GOP about to be blindsided with Obama's brilliant re-election strategy

Well as Rush so astutely pointed out shortly after Barry played his bridge card, say, Mr. President, where exactly are all these dangerous bridges? We should all have a list of them, should we not? So we can be safe by avoiding a dangerous bridge whenever we can. Surely with this danger all around us Mr. President isn't going to keep them a secret, is he?

Instead of me trying to convince you of something you don't believe, how about proving me wrong.

Try this:

Open a program called "Google" and type in these words into "search":

iowa bridge closures

Now, try the same thing only use:

Ohio bridge closures

then keep adding states. Click on "the last month".

You get lots of stories with sentences like: The Iowa Department of Transportation closed the bridge last week after a crack was discovered during a regular inspection.

Remember, the number of bridges with problems is listed at 70,000. Most of these bridges were built more than 50 years ago. Most have a 40 to 50 year life.

And that's only a tiny part of the infrastructure.

So go ahead, laugh, quote Rush Limbaugh. Says a lot about you.

Are you really so delusional that you think bridge repairs is going to be the issue that "saves" Barack Obama's second term? And would you like to take a crack at naming all the bridges that the first Stimulus bill fixed? You know with all those "shovel ready" jobs?

Too much of the first stimulus was tax cuts.

Republicans, the filibuster party, really screwed that up. Remember when Republicans said they would stop unemployment benefits for millions of Americans to keep the Bush tax cuts for millionaires?

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

You can't fight everything the president does, change everything he does and then complain you don't like what he does.

Remember John Boehner? The Republican Speaker of the House?

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted - CBS News

And, the Democratic Party is a "coalition" party made up of many different groups. Republicans are 90% white and pretty much the same. It's harder to get support from Democrats because they are so diverse.

Instead of attacking Obama, what do Republicans bring to the table? There are going to need something. America isn't stupid. They know Republicans are out to bring down Obama, even at the expense of the health of the country.

While Republicans are tearing each other up during the debates and giving Obama plenty of new soundbytes, Obama is busy going from Republican District to Republican District asking the Republican base why their leadership feels they should be satisfied with unsafe bridges and dangerous roads.

"Let him die" will become one of the many new campaign lines used against the Republicans.

"Corporations are people, my friend" will become another one.

Then there's the whole "anti science" thing.

The list goes on and is growing. While all the cameras and press are focused on the Republicans bashing Washington, Obama is not even IN Washington. Instead, he's laying the groundwork for what is to come and laying it on his terms.

Republicans will say, "But look, Democrats lost Wiener's district". So what? A few months before Republicans lost a couple of districts in a similar way. Remember, the House has a "13%" approval rating. That means an 87% DISAPPROVAL rating.

By doing what he's doing, Obama isn't just running againt the Republican nominee, he's running against the entire Republican Party.

Soon, he will be in John Boehner's district asking why there are 195 bridges deemed "structurally deficient".

Bridges falling down, no money for infrastructure, two wars, failed economy, all these things happened on Republican watch or came from Republican policy. And we know from the debates, these are STILL their policies. Difficult to run on failed policy.

Republicans will say, "But Obama's policies failed". How will we know? Republicans and Conservative Democrats never gave them a chance. And many Conservative Democrats have already been voted out of office.

Looking forward to the next 14 months.
Why the hell didn't they fix some of the damn bridges with the first 1.5 trillion dollar stimulus ?? nobodies buying the the idiots bullshit anymore except blacks,gay's,and idiots !!

While Republicans are tearing each other up during the debates and giving Obama plenty of new soundbytes, Obama is busy going from Republican District to Republican District asking the Republican base why their leadership feels they should be satisfied with unsafe bridges and dangerous roads.

"Let him die" will become one of the many new campaign lines used against the Republicans.

The list goes on and is growing. While all the cameras and press are focused on the Republicans bashing Washington, Obama is not even IN Washington. Instead, he's laying the groundwork for what is to come and laying it on his terms.

Republicans will say, "But look, Democrats lost Wiener's district". So what? A few months before Republicans lost a couple of districts in a similar way. Remember, the House has a "13%" approval rating. That means an 87% DISAPPROVAL rating.

By doing what he's doing, Obama isn't just running againt the Republican nominee, he's running against the entire Republican Party.

Soon, he will be in John Boehner's district asking why there are 195 bridges deemed "structurally deficient".

Bridges falling down, no money for infrastructure, two wars, failed economy, all these things happened on Republican watch or came from Republican policy. And we know from the debates, these are STILL their policies. Difficult to run on failed policy.

Republicans will say, "But Obama's policies failed". How will we know? Republicans and Conservative Democrats never gave them a chance. And many Conservative Democrats have already been voted out of office.

