Good Luck With That- "Some Folks Were Overpaid..." 3 Million Obamacare Recipients

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Oh really. Like these deadbeats who instead chose to drive fancy cars, go the show, have the Iphone 6 and the frequent pack of smokes and cheap booze instead of purchasing health care, are going to give something they got for free back? That's not how it works. You can't expect them to all of a sudden say, "thanks, I'll pay my own way now'

I'm shocked our government is even asking for it back

-Geaux
===============================================================

"Some Folks Were Overpaid..." Over 3 Million Obamacare Subsidy Recipients Will Owe IRS

As The Washington Examiner reports,

As many as 3.4 million people who received Obamacare subsidies may owe refunds to the federal government, according to an estimate by a tax preparation firm.

H&R Block is estimating that as many as half of the 6.8 million people who received insurance premium subsidies under the Affordable Care Act benefited from subsidies that were too large, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

“The ACA is going to result in more confusion for existing clients, and many taxpayers may well be very disappointed by getting less money and possibly even owing money," the president of a tax preparation and education school told the Journal.

While the Affordable Care Act fines those who don't have health insurance, it also provides subsidies for people making up to four times the federal poverty line ($46,680).

But the subsidies are based on past tax returns, so many people may be receiving too much, according to Vanderbilt University assistant professor John Graves, who projects the average subsidy is $208 too high, the Journal reports.

Tax preparers, who frequently advertise their ability to deliver big refunds, have been working feverishly to avoid customer anger stemming from lower-than-expected refunds due to insurance premiums. They also are trying to make sure customers understand the potential fines for not having insurance.

"Eighty-five percent of our customers get a refund," said Kathy Pickering, who directs the H&R Block Tax Institute, according to the Washington Post. "That refund could be offset by the penalty. And if that happens, they're going to be understandably angry."

Some Folks Were Overpaid... Over 3 Million Obamacare Subsidy Recipients Will Owe IRS Zero Hedge

It seems, more and more each day, I am swinging around to agreeing with Gruber.

uhm I am too lazy to check-----how does this supplement stuff work? -------people get help in paying for their insurance
plan?

uhm I am too lazy to check-----how does this supplement stuff work? -------people get help in paying for their insurance
plan?

Yes, and it is a point of contention in the courts on the constitutionality of the action. One of the main gripes with many in America was yes, WE ARE PAYING the subsidy that many get. We being tax paying citizens, with higher health premiums and taxes, pay the way.

-Geaux

plan?
Yup. they get help based on an estimate of what they make. I believe the estimate is based off of last years tax information. That is where the overpayment comes in. Apparently, some of these people are making more than they did last year and it amounts to the government giving them to much in subsidy. There are going to be a lot of fairly angry people over having a bill come in at the end of the year for overpayments.

Forum List

Back