What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good News, At Least 160 confederate Monuments Were Finally Removed In 2020

Serioususername

VIP Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
233
Reaction score
49
Points
66
Each side of the Revolution and the Civil War believed they were right, also the main issue of the Civil War was not about slavery it was secondary. We have
distorted the reason for the Civil War and are trying to rewrite all of history over it.

Then it's kind of inconvenient that every seceding state specifically cited Slavery, AT THE TIME, as a basis for leaving the Union, isn't it.

See, this malarkey about "it wasn't about Slavery" is part and parcel of the Lost Cause Cult revisionism, which is what those monuments were executing as well. The effect of the UDC Ministry of Propaganda.


When I see monuments, shrines and statues to the British we fought in the revolutionary war, I might reconsider the ridiculous comparison between the revolutionary war and civil war.

There is no comparison.
Confederate troops are legitimate United States veterans....Brit soldiers are not.

You hate US veterans.
Are they though? Can you be a legit Veteran for the country you literally fought against though?
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
123,501
Reaction score
22,524
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
Each side of the Revolution and the Civil War believed they were right, also the main issue of the Civil War was not about slavery it was secondary. We have
distorted the reason for the Civil War and are trying to rewrite all of history over it.

Then it's kind of inconvenient that every seceding state specifically cited Slavery, AT THE TIME, as a basis for leaving the Union, isn't it.

See, this malarkey about "it wasn't about Slavery" is part and parcel of the Lost Cause Cult revisionism, which is what those monuments were executing as well. The effect of the UDC Ministry of Propaganda.


When I see monuments, shrines and statues to the British we fought in the revolutionary war, I might reconsider the ridiculous comparison between the revolutionary war and civil war.

There is no comparison.
Confederate troops are legitimate United States veterans....Brit soldiers are not.

You hate US veterans.
Are they though? Can you be a legit Veteran for the country you literally fought against though?

Oddjob is wrong. They weren't US veterans. They were CSA veterans.
It kind of couldn't be simpler.
 

9thIDdoc

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
7,180
Reaction score
2,478
Points
325
I don't know why you guys are arguing with this old doddering idiots. The simple fact of the matter is people who want these statues up are losing, their opinions are useless and in the minority. They'll bitch and moan on the internet and only on the internet will it matter.

Statues are not about History, they're about reverence, we do not revere the useless idiot traitors who wanted to keep slavery and fought for it. But for all those who want to curl up in a ball and pretend like they know the best, they're still that last ballwark for the "real" truth; carry on- you don't matter, and very few people care about you.
No we do not revere useless idiot traitors nor do we like you much for your nasty slander of our ancestors. "We"? You flatter yourself thinking you are a part of "we". You ae the pathetic whining minority revisionists.
 

Serioususername

VIP Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
233
Reaction score
49
Points
66
I don't know why you guys are arguing with this old doddering idiots. The simple fact of the matter is people who want these statues up are losing, their opinions are useless and in the minority. They'll bitch and moan on the internet and only on the internet will it matter.

Statues are not about History, they're about reverence, we do not revere the useless idiot traitors who wanted to keep slavery and fought for it. But for all those who want to curl up in a ball and pretend like they know the best, they're still that last ballwark for the "real" truth; carry on- you don't matter, and very few people care about you.
No we do not revere useless idiot traitors nor do we like you much for your nasty slander of our ancestors. "We"? You flatter yourself thinking you are a part of "we". You ae the pathetic whining minority revisionists.
You do revere idiot useless traitors, if you revere the Confederacy. I don't care if you love your ancestors and say your poor uncle Thomas was fighting for whatever reason. But the Confederacy as an...Organization was about one thing, and that thing was Slavery. "We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority- it's why despite your complaining online more and more statues come down. Do you understand you've been in the minority for a very long time? Or do you honestly believe that "Silent Majority" none sense?

No one is revising anything, taking down statues doesn't change whats written in History books... though in some places it should come hand in hand. You know, I'm talking about the places that make people like you who think Slavery wasn't the reason for the War.
 

