GOP finally impeaches Mayorkas

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
The U.S. Capitol reflected in a window in Washington, on Feb. 6, 2024. (Anna Rose Layden/The New York Times)

WASHINGTON — Republican members of the House impeached Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas with a simple majority vote Tuesday. It sets off a series of choreographed rituals that dates back to the impeachment of former President Andrew Johnson in 1868. Here’s a look at what happens next.

A Ceremonial Procession
Once the House approves two articles of impeachment laying out the accusations against Mayorkas as part of its oversight and investigatory responsibilities, they are then walked over to the Senate.

The day after Johnson was impeached, in February 1868, the articles of impeachment were delivered to the Senate by Rep. Thaddeus Stevens, R-Pa. Stevens was so ill that he had to be carried through the Capitol.
Once the articles are delivered, the Senate, acting as a High Court of Impeachment, would schedule a trial during which senators would consider evidence, hear witnesses and, ultimately, vote to acquit or convict. They could also vote to dismiss the charges.

Upon asking Rep. Thaddius why he was so ill, he said, "We all know that voting to impeach Mayorkas was the right things to do. The man said there was no border crisis for 3 straight years and then all of a sudden blamed Trump for a border crisis after disallowing him to build a border wall and repeal all of his policies that held immigration to a minimum. However, voting for the right thing...........well............it just felt odd is all. In fact, I've been vomiting nonstop since doing it and I'm pretty sure I could never bring myself to do it again."

Another Republican Congress member agreed, who did not want to be identified said, "You know, after voting to do the right thing, I don't get invited by democrats to all their gay sex orgies in Senate chambers anymore. Yea, it's just not worth it. Never again!!!".

Mods, kindly leave my thread alone and don't merge it, this is satire.

Thanks in advance.

The U.S. Capitol reflected in a window in Washington, on Feb. 6, 2024. (Anna Rose Layden/The New York Times)

WASHINGTON — Republican members of the House impeached Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas with a simple majority vote Tuesday. It sets off a series of choreographed rituals that dates back to the impeachment of former President Andrew Johnson in 1868. Here’s a look at what happens next.

A Ceremonial Procession
Once the House approves two articles of impeachment laying out the accusations against Mayorkas as part of its oversight and investigatory responsibilities, they are then walked over to the Senate.

The day after Johnson was impeached, in February 1868, the articles of impeachment were delivered to the Senate by Rep. Thaddeus Stevens, R-Pa. Stevens was so ill that he had to be carried through the Capitol.
Once the articles are delivered, the Senate, acting as a High Court of Impeachment, would schedule a trial during which senators would consider evidence, hear witnesses and, ultimately, vote to acquit or convict. They could also vote to dismiss the charges.

Upon asking Rep. Thaddius why he was so ill, he said, "We all know that voting to impeach Mayorkas was the right things to do. The man said there was no border crisis for 3 straight years and then all of a sudden blamed Trump for a border crisis after disallowing him to build a border wall and repeal all of his policies that held immigration to a minimum. However, voting for the right thing...........well............it just felt odd is all. In fact, I've been vomiting nonstop since doing it and I'm pretty sure I could never bring myself to do it again."

Another Republican Congress member agreed, who did not want to be identified said, "You know, after voting to do the right thing, I don't get invited by democrats to all their gay sex orgies in Senate chambers anymore. Yea, it's just not worth it. Never again!!!".
Thaddeus Stevens did not talk about impeaching Mayorkas because he lived long ago!

?????

Forum List

Back