Good thing these 2 women didn't have a gun...except the getting beaten with a bat part....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....good thing these 2 women didn't have a gun........I mean....they might have actually stopped their own beating...by a monster...who used a baseball bat and who decided to take a break, drink a beer and then continue to beat them....

I am sure they are recovering nicely in the hospital.....

Texas Sex Offender Beat Two Elderly Women with Bat, Drank a Beer, Beat Them More, Say Police

A Texas sex offender has been arrested for allegedly beating two elderly women and a man with a bat. He reportedly beat them, stopped to drink a beer, and then beat them again.

So.....3 to one odds...but the guy has a bat, and the victims are unarmed.....

but, in the end it is a win win for gun grabbers.....none of the 4 had a gun.....

But I guess it didn't help the victims any...

Now...to my same question for the anti gun nuts.....if you could go back in time and give the women and the guy a gun...to stop the beating with the bat...would you?

Hmmmm....I wonder....stop the attack with a gun...or get beaten to the point you are in critical condition.....what would I choose.......?

According to Police Chief Randy Bratton, the two women were critically injured and were flown by air ambulance to Baylor Hospital in Dallas with life threatening injuries. Kelly was arrested at the scene without incident.

Local Fox4 reported:

A Corsicana man is in custody after police say he beat two women in their 60s unconscious with a baseball bat.

59-year-old Donald Kelly is charged with three counts of aggravated assault. Family of the victims say Kelly’s attack was revenge for one of the women breaking up with him.

“He started beating her,” said Doris Cates who witnessed the attack. “When they were unconscious on the ground, he sat down, drank a beer and started beating them again.”

Yes....good thing these 2 women didn't have a gun........I mean....they might have actually stopped their own beating...by a monster...who used a baseball bat and who decided to take a break, drink a beer and then continue to beat them....

Texas Sex Offender Beat Two Elderly Women with Bat, Drank a Beer, Beat Them More, Say Police

A Texas sex offender has been arrested for allegedly beating two elderly women and a man with a bat. He reportedly beat them, stopped to drink a beer, and then beat them again.

but, in the end it is a win win for gun grabbers.....none of the 4 had a gun.....

Now...to my same question for the anti gun nuts.....if you could go back in time and give the women and the guy a gun...to stop the beating with the bat...would you?

Hmmmm....I wonder....stop the attack with a gun...or get beaten to the point you are in critical condition.....what would I choose.......?

According to Police Chief Randy Bratton, the two women were critically injured and were flown by air ambulance to Baylor Hospital in Dallas with life threatening injuries. Kelly was arrested at the scene without incident.

Local Fox4 reported:

A Corsicana man is in custody after police say he beat two women in their 60s unconscious with a baseball bat.

59-year-old Donald Kelly is charged with three counts of aggravated assault. Family of the victims say Kelly’s attack was revenge for one of the women breaking up with him.

“He started beating her,” said Doris Cates who witnessed the attack. “When they were unconscious on the ground, he sat down, drank a beer and started beating them again.”
Considering this was a domestic violence incident, I'd really just as soon there not be any gun in the house this guy could access. If there had been, you can bet your bottom dollar he'd have walked in and killed them all before enjoying his beer.

Not if they shot him first.......
In a perfect world, but last summer we had a real mess here where she tried to shoot the ex-boyfriend as he broke in through her bedroom window. She clipped him, but then he took the gun, shot and killed her and her new boyfriend. The bat case is horrible, but when there's a goon like that around, it doesn't usually work well. I don't think, anyway.

In a perfect world, but last summer we had a real mess here where she tried to shoot the ex-boyfriend as he broke in through her bedroom window. She clipped him, but then he took the gun, shot and killed her and her new boyfriend. The bat case is horrible, but when there's a goon like that around, it doesn't usually work well. I don't think, anyway.

And in most other cases the opposite happens....again, 1,500,000 times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack.......you should read the actual stories of self defense....they are enlightening.

Local Fox4 reported:

Considering this was a domestic violence incident, I'd really just as soon there not be any gun in the house this guy could access. If there had been, you can bet your bottom dollar he'd have walked in and killed them all before enjoying his beer.

Yeah...and this domestic violence incident wasn't stopped by the wife's order or protection......funny thing about orders of protection...in the end they are just a thin piece of paper....a lot less effective than a gun....

You believe the myth of the easily disarmed victim....does it happen, yes...is it common, not at all...