9thIDdoc

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
7,180
Reaction score
2,478
Points
325
Good news for left loons, not so much for us against trying to erase history
Typical confederate mental illness. If you had an education, or even a modicum of common sense, you would know that history is what it is. It can't be erased. confederate monuments are not "history;" they are edifices created to celebrate slavery and to try and show that a lost war of tyranny was justified. And, in that respect, those monuments fail miserably. Their removal is aggressively patriotic!
If you had an education, or even a modicum of common sense, you would know that history is what it is. It can't be erased. confederate monuments are not "history;" they are edifices created to celebrate slavery and to try and show that a lost war of tyranny was justified.

And if you had an education or even a modicum of common sense you would know that history is what it is; not just whatever you decide you would like it to be. Please explain why you think you can judge the motives and morality of people who have been dead for a century and a half or so but that everybody else's opinion must be wrong. Or that you know better than anybody else the motives of those who placed the monuments. It seems pretty clear to most every knowledgeable person that most were placed to honor people they thought deserved it; not slavery; not tyranny; not traitors. Those things are simply your deliberate slander. To top it all off a great many of the monuments desecrated had absolutely nothing to do with the Civil War or it's issues. Including the Vietnam veterans memorials in DC as well as others. How do you justify that? You think that your judgements are infallible? Prove it with some of that real history you talk about but obviously know little of.
 

9thIDdoc

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
7,180
Reaction score
2,478
Points
325
I don't know why you guys are arguing with this old doddering idiots. The simple fact of the matter is people who want these statues up are losing, their opinions are useless and in the minority. They'll bitch and moan on the internet and only on the internet will it matter.

Statues are not about History, they're about reverence, we do not revere the useless idiot traitors who wanted to keep slavery and fought for it. But for all those who want to curl up in a ball and pretend like they know the best, they're still that last ballwark for the "real" truth; carry on- you don't matter, and very few people care about you.
No we do not revere useless idiot traitors nor do we like you much for your nasty slander of our ancestors. "We"? You flatter yourself thinking you are a part of "we". You ae the pathetic whining minority revisionists.
You do revere idiot useless traitors, if you revere the Confederacy. I don't care if you love your ancestors and say your poor uncle Thomas was fighting for whatever reason. But the Confederacy as an...Organization was about one thing, and that thing was Slavery. "We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority- it's why despite your complaining online more and more statues come down. Do you understand you've been in the minority for a very long time? Or do you honestly believe that "Silent Majority" none sense?

No one is revising anything, taking down statues doesn't change whats written in History books... though in some places it should come hand in hand. You know, I'm talking about the places that make people like you who think Slavery wasn't the reason for the War.
Who said I revered the Confederacy? I don't especially. Nor do I revere the Northern union as you seem to. This in spite of the fact that I had ancestors at least one of which fought on each side. The idea that the Confederacy was about one thing is your invention. Yes, slavery was an issue and an important one because the wealth of the South depended on cotton and the production of cotton at that time depended on slavery as it had for some time. Slavery was legal and considered moral. Continued slavery was mostly an economic issue and the South reacted much like the North would have had the South demanded it cease the use of all machinery in it's factories. Nobody wants to be impoverished. And nobody wanted to allow the federal government to dictate State law so some States replaced the federal government with one they liked better. Live and let live.
The idea that the Union fought to free the slaves and the South fought to keep slaves is mostly hype and propaganda. It's far more accurate say that the North fought to keep control of the people and resources of people that no longer felt they could tolerate what they considered an abusive federal government. Which is actually a pretty good example of tyranny itself.

"We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority-

And that is highly imaginary-but delusional- bullshit. And even if it wasn't it is not just cause to break the law. Obey the law and we got no problem. Otherwise we do.

