Google fires diversity manifesto author James Damore for wrong think

You actually think your example is comparable to the topic, and some posters agreed with you? lol smh

it's in the same ballpark.

It's not even close. Using company email to send a personal statement on politics and social issues to your coworkers is not the same as eating a ham sandwich in the lunch room. Any HR department I've ever known would frown upon the email and not give shit about the ham sandwich.

Frown enough upon it to fire the person on the spot?

Sure. I've seen it happen in companies I've worked in. The solution is easy - leave your politics and social views at home. That's standard operating procedure for most professional companies. Any time you open you mouth about this stuff you run the risk of offending someone.

I used to manage and had many direct reports. You never know what's going to offend people. I used to tell my employees just do your job and don't talk politics/social issues. I once had to have a talk with a male employee because he made a female employee feel uncomfortable when he complemented her hair. Seems harmless enough, right? I've also had to have talks with female employees as well for inappropriate comments that were bothering male employees. I could never believe the shit that would set people off, but you just never know. As a manager whether I agreed or not I still had to take the incident seriously and address it. As far as the Google employee, yea that one would be hard to come back from so I understand the firing.

That's fine if all politics are banned, but you know lefty issues get a pass. Hell at a place like Google they are probably encouraged.

Well, unfortunately I'm not going to disagree with you on that.

I still don't understand why he sent this via email to his co-workers? I've never worked at a job where it was acceptable for employees to send their personal view on politics or social issues to everyone. Personally I don't think anything he said was that bad, but I do think it was highly inappropriate for a work environment. Unless Google encouraged employees to share their personal view on these topics? Anyone?
It was the tolerant and diversive SJW's ballistic response that made the story possible. By its actions Google says it only wants employees who want to parrot SJW twaddle.

They should have just put him on warning and it would have never made the news.

The fact that it made it to the public is irrelevant. All that matters is how employees at Google perceive it. It his personal view made other feel uncomfortable then he suffers the consequences.
There are people who feel uncomfortable with your views. Same with everyone. Think you should be fired when the people at your work learn what you post here?

Are you serious? You're actually comparing us posting on an anonymous forum to an employee who sends an internal memo to his coworkers? And someone agreed with you? lol

What will you say or do when your " LAST NAME" offends someone?

Like if my last name was "Lynch". Can't argue with you on that. That is just ridiculous.

An interesting interview with James Damore.

So Damore explains that his memo was actually a published document he wrote a month before in response to a secret Google meeting with longer term employees in which Google encouraged discrimination in favor of minorities and women, and he wanted to suggest better nondiscriminatory ways of achieving the same goals.

The Google staff did not respond, so he submitted it to a 'skeptics' forum and members of that form, without his permission, spread it throughout Google.

Then Google management targeted him for simply having the opinions he has, not because he spammed the entire Google org, which he did not do.

Facts sure do put a different spin on a story, dont they?

Thanks JimBowie1958. I have asked the question why did he do this. If what you posted is true then I would side less with Google and more with the employee.

Thanks JimBowie1958. I have asked the question why did he do this. If what you posted is true then I would side less with Google and more with the employee.
Well it is what he and an anonymous Google employee say is true.

I tend to believe them as I have seen such malicious leftwing intolerance myself several times.

In fact, I suspect that the Marxist IT left is using a black list to black ball conservatives from employment.

If that's true, if it wasn't an internal memo, but rather someone stalking his posts on websites; that's pretty messed. I'd have hunted down the stalker and fired them. Then you have to run some numbers to see how badly not firing the guy was for PR. (Sad but true)

But, let me take this opportunity to yet again remind ya'll to always, always, use a handle/alias online...

I still don't understand why he sent this via email to his co-workers? I've never worked at a job where it was acceptable for employees to send their personal view on politics or social issues to everyone. Personally I don't think anything he said was that bad, but I do think it was highly inappropriate for a work environment. Unless Google encouraged employees to share their personal view on these topics? Anyone?
It was the tolerant and diversive SJW's ballistic response that made the story possible. By its actions Google says it only wants employees who want to parrot SJW twaddle.

They should have just put him on warning and it would have never made the news.
No. I would fire 3rd year employees writing manifestos directly contradicting company strategy and spreading it around liberally. A 3rd year cannot even fully understand the motives of such strategy as they are not part of the strategic decision making process. And they also do not deserve an explanation since it very well may be a trade secret or just not their job. People get fired or blacklisted for much less. For even just going over their bosses head sometimes.

A rule of thumb in the workplace is that controversial things should not be written down or sent electronically. They will get screenshot or forwarded and end up where they shouldn't. Some controversial things should not even be discussed with how bad rumor mills can get. In this guys case, he should have taken a more calculated approach. Write the document to get his thoughts straight, in confidence talk to people in the organization to find out where to go with the discussion, not the document. this guy likely sent it to a group email with who knows reading it and it sounded like he didn't even understand what the group did. He's a rookie and got burned.

Furthermore, while his points may be scientifically accurate, acting directly on those biological findings is contradictive of what the common understanding that hard work, motivation, assertiveness, are the keys to success. I realize that's not really in line with how diversity policy works, but I really think the law is on Google's side with both their policies and firing of guy.

The mistreatment of conservatives and libertarians by tech monopolies is a civil rights issue.

it's getting ridiculous.

DG3gcPJXkAA5ywD.jpg

Google Fires Diversity Manifesto Author James Damore For WrongThink

Google has fired the brilliant anti-diversity manifesto author James Damore for “perpetuating gender stereotypes.”

From Breitbart:

The Google employee behind a ten-page viewpoint diversity manifesto that went viral online has been fired.

James Damore, whose manifesto criticizing the politically correct corporate culture at Google prompted outrage from left-wing employees and social justice warriors online, revealed that he had been fired in an email to Breitbart Tech on Monday evening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait until it starts happening to their own brown shirts when they say something out of line. Your seeing Hitler's Germany unfolding and it has been since that idiot Obama has taken office and tech it's been since both Bush's were in office it just wasn't as severe yet and people really weren't paying attention then just like today some are still on planet fantasy.

It's a private company.

Guy gets fired for being an asswipe and now Brietbart wants to make him into a hero.

They are so gay over there, gay for racists.

The Damore probably got passed over, position went to more-qualified, harder working Indian or Pakistani, and he got drunk and wrote some stupid rant they're now calling a manifesto.

The alt-right racists like to turn bitter underachieving losers like Bannon into heros.

Bannon was run out of hollywood because he was a raging alcoholic, look at the cherry on his nose.

Forum List

Back