Police: Pike County woman shot, killed estranged husband

A Pike County woman shot and killed her estranged husband Monday morning after he entered her home in violation of a court protection order, police said.

Pamela Smith of Phelps told 911 dispatchers that she shot Terry Briggs, 37, also of Phelps, according to Kentucky State Police in Pikeville. Briggs died at the scene.

Briggs, who was inside Smith’s home, threatened her, and she shot him with a handgun, police said. A domestic violence order had been issued. Police did not immediately release details about how many times Briggs was shot.

Police said no charges have been filed, but a grand jury is likely to review the case.

Local Fox4 reported:

Yeah...and this domestic violence incident wasn't stopped by the wife's order or protection......funny thing about orders of protection...in the end they are just a thin piece of paper....a lot less effective than a gun....

You believe the myth of the easily disarmed victim....does it happen, yes...is it common, not at all...

Police: Pike County woman shot, killed estranged husband

A Pike County woman shot and killed her estranged husband Monday morning after he entered her home in violation of a court protection order, police said.

Pamela Smith of Phelps told 911 dispatchers that she shot Terry Briggs, 37, also of Phelps, according to Kentucky State Police in Pikeville. Briggs died at the scene.

Briggs, who was inside Smith’s home, threatened her, and she shot him with a handgun, police said. A domestic violence order had been issued. Police did not immediately release details about how many times Briggs was shot.

Police said no charges have been filed, but a grand jury is likely to review the case.

Rest assured that the media around here is just as eager to sell stories as where you live. If what you relate was something that happened around here, believe me, we would have heard about it. Women in dv situations are painfully aware that an order of protection isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Probably at least half of the women killed in dv incidents each year already have one. I've worked with enough of these women to know that they leave with their kids and hide in a shelter and sometimes leave the state and change their names in order to be safe. I have never known a single one who felt it was appropriate to arm herself.
Obviously, some do, but you have no foundation to make it sound like the popular response by victims everywhere. They're SICK of violence.

And some actual research to show that most of the time the victim, even women, are more than able to deal with an attacker....see page 14 of this study by cato....they looked at 5,000 actual news stories on defensive gun use...they acknowledge that this isn't all of them, but only ones that actually made the news...and this is what they found.....

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/WP-Tough-Targets.pdf

“A Criminal Will Just Take the Gun Away from You”

For a very long time, gun control proponents would insist that having a gun was a mistake, because many people (especially women) would not be willing to shoot a person who was attacking them—and the criminal would then take away the victim’s gun and use it on the victim.

Oddly enough, while the authors have recorded a large number of incidents where someone has their gun taken away from them, it is usually the other way around.

In 227 incidents, a criminal’s gun was taken away from him by the victim. This does not necessarily mean that the victim shot the criminal, but it does mean that the victim successfully disarmed the criminal and then threatened the criminal with it in order to make him leave, or make him remain on the scene until the police could arrive.

The data set used.....

The data set supporting this paper is derived from a collection of news stories published between October 2003 and November 2011.12

There is a selection bias problem with the method of gathering news stories. Many defensive gun uses never make the news. Sometimes that is because the person using a gun in self-defense saw no need to call the police—he or she scared off the bad guy. In some cases, the victim might not want to explain to the police that he has a gun, perhaps because he is a felon, or perhaps because he lives in a jurisdiction with very restrictive gun control laws.

Sometimes the police do get called, but the officers do not find the circumstances sufficiently important to issue a press release. After all, “Man Scares away Burglar, No Shots Fired” is not particularly newsworthy, unless you live in a very small town. In spite of the selection bias problem, there is one enormous advantage to this model of gathering data: it provides a rich set of information about motives, circumstances, victims, and criminals.

It also provides a sufficiently large database (almost 5,000 incidents), randomly selected, so that some conclusions about the nature of armed self-defense in America can be drawn.

Best of all, whatever the deficiencies of news reporting, the model is not completely dependent on the honesty or accuracy of the respondent—unlike some of the questions raised with respect to defensive gun use surveys.

Last edited:

Local Fox4 reported:

The best way for a woman to defeat a man is with a gun.....it is as simple as that. There is usually no way that a woman can overcome the advantage a male attacker has...over and above his picking the time and place of the attack and wether he brings a weapon with him....not to mention his usual physical superiority........

Local Fox4 reported:

Yes......those women folk just can't handle a gun like a man can....