And yes memorials are history. They are a statement that people cared enough about the subject to place, often at great trouble and expense, that memorial there.
And no, your opinion is not more important than theirs' no matter how much you wish to flatter yourselves otherwise. You're just another group of barbarians who think that somehow childish temper tantrums make you seen cute and special. They don't.
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
123,501
Reaction score
22,524
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
Each side of the Revolution and the Civil War believed they were right, also the main issue of the Civil War was not about slavery it was secondary. We have
distorted the reason for the Civil War and are trying to rewrite all of history over it.

Then it's kind of inconvenient that every seceding state specifically cited Slavery, AT THE TIME, as a basis for leaving the Union, isn't it.

See, this malarkey about "it wasn't about Slavery" is part and parcel of the Lost Cause Cult revisionism, which is what those monuments were executing as well. The effect of the UDC Ministry of Propaganda.

Ah, the quoted poster "disagrees" but has no response to prove me wrong. Because I'm right.

>> Although they mentioned other causes and sometimes used veiled references to defense of “life and property,” none of the secessionist was [sic] shy about making some reference to slavery as a primary cause for their dissolution of ties with a United States government that had, in their eyes, fallen under the domination of the “Black Republicans,” as a careful look through their respective ordinances will reveal.​
The attitudes of the time can be found in more detail in the rhetoric that accompanied the breaks. At the very onset, on December 20, 1860, South Carolina declared that President-elect Abraham Lincoln’s “opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery.”​
On January 7, 1861, the ordinance signed in Montgomery that “it is the desire and purpose of the people of Alabama to meet the Slaveholding States of the South, who may approve such purpose, in order to frame a provisional as well as permanent government upon the principles of the Constitution of the United States.”​
On February 2, 1861, Texas declared its decision to be “based upon the unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color—a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of the Divine Law.”​
On March 9, 1861, Arkansas’s George B. Smoote added a resolution: “Resolved, that the platform on the party known as the Black Republican Party contains unconstitutional dogmas, dangerous in their tendency and highly derogatory to the rights of slave states, and among them the insulting, injurious and untruthful enunciation of the right of the African race of their country to social and political equality with the whites.”​
On April 17, 1861 latecomer Virginia, provoked by Lincoln’s raising troops to suppress the already seceded states, declared “Lincoln’s opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery” as it cut ties with Washington. Tennessee was the 11th and last, its population divided on secession (eastern Tennesseans generally opposed it), but not on the slave issue. << --- History.net
It's recorded, dood. In writing. In 1860 and 1861.

Meanwhile the propaganda you bought from the UDC, and their monuments, is this:

>> The Lost Cause of the Confederacy, or simply the Lost Cause, is an American pseudo-historical,[1][2] negationist ideology that advocates the belief that the cause of the Confederate States during the American Civil War was a just and heroic one.[3] This ideology has furthered the belief that slavery was just and moral, because the enslaved were happy, even grateful, and it also brought economic prosperity. The notion was used to perpetuate racism and racist power structures during the Jim Crow era in the American South.[4] It emphasizes the supposed chivalric virtues of the antebellum South. It thus views the war as a struggle primarily waged to save the Southern way of life[5] and to protect "states' rights", especially the right to secede from the Union. It casts that attempt as faced with "overwhelming Northern aggression". At the same time, it minimizes or completely denies the central role of slavery and white supremacy in the build-up to, and outbreak of, the war.[4]
... Though the idea of the Lost Cause has more than one origin, its proponents mainly argue that slavery was not the primary cause of the Civil War.[10] In reaching that conclusion, they ignore the declarations of secession by the Confederate states, the declarations of congressmen who left the US Congress to join the Confederacy, and the treatment of slavery in the Confederate Constitution.[11] They also deny or minimize the wartime writings and speeches of Confederate leaders, such as CSA Vice President Alexander Stephens's Cornerstone Speech, instead favoring the leaders' postwar views.[12] << (Wiki)​
Wanna see that "Cornerstone Speech"? Here's the relevant passage:
>> ts foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.[2]

Our confederacy is founded upon principles in strict conformity with these laws. This stone which was rejected by the first builders "is become the chief of the corner"—the real "corner-stone"—in our new edifice.[1] << (March 21, 1861 by Alexander Stephens, VP of the CSA)​
I'm afraid these are recorded quotes. You don't get to "disagree" that they exist.


