Good Grief… Occupy Wall Street Imbeciles Release 13 Demands Including “$20 Minimum Wa

When people are paid $7 an hour some jerks will still call that a "job". That isnt a "job." I would work at 1/16 speed for that kind of pay. And yet some who occupy these jobs say they are "happy to have a job." Thats bizarro.

Just like Don't Taz Me Bro, you missed my point.

But how do you know that we did "just fine"?

Were you alive before SS?

Or the income tax?

No, I didn't miss it. We didn't need govt to take care of us before all of FDR's social programs. Why was there such a big conundrum in the 30's to push for a nanny state that answers all needs....but doesn't?

No, you did miss it.

My point was that whether or not SS, welfare, and the income tax were necessarily at the time is meaningless NOW.

NOW, it's politically impossible for those programs to be ended. We didn't "need" them then - but our society certainly "needs" them now.

Just like the demands of the morons on Wall Street.

I gotcha. You're right. It's meaningless now because everyone is entrenched. If it were voluntary, I would never complain.

When people are paid $7 an hour some jerks will still call that a "job". That isnt a "job." I would work at 1/16 speed for that kind of pay. And yet some who occupy these jobs say they are "happy to have a job." Thats bizarro.

So you are too good for it?

well newsflash: You aren't.

And if you arent willing to work a job that isnt important, why the heck would anyone want to give you an important one?

No, I didn't miss it. We didn't need govt to take care of us before all of FDR's social programs. Why was there such a big conundrum in the 30's to push for a nanny state that answers all needs....but doesn't?

No, you did miss it.

My point was that whether or not SS, welfare, and the income tax were necessarily at the time is meaningless NOW.

NOW, it's politically impossible for those programs to be ended. We didn't "need" them then - but our society certainly "needs" them now.

I gotcha. You're right. It's meaningless now because everyone is entrenched. If it were voluntary, I would never complain.

Exactly.

I did my stint for a long time. I would never ever work for $7 an hour. I'd live off the land before I'd work for some lousy place for that kind of slavery. Who can live on that? Answer? NOBODY. Those are strictly for kids. Not adults who have families to feed.

No, you did miss it.

Exactly.

It will always be entrenched as long as people refuse to step up and educate people on why it's right.

If we dont talk about it, you're right, we cant change it.

We need to change it though.

"Really, I mean how ever did we survive before Social Security, the nanny welfare state, and the income tax? Everyone knows expecting personal responsibility and accountability is as radical as expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter for doing absolutely nothing at all. That's just crazy talk, man. Crazy"

I need my Social security and I never got anything handed to me on a silver platter. That only happens to the very wealthy for they havent gotten wealthy from hard work but from barely paying others to make them rich. I paid into for 50 years. Or would you rather have people live in squalor because thats where we are headed. Back to the feudal system. Hope you like serfdom. The so called "american dream" is a complete joke unless "barely getting by is the definition of it."

My parents are what you would call 'very wealthy'. They worked for it. They certainly didn't 'barely pay others' to make them rich, you fucking moron.

Stop fucking blaming others for your own failures.

Oh I'm sorry...what percentage of the population are your parents?

What bugs the shit outta me is the demand for a guaranteed living wage even if unemployed............... well now?????/ why in the fuck would any of us opt for employment????? you'd be the biggest dumb ass on the planet to actually toil for money whilst the left winged shit throwing monkeys sat around and laughed at ya...

Just like Don't Taz Me Bro, you missed my point.

But how do you know that we did "just fine"?

Were you alive before SS?

Or the income tax?

No, you did miss it.

I think that we as a nation are smart enough to come up with a plan to wean ourselves off of Social Security if we wanted to and actually improve the end results for our citizens. Unfortunately, there are too many who don't understand that. There are too many people that actually believe the government is efficient.

Immie

And if you arent willing to work a job that isnt important, why the heck would anyone want to give you an important one?

That's just it, today kids show up at the job site with an arts degree or some fuckin' useless piece of paper, and feel entitled to the same pay and job as the guy who's done it 20yrs. They are waaaay to good to do the grunt work while paying their dues and working their way up, like the rest of us on the job have done.

