may result when the cell membranes of red blood cells become more fragile as the result of damage to their membranes.[126] Lead interferes with metabolism of bones and teeth[127] and alters the permeability of blood vessels and collagen synthesis.[23] Lead may also be harmful to the developing immune system, causing production of excessive inflammatory proteins; this mechanism may mean that lead exposure is a risk factor for asthma in children.[127] Lead exposure has also been associated with a decrease in activity of immune cells such as polymorphonuclear leukocytes.[127] Lead also interferes with the normal metabolism of calcium in cells and causes it to build up within them.[84]

Hey, just another poor, mostly black, community that the Republican Party has ignored.

This topic has been posted several times already. The Flint water debacle is being resolved. If it'll help your sense of outrage though, here goes. Gov. Synder is a poopoo head!

This topic has been posted several times already. The Flint water debacle is being resolved. If it'll help your sense of outrage though, here goes. Gov. Synder is a poopoo head!

I suppose that is funny. It may not be funny to the poor people in Flint that are forced to bathe in bottled water.

I suppose that is funny. It may not be funny to the poor people in Flint that are forced to bathe in bottled water.
I live in Michigan. Flint is the pits and has been for a very long time. You blame the republican governor rather than find out what really happened and is happening . I only wish your blatant partisan ignorance was funny.

Why should Snyder have to testify? He's a minor player in this unless the primary reason for calling him is just to drag a GOP governor before Congress.

You think I'm sorry or an oopsy is enough on this?

Imagine if this happened in your city and you had a democratic gov that did it to you. This is potentially criminal.

I guess flint lives don't matter.

Or rich people who pay federal taxes because they're paying for it.

Funny notice Rick Snyder ran to the federal government for help not charity? Republicans want charity to go in and fix the plumbing.

Rep. Cummings Blasts Oversight Chair For Refusing To Call Gov. Snyder To Testify At Flint Hearing

The GOP is desperately trying to protect their own. ALWAYS, Party over Country! The people that live in Flint are in desperate straights and the GOP is playing political games with them. Austerity has now damned thousands of kids to illness and suffering, not only for this generation, but for generations to come.

Lead poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lead has no known physiologically relevant role in the body,[36][70] and its harmful effects are myriad. Lead and other heavy metals create reactive radicals which damage cell structures including DNA and cell membranes.[125] Lead also interferes with DNA transcription, enzymes that help in the synthesis of vitamin D, and enzymes that maintain the integrity of the cell membrane.[18] Anemia may result when the cell membranes of red blood cells become more fragile as the result of damage to their membranes.[126] Lead interferes with metabolism of bones and teeth[127] and alters the permeability of blood vessels and collagen synthesis.[23] Lead may also be harmful to the developing immune system, causing production of excessive inflammatory proteins; this mechanism may mean that lead exposure is a risk factor for asthma in children.[127] Lead exposure has also been associated with a decrease in activity of immune cells such as polymorphonuclear leukocytes.[127] Lead also interferes with the normal metabolism of calcium in cells and causes it to build up within them.[84]

Hey, just another poor, mostly black, community that the Republican Party has ignored.
Im just glad this happened in an election year. I plan on making this political too. It's exactly what you get under Republican rule.

Remember all the coal mining accidents that happened after bush deregulated that industry? Safety cuts into mine owners profits. And they felt over regulated. Then we find out those regulations they removed were necessary

Imagine if this happened in your city and you had a democratic gov that did it to you. This is potentially criminal.

Of course Flint lives matter, Captain Obvious. It's ridiculous to blame Synder. There is a history of crummy decisions that have effected the people living in Flint for a long long time . We won't mention the party affiliation of those mayors and city councils and governors that led to this lead ....of course not. It's the republican's fault.

The problem is being addressed at last. That's good for the people in Flint.

Of course Flint lives matter, Captain Obvious. It's ridiculous to blame Synder. There is a history of crummy decisions that have effected the people living in Flint for a long long time . We won't mention the party affiliation of those mayors and city councils and governors that led to this lead ....of course not. It's the republican's fault.

Just keep watching. You'll soon see who was told what when and did nothing for months.

Like I said, imagine a democrat did this to you. Republicans don't just say government doesn't work, they prove it.

What private company saw this coming and did something about it? I guess free market unregulated capitalism doesn't work either.

It's their own fault

You want to bathe in bottled water, Frank. I guess your could laugh about that also? The Governor appointed Emergency Managers who switched the water source. Then he ignored the warnings from citizens and Doctors. he should be in Jail!

Michigan is now in the Democratic column in the fall.

Our party's governor acted criminally.

If a Dem wins, Snyder will be investigated and probably charged.

Just keep watching. You'll soon see who was told what when and did nothing for months.

Like I said, imagine a democrat did this to you. Republicans don't just say government doesn't work, they prove it.

What private company saw this coming and did something about it? I guess free market unregulated capitalism doesn't work either.
You need to acquaint yourself with what happened. The EPA knew about the lead danger and keep silent for several months. Your precious government spit in the eye of everybody in Flint. Go ahead blame unregulated capitalism. Your stupidity is amplified by your redundancy.

You need to acquaint yourself with what happened. The EPA knew about the lead danger and keep silent for several months. Your precious government spit in the eye of everybody in Flint. Go ahead blame unregulated capitalism. Your stupidity is amplified by your redundancy.

Really? So that is why none of the GOP candidates are mentioning it on the trail? The Gov. want to save a buck and appointed emergency managers and they switched the water source. Not the GOP Congress, you know, the House of the People refuses to call either the Gov or the Managers.

WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF?

The GOP candidates need to address it now: say it was a tragedy, that government failed to do its job,and they will hold those people accountable.

Forum List

Back