Now I've got a post-barnacle who clicks a "disagree" with the proof of everything claimed in the post, sitting right there.

Hard to believe.

And here's YET ANOTHER post-barnacle trying to "disagree" with the fact that the quoted post had a "disagree" put on it. Even though it's sitting right here on the page.

Hallucinogenics just ain't what they used to be.
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
123,501
Reaction score
22,524
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
I don't know why you guys are arguing with this old doddering idiots. The simple fact of the matter is people who want these statues up are losing, their opinions are useless and in the minority. They'll bitch and moan on the internet and only on the internet will it matter.

Statues are not about History, they're about reverence, we do not revere the useless idiot traitors who wanted to keep slavery and fought for it. But for all those who want to curl up in a ball and pretend like they know the best, they're still that last ballwark for the "real" truth; carry on- you don't matter, and very few people care about you.
No we do not revere useless idiot traitors nor do we like you much for your nasty slander of our ancestors. "We"? You flatter yourself thinking you are a part of "we". You ae the pathetic whining minority revisionists.
You do revere idiot useless traitors, if you revere the Confederacy. I don't care if you love your ancestors and say your poor uncle Thomas was fighting for whatever reason. But the Confederacy as an...Organization was about one thing, and that thing was Slavery. "We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority- it's why despite your complaining online more and more statues come down. Do you understand you've been in the minority for a very long time? Or do you honestly believe that "Silent Majority" none sense?

No one is revising anything, taking down statues doesn't change whats written in History books... though in some places it should come hand in hand. You know, I'm talking about the places that make people like you who think Slavery wasn't the reason for the War.
Who said I revered the Confederacy? I don't especially. Nor do I revere the Northern union as you seem to. This in spite of the fact that I had ancestors at least one of which fought on each side. The idea that the Confederacy was about one thing is your invention. Yes, slavery was an issue and an important one because the wealth of the South depended on cotton and the production of cotton at that time depended on slavery as it had for some time. Slavery was legal and considered moral. Continued slavery was mostly an economic issue and the South reacted much like the North would have had the South demanded it cease the use of all machinery in it's factories. Nobody wants to be impoverished. And nobody wanted to allow the federal government to dictate State law so some States replaced the federal government with one they liked better. Live and let live.
The idea that the Union fought to free the slaves and the South fought to keep slaves is mostly hype and propaganda. It's far more accurate say that the North fought to keep control of the people and resources of people that no longer felt they could tolerate what they considered an abusive federal government. Which is actually a pretty good example of tyranny itself.

"We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority-

And that is highly imaginary-but delusional- bullshit. And even if it wasn't it is not just cause to break the law. Obey the law and we got no problem. Otherwise we do.

And yes memorials are history. They are a statement that people cared enough about the subject to place, often at great trouble and expense, that memorial there.
And no, your opinion is not more important than theirs' no matter how much you wish to flatter yourselves otherwise. You're just another group of barbarians who think that somehow childish temper tantrums make you seen cute and special. They don't.

Monuments are **STILL** not "history". Never have been, aren't now, and never will be in the future. PERIOD.

History is recorded in what we call "books". When you find somebody going out burning all the history books, you let us know. But until then, edifice complexes and graven images are irrelevant.
 

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2017
Messages
30,242
Reaction score
14,433
Points
1,600
Location
Tejas
I'm very happy to read about this. I hope it continues.

All of those monuments and statues should be in a museum where they belong.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

Racism is now over.

Yeah.

:laughing0301:

(you are a stupid motherfucker)
 

Jets

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2019
Messages
2,514
Reaction score
1,240
Points
210
These statues are being put in a museum.