What bugs the shit outta me is the demand for a guaranteed living wage even if unemployed............... well now?????/ why in the fuck would any of us opt for employment????? you'd be the biggest dumb ass on the planet to actually toil for money whilst the left winged shit throwing monkeys sat around and laughed at ya...

I'm sure our progressive "pals" would come up with an answer to that. They'd probably make it illegal for those WITH a job to quit it. Under the new laws if you were working you'd be compelled to keep working in order to subsidize those who don't. This would be justified by referring to it as "doing your fair share".:eusa_eh:

That's just it, today kids show up at the job site with an arts degree or some fuckin' useless piece of paper, and feel entitled to the same pay and job as the guy who's done it 20yrs. They are waaaay to good to do the grunt work while paying their dues and working their way up, like the rest of us on the job have done.

Sounds like you have been recently replaced by someone with a "fuckin' useless piece of paper."

They feel that they're owed. The thought of working thier way up never occurred to them. Actually? Those that want high pay and little/no experience are spoiled jerks in my book.

Sounds like you have been recently replaced by someone with a "fuckin' useless piece of paper."

No, I'm the prick that sends them kicking stones after enough of their bullshit.

Find the biggest radicals and make them the general rule...pfffft- TY propaganda machine...I'm for $10.50, the equivalent if 1968's min. wage. Doing away with the min. wage is just more Banana Republic stuff, unbelievable. BTW, the min wage in Australia is $15, NZ $13. Hello!!!!???

Why does the federal government need to establish an minimum wage if it can be done by a state government, if that government finds it necessary?
Usurping the 9th and 10th Amendments perhaps?

They feel that they're owed. The thought of working thier way up never occurred to them. Actually? Those that want high pay and little/no experience are spoiled jerks in my book.

My experience has shown those who skate through school just to get a useless degree will also try to skate through life expecting the America they condemn to look after them. I try to toss these resumes now, fuck 'em.

The point of the movement is to highlight the fact that so many Americans are disenfranchised and lack the opportunities for success.

A $7.00 an hour job is not an opportunity for success and no one should be happy about it. It is a return to the days of Serfs and Lords and we (the Surfs) are supposed to be happy for any scrap they let us have. This is the trickle-down effects we got from the tax breaks for the wealthy.

Crazy idea. Let's eliminate the Federal minimum wage.

That's not crazy. Minimum wage mandates would not be necessary if we lived under a system of fair taxes and a budget balanced by law.

why not just balance the budget? Why do we need a law to do what we all know needs to be done?

Why dont we have a system of fair taxes? a 9% flat tax seems good. Why not that?

Because income taxes are unfair to high income groups and consumption taxes are unfair to low income groups, the fairest tax going is a blend of consumption and income taxes. Herman Cains 9-9-9 is such a proposal: 9% flat income tax + 9% general sales tax + 9% business income tax.

As long as We, The People demand that such a proposal is not watered down with deductions, exclusions, credits and or other favoritism, a large percentage of the corruption in DC would end.

Fair taxes, a budget balanced by law and then build an economy your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

My experience has shown those who skate through school just to get a useless degree will also try to skate through life expecting the America they condemn to look after them. I try to toss these resumes now, fuck 'em.
And throw fits like the jerks protesting Wall Street.

"Really, I mean how ever did we survive before Social Security, the nanny welfare state, and the income tax? Everyone knows expecting personal responsibility and accountability is as radical as expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter for doing absolutely nothing at all. That's just crazy talk, man. Crazy"

I need my Social security and I never got anything handed to me on a silver platter. That only happens to the very wealthy for they havent gotten wealthy from hard work but from barely paying others to make them rich. I paid into for 50 years. Or would you rather have people live in squalor because thats where we are headed. Back to the feudal system. Hope you like serfdom. The so called "american dream" is a complete joke unless "barely getting by is the definition of it."

My parents are what you would call 'very wealthy'. They worked for it. They certainly didn't 'barely pay others' to make them rich, you fucking moron.

Stop fucking blaming others for your own failures.

Oh I'm sorry...what percentage of the population are your parents?

The point, little moronic one, is that you have no idea who these 'very wealthy' people are or how they have achieved their wealth. You're judging them because they have more money than you. Idiot.

Forum List

Back