Mother Shoots Intruder 'Multiple Times' to Save Baby - Breitbart

An Indianapolis mother shot a man “multiple times” after he allegedly broke into the home through the window in the baby’s room.

According to CBS 4, family members said that around noon on March 24, the woman “heard the window get busted and she called her husband and said I think somebody’s breaking in the house.”

She grabbed her pistol and ran toward the sound of breaking glass, only to be confronted by the alleged intruder who shot at her, but missed.

The mother then opened fire and struck the suspect “multiple times.” He was transported to a hospital for treatment.

In addition to being armed, a 911 dispatcher said the suspect was “carrying zip ties and a walkie-talkie.”

And of course this gentle flower...would just faint if she had to even look at a gun.....

Woman Scares off Assailant With Stick. Just Kidding, it was a gun.

Just before 7pm on Wednesday night, a 29 year-old woman had gathered up her dog and headed outside to… well, to let her dog do what dogs do.

Upon her first step outside her Minot, North Dakota home, she was hit solidly in the face with a blunt object, knocking her backward down the stairs and into her home.

Her assailant followed her into her home and started to approach her, but the woman had made it to a cabinet where she retrieved a handgun to protect herself and her home.

When confronted with the firearm, the violent intruder and would-be robber/rapist/murderer fled the scene.

The smart, independent, gun-owning woman did not require medical attention, most likely due to the fact that she was able to pull a weapon on her assailant to end the attack.

And of course....it is probably a good thing this woman didn't listen to your advice......she had to deal with 3 men...at least one had a pistol....whatever would she do if it had been an ex-husband....

DGU of the Day: Trotwood Ohio Woman Defeats Three Home Invaders - The Truth About Guns

Three men break into a home in Trotwood, Ohio. [Click here to watch the video.] They’re all armed. It is before 6 am, just three days after Christmas. One of the men is armed with a Tec-9 pistol. He enters last. The other two hold what appear to be conventional semi-auto pistols. They bypass two sleeping children to find the mother. The surveillance video shows the three following the mother after they pistol whipped her in the laundry room.

The man directly behind her has the Tec-9. Presumably holds her at gunpoint while the other two attempt to drag off a safe, in a room with two more children. While the two men are occupied with the safe, the woman breaks free from her captor, accesses a hidden pistol, and starts to fire.

All three run, but the Tec-9 gunman, Azikiwe Presley, is mortally wounded. His body is found 100 yards from the house. From wdtn.com:

“I got my gun and I started shooting and they ran,” the female caller told dispatchers. “They all three had guns, I’m confused … they must not have had bullets because after I pulled the trigger they just took off, instead of firing back. I don’t know if I hit one or not, I don’t see blood anywhere.”

In this case, the recipient of female dedication to protecting innocent life ran a hundred yards and died. It is not uncommon for a man who is fatally shot to run that far, even with a heart/lung shot. As he was likely the one holding the woman at gunpoint, and the closest, greatest, threat with the Tec-9, it is not surprising that he drew the lethal ticket. Whether through choice or happenstance, the mother made the right tactical decision.

See.....you belief system surrounding guns in the United States is completely wrong....

Last edited:
For a very long time, gun control proponents would insist that having a gun was a mistake,
I've been told this numerous times by LE giving trainings. Cops aren't normally gun control proponents. Wonder why they said that. Wonder why the military bases are virtual gun free zones.
I read your articles and they are examples of guns being used effectively for self-protection. It doesn't actually dilute my argument, either, that massive numbers of people carrying guns also leads to unnecessary shootings. Guns kill people. Who gets killed is the trick to whether we think it's a good thing or a bad thing.
My belief system isn't wrong. Ask Australia. Ask any country with strict gun control about their gun kill rates. It works.

For a very long time, gun control proponents would insist that having a gun was a mistake,
I've been told this numerous times by LE giving trainings. Cops aren't normally gun control proponents. Wonder why they said that. Wonder why the military bases are virtual gun free zones.
I read your articles and they are examples of guns being used effectively for self-protection. It doesn't actually dilute my argument, either, that massive numbers of people carrying guns also leads to unnecessary shootings. Guns kill people. Who gets killed is the trick to whether we think it's a good thing or a bad thing.
My belief system isn't wrong. Ask Australia. Ask any country with strict gun control about their gun kill rates. It works.

Australia...gun crime going up.

Britain..gun crime going up....

Yes...back in the 90s gun control opponents and up to this day, they still hate guns in private hands.......and they were wrong.....from about the 90s, gun ownership has gone up, to 320,000,000guns in 2013 to 357 million guns in 2014....