Not seeing the problem here...
 

Concerned American

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2020
Messages
5,837
Reaction score
6,051
Points
1,893
Location
In your head
They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.
You are a moron. The soldiers in the Civil War, Union or Confederate were all Americans following their consciences along the norms of accepted society at the time. The fact that society changed in no way diminishes the greatness of those men. You cannot revise history by cancelling it. It happened, good or bad. It wasn't good that Lincoln went out during the second battle of Bull Run to have a picnic either. But he did it and got his ass run back to the WH. But that was the way things were during that time and revisionist history/cancel culture will not change that fact no matter how many statues you remove. MLK was a womanizer too, does that mean we remove all mention of him in our history? Of course not.
 

themirrorthief

Diamond Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Messages
1,315
Reaction score
1,144
Points
1,893
I don't know why you guys are arguing with this old doddering idiots. The simple fact of the matter is people who want these statues up are losing, their opinions are useless and in the minority. They'll bitch and moan on the internet and only on the internet will it matter.

Statues are not about History, they're about reverence, we do not revere the useless idiot traitors who wanted to keep slavery and fought for it. But for all those who want to curl up in a ball and pretend like they know the best, they're still that last ballwark for the "real" truth; carry on- you don't matter, and very few people care about you.
No we do not revere useless idiot traitors nor do we like you much for your nasty slander of our ancestors. "We"? You flatter yourself thinking you are a part of "we". You ae the pathetic whining minority revisionists.
You do revere idiot useless traitors, if you revere the Confederacy. I don't care if you love your ancestors and say your poor uncle Thomas was fighting for whatever reason. But the Confederacy as an...Organization was about one thing, and that thing was Slavery. "We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority- it's why despite your complaining online more and more statues come down. Do you understand you've been in the minority for a very long time? Or do you honestly believe that "Silent Majority" none sense?

No one is revising anything, taking down statues doesn't change whats written in History books... though in some places it should come hand in hand. You know, I'm talking about the places that make people like you who think Slavery wasn't the reason for the War.
the confederacy was made up of democrats
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
123,501
Reaction score
22,524
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
Each side of the Revolution and the Civil War believed they were right, also the main issue of the Civil War was not about slavery it was secondary. We have
distorted the reason for the Civil War and are trying to rewrite all of history over it.

Then it's kind of inconvenient that every seceding state specifically cited Slavery, AT THE TIME, as a basis for leaving the Union, isn't it.

See, this malarkey about "it wasn't about Slavery" is part and parcel of the Lost Cause Cult revisionism, which is what those monuments were executing as well. The effect of the UDC Ministry of Propaganda.

Ah, the quoted poster "disagrees" but has no response to prove me wrong. Because I'm right.

>> Although they mentioned other causes and sometimes used veiled references to defense of “life and property,” none of the secessionist was [sic] shy about making some reference to slavery as a primary cause for their dissolution of ties with a United States government that had, in their eyes, fallen under the domination of the “Black Republicans,” as a careful look through their respective ordinances will reveal.​
The attitudes of the time can be found in more detail in the rhetoric that accompanied the breaks. At the very onset, on December 20, 1860, South Carolina declared that President-elect Abraham Lincoln’s “opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery.”​
On January 7, 1861, the ordinance signed in Montgomery that “it is the desire and purpose of the people of Alabama to meet the Slaveholding States of the South, who may approve such purpose, in order to frame a provisional as well as permanent government upon the principles of the Constitution of the United States.”​
On February 2, 1861, Texas declared its decision to be “based upon the unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color—a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of the Divine Law.”​
On March 9, 1861, Arkansas’s George B. Smoote added a resolution: “Resolved, that the platform on the party known as the Black Republican Party contains unconstitutional dogmas, dangerous in their tendency and highly derogatory to the rights of slave states, and among them the insulting, injurious and untruthful enunciation of the right of the African race of their country to social and political equality with the whites.”​
On April 17, 1861 latecomer Virginia, provoked by Lincoln’s raising troops to suppress the already seceded states, declared “Lincoln’s opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery” as it cut ties with Washington. Tennessee was the 11th and last, its population divided on secession (eastern Tennesseans generally opposed it), but not on the slave issue. << --- History.net
It's recorded, dood. In writing. In 1860 and 1861.

