GOP has cost US credibility when it comes to promoting freedom and free speech

in 1776 we had neither the ability nor the desire to get involved with the political situations in other countries. In fact we were still technically a British colony

I thought everyone knew that

To say we in 1776 took on the responsibility to bring free speech to the world is absolutely ludicrous

If you like, I will be happy to start your education of American History - it is clearly lacking.

I suggest you start with the Declaration of Independence, with particular emphasis on paragraph 2. However, you must read it in its entirety to understand the intent, and content, of paragraph 2.

When you're done with this, you should move on to the writings of Thomas Jefferson,. Although a review of the Federalist papers, The Federalist Papers Summary | GradeSaver, probably would serve you best prior to delving into Jefferson.

When you're done with all that, I suggest the following:

Why the United States Should Spread Democracy - Harvard - Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, an excellent treatise on spreading democracy from Harvard University, though not time specific.

http://www.choices.edu/about/documents/usrole_futures.pdf, and interesting discussion about the US role in the world.

If you wish to start slow, http://www.c3teachers.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/NewYork_8_American_Expansion.pdf, a NY state guide on social studies for 8th graders about expansionism.

But, please - do not bother me with one sentence pulled out of one reference, without context. Either read them all or just don't read any. In order to have an intelligent discussion, you need to have an adequate foundation.
The day I need you to tell me what to read is the day I get a lobotomy

Instead, you choose to live your life in blissful ignorance, coming here only to make caustic remarks in a failed attempt to revive a flagging ego.

So sad ...

SHow me the legislation that says we must spread democracy around the world.

We have no obligation to do so. Just because some people think we "should" means nothing.
Just looking at our track record of how well we spread democracy should be enough to tell you that we shouldn't be doing it

and if you think that lobotomy remark was caustic then you are far too sensitive to be here.

LOL ----

"Show me the legislation, which starts with the letter T, and the fourth word is forth, and it is exactly 1251 words long, that says we must spread democracy around the world, oh, by the way, it can't be written by anybody who has an s in their name."

I win! I win!

Give me a freakin' break.
so we have no obligation like I said

If you like, I will be happy to start your education of American History - it is clearly lacking.

I suggest you start with the Declaration of Independence, with particular emphasis on paragraph 2. However, you must read it in its entirety to understand the intent, and content, of paragraph 2.

When you're done with this, you should move on to the writings of Thomas Jefferson,. Although a review of the Federalist papers, The Federalist Papers Summary | GradeSaver, probably would serve you best prior to delving into Jefferson.

Why the United States Should Spread Democracy - Harvard - Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, an excellent treatise on spreading democracy from Harvard University, though not time specific.

http://www.choices.edu/about/documents/usrole_futures.pdf, and interesting discussion about the US role in the world.

If you wish to start slow, http://www.c3teachers.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/NewYork_8_American_Expansion.pdf, a NY state guide on social studies for 8th graders about expansionism.

But, please - do not bother me with one sentence pulled out of one reference, without context. Either read them all or just don't read any. In order to have an intelligent discussion, you need to have an adequate foundation.

Instead, you choose to live your life in blissful ignorance, coming here only to make caustic remarks in a failed attempt to revive a flagging ego.

So sad ...

We have no obligation to do so. Just because some people think we "should" means nothing.
Just looking at our track record of how well we spread democracy should be enough to tell you that we shouldn't be doing it

and if you think that lobotomy remark was caustic then you are far too sensitive to be here.

LOL ----

"Show me the legislation, which starts with the letter T, and the fourth word is forth, and it is exactly 1251 words long, that says we must spread democracy around the world, oh, by the way, it can't be written by anybody who has an s in their name."

I win! I win!

Give me a freakin' break.
so we have no obligation like I said

No ---- the stupidity of your qualification in order to avoid being proved wrong (because you were too damn lazy to read it) is both amusing, and ....... TADA! .... recipient of the Most Disingenuous Post of the Week.

I'm still wondering what the GOP is promoting? Anyone? Why would any other country want to be like this one with Republicans in charge?

I'm still wondering what the GOP is promoting? Anyone? Why would any other country want to be like this one with Republicans in charge?

I agree, refugees and illegal aliens should all go to those "better" countries. Got a list?
With Donald Trump as president and the Republicans in charge, it'll come. They want to fundamentally change America into a kind of Russian interment camp existing behind walls without a friend in the world. Except Russia of course.

i am continually astounded at the lack of historical knowledge presented by people on this site. Didn't y'all go to school?
in 1776 we had neither the ability nor the desire to get involved with the political situations in other countries. In fact we were still technically a British colony

To say we in 1776 took on the responsibility to bring free speech to the world is absolutely ludicrous

So sad ...

Actually, when you look at Europe and much of Asia after WWII, you can see we were very successful spreading democracy. That doesn't mean it can be spread everywhere. China, not so much. The religious dominated Middle East, not at all.

During the time Russia was a democracy, tensions between Russia and the rest of the world were much less. It's only since Russia returned to being run by a dictator tensions have risen.

Trump sees himself as a dictator. He is busy making enemies of countries that traditionally have been friends of America. Mexico for one, Austrailia for another.

So sad ...

Actually, when you look at Europe and much of Asia after WWII, you can see we were very successful spreading democracy. That doesn't mean it can be spread everywhere. China, not so much. The religious dominated Middle East, not at all.

During the time Russia was a democracy, tensions between Russia and the rest of the world were much less. It's only since Russia returned to being run by a dictator tensions have risen.

Trump sees himself as a dictator. He is busy making enemies of countries that traditionally have been friends of America. Mexico for one, Austrailia for another.
none of that means we have any obligation to do so. We don't

Forum List

Back