Good girls sing to acoustic guitar

Grunge ain't the only electric guitar music.

An electric guitar is actually like a voice. It can be made to cry, sing, scream etc.
More like bowed instruments. Bow parts usually sound good on electric guitars.

At the virtuoso level it is extremely difficult to play and your assumption that any proficient acoustic guitar player can just pick up an electric and play at the highest level is just wrong.
Nevertheless, it will be easier to switch from acoustic to electric guitar than vice versa. An electric guitarist will have to learn almost from scratch.

More like bowed instruments. Bow parts usually sound good on electric guitars.

Nevertheless, it will be easier to switch from acoustic to electric guitar than vice versa. An electric guitarist will have to learn almost from scratch.
No. Almost every person who plays electric also plays acoustic guitar

Grunge ain't the only electric guitar music.
I think grunge is the closest thing to acoustic guitar playing. For example, Nirvana stuff sounds equally good on acoustics and electric instruments. Or something like Cranberies

No. Almost every person who plays electric also plays acoustic guitar
Playing an acoustic guitar is not difficult, you can learn it in a month. But there is a very high threshold of skill.

Playing an acoustic guitar is not difficult, you can learn it in a month. But there is a very high threshold of skill.
As there is with an electric.

The skills are different but no less difficult to master

As there is with an electric.

The skills are different but no less difficult to master
No. I have already said that the right hand of an electric guitarist almost does not work, it's like a bow.

I think overall acoustic stringed plucked instruments are the most complex and flexible instruments with endless possibilities. The sitar can sound like both an acoustic guitar and a violin. No one can compare in skill with plucked players.

Forum List

Back