Meanwhile the propaganda you bought from the UDC, and their monuments, is this:

>> The Lost Cause of the Confederacy, or simply the Lost Cause, is an American pseudo-historical,[1][2] negationist ideology that advocates the belief that the cause of the Confederate States during the American Civil War was a just and heroic one.[3] This ideology has furthered the belief that slavery was just and moral, because the enslaved were happy, even grateful, and it also brought economic prosperity. The notion was used to perpetuate racism and racist power structures during the Jim Crow era in the American South.[4] It emphasizes the supposed chivalric virtues of the antebellum South. It thus views the war as a struggle primarily waged to save the Southern way of life[5] and to protect "states' rights", especially the right to secede from the Union. It casts that attempt as faced with "overwhelming Northern aggression". At the same time, it minimizes or completely denies the central role of slavery and white supremacy in the build-up to, and outbreak of, the war.[4]
... Though the idea of the Lost Cause has more than one origin, its proponents mainly argue that slavery was not the primary cause of the Civil War.[10] In reaching that conclusion, they ignore the declarations of secession by the Confederate states, the declarations of congressmen who left the US Congress to join the Confederacy, and the treatment of slavery in the Confederate Constitution.[11] They also deny or minimize the wartime writings and speeches of Confederate leaders, such as CSA Vice President Alexander Stephens's Cornerstone Speech, instead favoring the leaders' postwar views.[12] << (Wiki)​
Wanna see that "Cornerstone Speech"? Here's the relevant passage:
>> ts foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.[2]

Our confederacy is founded upon principles in strict conformity with these laws. This stone which was rejected by the first builders "is become the chief of the corner"—the real "corner-stone"—in our new edifice.[1] << (March 21, 1861 by Alexander Stephens, VP of the CSA)​
I'm afraid these are recorded quotes. You don't get to "disagree" that they exist.


Now I've got a post-barnacle who clicks a "disagree" with the proof of everything claimed in the post, sitting right there.

Hard to believe.

And here's YET ANOTHER post-barnacle trying to "disagree" with the fact that the quoted post had a "disagree" put on it. Even though it's sitting right here on the page.

Hallucinogenics just ain't what they used to be.

And now here he is "disagreeing" that he just "disagreed" with yet another "disagree". Like some hall of mirrors.

I'm about ready to conclude a nine-letter two syllable word is just beyond some people's ken. Posters post among us with no clue what the word "disagree" means.

Watch, now he'll 'disagree' and take the position that I'm NOT ready to conclude that.
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
123,501
Reaction score
22,524
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
the confederacy [sic] was made up of democrats [sic]

Two corrections:
One: The Confederacy never had any political parties at all. Prove me wrong.
Two: In English we capitalize proper nouns. Confederacy; Democrats
 
Last edited:

daveman

Diamond Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
64,981
Reaction score
15,863
Points
2,180
Location
On the way to the Dark Tower.
You’re into Marxist censorship.
You need to be removed.
The creation of these monuments and statues was motivated by fear, racism, and hate – not to ‘honor’ those who fought in the Civil War.

They were created to reinforce and codify black codes, Jim Crow laws, and segregation.

It is perfectly appropriate to remove these monuments as those who engaged in treason against the United States and committed war crimes deserve no commemoration.
Sooo...Democrats are tearing down statues Democrats built to honor Democrats who fought to preserve a Democrat tradition.
 

9thIDdoc

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
7,180
Reaction score
2,478
Points
325
I don't know why you guys are arguing with this old doddering idiots. The simple fact of the matter is people who want these statues up are losing, their opinions are useless and in the minority. They'll bitch and moan on the internet and only on the internet will it matter.