Accidental gun deaths went down...you guys were wrong.

gun murder rates went down.....you guys were wrong..

The violent crime rate went down....you guys were wrong...

Your entire system of beliefs about normal, law abiding citizens owning and carrying guns is wrong, in the past and today...after decades of people owning and actually carrying guns.

1,500,000 million defensive gun uses each year according to bill clinton.....

in 2014, only 8,124 gun murders.......most of them committed by criminals against other criminals...

Can you tell which number is bigger....

And the other countries you talk about......their criminals have access to guns....in Britain, Australia, France...Europe....their criminals just don't commit murder as often..that is the only difference.....gun control doesn't work for what you guys believe it is for...keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.....all it does is ensure normal people can't have guns....criminals...get all they want.

Yes...back in the 90s gun control opponents and up to this day, they still hate guns in private hands.......and they were wrong.....from about the 90s, gun ownership has gone up, to 320,000,000guns in 2013 to 357 million guns in 2014....

Your entire system of beliefs about normal, law abiding citizens owning and carrying guns is wrong, in the past and today...after decades of people owning and actually carrying guns.

in 2014, only 8,124 gun murders.......most of them committed by criminals against other criminals...

And the other countries you talk about......their criminals have access to guns....in Britain, Australia, France...Europe....their criminals just don't commit murder as often..that is the only difference.....gun control doesn't work for what you guys believe it is for...keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.....all it does is ensure normal people can't have guns....criminals...get all they want.
"For a very long time, gun control proponents would insist that having a gun was a mistake,
I've been told this numerous times by LE giving trainings. Cops aren't normally gun control proponents. Wonder why they said that. Wonder why the military bases are virtual gun free zones."
Can you answer my question or not? Don't keep spraying me with your pre-recorded fact sheets. Why do cops encourage us not to carry guns for self protection? Why don't military leaders trust soldiers with guns in their free time? There is a reason, I'm sure.

Gun control doesn't work for what you guys believe it is for...keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.
No, my point is that a lot of people wouldn't BE criminals if they didn't have access to a gun in a moment of anger.

She needed target practice. Never let them get close enough to take your weapon. That is what triggers are for.

"For a very long time, gun control proponents would insist that having a gun was a mistake,
I've been told this numerous times by LE giving trainings. Cops aren't normally gun control proponents. Wonder why they said that. Wonder why the military bases are virtual gun free zones."
Can you answer my question or not? Don't keep spraying me with your pre-recorded fact sheets. Why do cops encourage us not to carry guns for self protection? Why don't military leaders trust soldiers with guns in their free time? There is a reason, I'm sure.

Gun control doesn't work for what you guys believe it is for...keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.
No, my point is that a lot of people wouldn't BE criminals if they didn't have access to a gun in a moment of anger.

That is a an anti gun myth.....people who commit murder with guns are 90% likely to have a prior criminal record and a history of violence.....70-80% of gun murder victims are also convicted criminals....they myth that normal, law abiding people will all of a sudden murder their wife because she burns dinner, shoot the guy in the other car over a fender bender or all of a sudden decide to rob the local liqour store and murder the clerk are anti gun myths.......

Local Fox4 reported:

Appeaser... Lol

Last edited:
Gun free zones never work for the good of the law-abiding, history has shown this to be true. Dumbass

Silly lemming, people kill people not guns. dumbass

A criminals preference for criminal activity - is a gun free zone... Lol
Criminals are cowards by nature, pushback is something they don't want…

How is it that in the United States...as more Americans buy and carry guns..our gun crime rate went down...in Canada.....with their gun control that you anti gunners love..their gun crime rate is going up...?

Past time to worry about Toronto's gun violence problem

The police stats also show homicides in 2016 are more than double what they were at the same point that year.

A lot more than double. And shootings are way up, too — 60% over 2015.

So just how many corpses will there be this year? The projections are ugly.

Crunch the numbers — which does not take into account the warm seasons to come — and it shows Toronto is on pace to match or eclipse the record number of 86.

Those who dismiss that are not only being irresponsible but negligent.

Shooting victims are up almost 40% — 117 shooting victims compared to 85 in 2015, the statistics show.

It’s good the Black Lives Matter protesters took down their tents outside Toronto Police headquarters because police are not the problem.

I have an article from last year....gun crime in Toronto was up over 50% in 2015.....how is that possible?

Forum List

Back