:lol::lol: thanks for the warning about the blindside .....IDIOT !! :lol::lol:

GOP about to be blindsided with Obama's brilliant re-election strategy

133879.gif

Why the hell didn't they fix some of the damn bridges with the first 1.5 trillion dollar stimulus ?? nobodies buying the the idiots bullshit anymore except blacks,gay's,and idiots !!

Actually, many did. Here is a list of over a hundred Republican House members and Senators who took stimulus money after they campaigned against it. Then took credit for the projects paid for by stimulus.

Stimulating Hypocrisy: 114 Lawmakers Block Recovery While Taking Credit For Its Success

Republicans have screamed the stimulus did nothing for so long, they actually believe it.

O's plan:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m5LNn2gh8k&feature=relmfu]Steve Bridges as President Obama - WRCOG - July 2010 with Karl Rove & Dee Dee Myers - YouTube[/ame]

I don't understand how Republicans can take our nation's infrastructure so lightly. This was in the midwest. A lot of Republicans in the midwest.

Those pics look like our economy.

Those pics actually look like the ones from the San Fransico earthquake back in the 90's

Minneapolis will mark the fourth anniversary of the Interstate 35W bridge collapse today by dedicating a memorial honoring the lives lost and the survivors of the disaster. (08/01/2011)

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse | Minnesota Public Radio News

I thought everyone knew about this horrific tragedy. Guess I was wrong.

I-35%20Collapse%202.jpg

Considering the majority of our bridges are over 50 years old, be ready to see a repeat.

The fact is, many of these bridges were built during the Eisenhower Administration. He was a Republican who was behind most of the big infrastructure projects that came from the 50's and 60's. He would be so ashamed of what his party has become.

Please. Why pretend here? Obama isn't going to go in front of any audience he can't control. He can't control the questions will challenge him with. He doesn't do well situation he can't micromanage.

Those pics actually look like the ones from the San Fransico earthquake back in the 90's

Minneapolis will mark the fourth anniversary of the Interstate 35W bridge collapse today by dedicating a memorial honoring the lives lost and the survivors of the disaster. (08/01/2011)

I-35%20Collapse%202.jpg

Considering the majority of our bridges are over 50 years old, be ready to see a repeat.

The fact is, many of these bridges were built during the Eisenhower Administration. He was a Republican who was behind most of the big infrastructure projects that came from the 50's and 60's. He would be so ashamed of what his party has become.
Ike would also be ashamed that Obama hasn't intiated his government program 'Operation Wetback' that he used to go after illegal immigrants here in the United States.

I think his 39% approval rating is very impressive. He should run on that and the tremendous job he is doing with the economy, his seven wars, employment, foreclosures, and bankrupcies. He's really kicking ass. Should be a shoe-in

dont forget rainy days :cuckoo:

I-35%20Collapse%202.jpg

We had a perdestrian walk way bridge at lowes motor speedway to fall a few years ago in Concord they said it was due to installer error The contrator had a lot of mexicans working for them I wonder if the bridge you showed had been built by mexicans?

Funny, Texas has the safest, most modern roadways in America.

Who's in charge down there?

• 22% of Texas’ bridges are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete.
  • There are 888 high hazard dams in Texas. A high hazard dam is defined as a dam whose failure would cause a loss of life and significant property damage.
  • 103 of Texas’ 7,478 dams are in need of rehabilitation to meet applicable state dam safety standards.
  • 84% of high hazard dams in Texas have no emergency action plan (EAP). An EAP is a predetermined plan of action to be taken including roles, responsibilities and procedures for surveillance, notification and evacuation to reduce the potential for loss of life and property damage in an area affected by a failure or mis-operation of a dam.
  • Texas’ drinking water infrastructure needs an investment of $28.17 billion over the next 20 years.
  • Texas ranked 2nd in the quantity of hazardous waste produced and 4th in the total number of hazardous waste producers.
  • Texas’ ports handled 487 million tons of waterborne traffic in 2005, ranking it 1st in the nation.
  • Texas reported an unmet need of $31.2 million for its state public outdoor recreation facilities and parkland acquisition.
  • 32% of Texas’ major roads are in poor or mediocre condition.
  • 47% of Texas’ major urban highways are congested.
  • Vehicle travel on Texas’ highways increased 50% from 1990 to 2007.
  • Texas has $5.64 billion in wastewater infrastructure needs.

Top Three Infrastructure Concerns:
Roads
Drinking Water
Wastewater

Key Infrastructure Facts

Wow...who is in charge down there? Yikes!

I think this is where Warrior plays the "just kidding" card

Forum List

Back