Statues are not about History, they're about reverence, we do not revere the useless idiot traitors who wanted to keep slavery and fought for it. But for all those who want to curl up in a ball and pretend like they know the best, they're still that last ballwark for the "real" truth; carry on- you don't matter, and very few people care about you.
No we do not revere useless idiot traitors nor do we like you much for your nasty slander of our ancestors. "We"? You flatter yourself thinking you are a part of "we". You ae the pathetic whining minority revisionists.
You do revere idiot useless traitors, if you revere the Confederacy. I don't care if you love your ancestors and say your poor uncle Thomas was fighting for whatever reason. But the Confederacy as an...Organization was about one thing, and that thing was Slavery. "We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority- it's why despite your complaining online more and more statues come down. Do you understand you've been in the minority for a very long time? Or do you honestly believe that "Silent Majority" none sense?

No one is revising anything, taking down statues doesn't change whats written in History books... though in some places it should come hand in hand. You know, I'm talking about the places that make people like you who think Slavery wasn't the reason for the War.
Who said I revered the Confederacy? I don't especially. Nor do I revere the Northern union as you seem to. This in spite of the fact that I had ancestors at least one of which fought on each side. The idea that the Confederacy was about one thing is your invention. Yes, slavery was an issue and an important one because the wealth of the South depended on cotton and the production of cotton at that time depended on slavery as it had for some time. Slavery was legal and considered moral. Continued slavery was mostly an economic issue and the South reacted much like the North would have had the South demanded it cease the use of all machinery in it's factories. Nobody wants to be impoverished. And nobody wanted to allow the federal government to dictate State law so some States replaced the federal government with one they liked better. Live and let live.
The idea that the Union fought to free the slaves and the South fought to keep slaves is mostly hype and propaganda. It's far more accurate say that the North fought to keep control of the people and resources of people that no longer felt they could tolerate what they considered an abusive federal government. Which is actually a pretty good example of tyranny itself.

"We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority-

And that is highly imaginary-but delusional- bullshit. And even if it wasn't it is not just cause to break the law. Obey the law and we got no problem. Otherwise we do.

And yes memorials are history. They are a statement that people cared enough about the subject to place, often at great trouble and expense, that memorial there.
And no, your opinion is not more important than theirs' no matter how much you wish to flatter yourselves otherwise. You're just another group of barbarians who think that somehow childish temper tantrums make you seen cute and special. They don't.

Monuments are **STILL** not "history". Never have been, aren't now, and never will be in the future. PERIOD.

History is recorded in what we call "books". When you find somebody going out burning all the history books, you let us know. But until then, edifice complexes and graven images are irrelevant.
If monuments are not history why molest them? How is it you claim they "hurt" anybody just by existing? If they are "irrelevant" why the hard-on for tearing them down?
 

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
71,432
Reaction score
37,957
Points
2,615
Location
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Each side of the Revolution and the Civil War believed they were right, also the main issue of the Civil War was not about slavery it was secondary. We have
distorted the reason for the Civil War and are trying to rewrite all of history over it.

Then it's kind of inconvenient that every seceding state specifically cited Slavery, AT THE TIME, as a basis for leaving the Union, isn't it.

See, this malarkey about "it wasn't about Slavery" is part and parcel of the Lost Cause Cult revisionism, which is what those monuments were executing as well. The effect of the UDC Ministry of Propaganda.


When I see monuments, shrines and statues to the British we fought in the revolutionary war, I might reconsider the ridiculous comparison between the revolutionary war and civil war.

There is no comparison.
Confederate troops are legitimate United States veterans....Brit soldiers are not.

You hate US veterans.
Are they though? Can you be a legit Veteran for the country you literally fought against though?
Yes they are....Fact....Deal with it.
 

Bush92

GHBush1992
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
33,981
Reaction score
9,759
Points
1,330
I'm very happy to read about this. I hope it continues.

All of those monuments and statues should be in a museum where they belong.

People who attacked our nation causing the bloodiest war in our history, which put brother against brother, which killed over 600 thousand Americans, should never been revered or celebrated.

They should only be held in contempt. They aren't patriots. Patriots don't go to war to leave the union.

They are traitors to our nation and the last thing they deserve is our respect or any sort of monument or statue.

Orwell 1984. Communism.
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
123,501
Reaction score
22,524
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
I don't know why you guys are arguing with this old doddering idiots. The simple fact of the matter is people who want these statues up are losing, their opinions are useless and in the minority. They'll bitch and moan on the internet and only on the internet will it matter.

Statues are not about History, they're about reverence, we do not revere the useless idiot traitors who wanted to keep slavery and fought for it. But for all those who want to curl up in a ball and pretend like they know the best, they're still that last ballwark for the "real" truth; carry on- you don't matter, and very few people care about you.
No we do not revere useless idiot traitors nor do we like you much for your nasty slander of our ancestors. "We"? You flatter yourself thinking you are a part of "we". You ae the pathetic whining minority revisionists.
You do revere idiot useless traitors, if you revere the Confederacy. I don't care if you love your ancestors and say your poor uncle Thomas was fighting for whatever reason. But the Confederacy as an...Organization was about one thing, and that thing was Slavery. "We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority- it's why despite your complaining online more and more statues come down. Do you understand you've been in the minority for a very long time? Or do you honestly believe that "Silent Majority" none sense?

No one is revising anything, taking down statues doesn't change whats written in History books... though in some places it should come hand in hand. You know, I'm talking about the places that make people like you who think Slavery wasn't the reason for the War.
Who said I revered the Confederacy? I don't especially. Nor do I revere the Northern union as you seem to. This in spite of the fact that I had ancestors at least one of which fought on each side. The idea that the Confederacy was about one thing is your invention. Yes, slavery was an issue and an important one because the wealth of the South depended on cotton and the production of cotton at that time depended on slavery as it had for some time. Slavery was legal and considered moral. Continued slavery was mostly an economic issue and the South reacted much like the North would have had the South demanded it cease the use of all machinery in it's factories. Nobody wants to be impoverished. And nobody wanted to allow the federal government to dictate State law so some States replaced the federal government with one they liked better. Live and let live.
The idea that the Union fought to free the slaves and the South fought to keep slaves is mostly hype and propaganda. It's far more accurate say that the North fought to keep control of the people and resources of people that no longer felt they could tolerate what they considered an abusive federal government. Which is actually a pretty good example of tyranny itself.

"We" are the Majority, "You" are the Minority-

And that is highly imaginary-but delusional- bullshit. And even if it wasn't it is not just cause to break the law. Obey the law and we got no problem. Otherwise we do.

And yes memorials are history. They are a statement that people cared enough about the subject to place, often at great trouble and expense, that memorial there.
And no, your opinion is not more important than theirs' no matter how much you wish to flatter yourselves otherwise. You're just another group of barbarians who think that somehow childish temper tantrums make you seen cute and special. They don't.

Monuments are **STILL** not "history". Never have been, aren't now, and never will be in the future. PERIOD.

History is recorded in what we call "books". When you find somebody going out burning all the history books, you let us know. But until then, edifice complexes and graven images are irrelevant.
If monuments are not history why molest them? How is it you claim they "hurt" anybody just by existing? If they are "irrelevant" why the hard-on for tearing them down?

Actually the question relating to "irrelevant" is "why are y'all statupologists so fixated on worshiping them?"

As for the emotional bits of "molestation" (ewww) and "hurt", monuments certainly DO have a purpose, which is to make a biased POINT. That POINT is the object of derision. The point the monument is making ---- not the history that spawned it. That relationship is DIRECT, not indirect as you seem to want to make it.

All that said, I can't address why you seem to anal-yze all of this in sexual terms. Seems like you have needs that are not being met.
 
Last edited:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top