Good bye to a product never to be made ever again........

Bet you'll never beat the longevity of the Cenntenial light bulb.
It's been burning for 115 years. Other than being off for ten hours in 2013, it's been on continuously.

ctbulb.jpg

19 years ago, I purchased at HomeDepot a florescence light bulb that promised to last 10 years.....I bought 2 at the huge price of 19.00. I was taken aback at the price but I bought it anyways......tonight after 19 years of being on continuously, (I had it in my laundry room all these years, always on).....tonight it finally flickered out and I have to give a shout out about it.....

It was made by a company called Ology, first of the flourence spiral design bulbs to hit the market about 20 years ago......and it performed well, staying on all these years..unfuckinbelievable!!
images

Of course today, what I purchase back then is out of commission because God forbid you buy anything in this country that isn't shit....or its nothing but short lived bs copy cat bulbs....but this product was the first and only of its kind in my opinion ever made that kept to his promise of longevity...so I salute its maker and I sigh, knowing a product of this kind, that actually lasts and gives you your money worth.....WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY OF MARKETING AGAIN!!

thus the American way!!!

i have bought 1000s of them for the hotels management

they dont really last all that long

currently on the last hotel conversion to LED
They don't last long....today....but back then....them bulbs was kick ass. Sorry.
they never had been what was claimed

19 years ago, I purchased at HomeDepot a florescence light bulb that promised to last 10 years.....I bought 2 at the huge price of 19.00. I was taken aback at the price but I bought it anyways......tonight after 19 years of being on continuously, (I had it in my laundry room all these years, always on).....tonight it finally flickered out and I have to give a shout out about it.....

It was made by a company called Ology, first of the flourence spiral design bulbs to hit the market about 20 years ago......and it performed well, staying on all these years..unfuckinbelievable!!
images

Of course today, what I purchase back then is out of commission because God forbid you buy anything in this country that isn't shit....or its nothing but short lived bs copy cat bulbs....but this product was the first and only of its kind in my opinion ever made that kept to his promise of longevity...so I salute its maker and I sigh, knowing a product of this kind, that actually lasts and gives you your money worth.....WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY OF MARKETING AGAIN!!

thus the American way!!!
I refuse to buy one of those lights.
I don't buy em anymore, because they're no better than a standard light bulb, but this one that I bought back in the day....man, I tell you, it lasted for almost 20 years...20 years always on, never off...it was the bomb and I hate that I will never see a product like this again on the market...it worked and it worked well.....yeah, the shit today...not worth a piece of shit, as is most shit out of China and Mexico!!
Thank your electrician. A good, dependable electrical connection maximizes a lightbulb's lifespan. You got some solid wiring in your house.
Amen. And obviously non-union.

images

thus the American way!!!
I refuse to buy one of those lights.
I don't buy em anymore, because they're no better than a standard light bulb, but this one that I bought back in the day....man, I tell you, it lasted for almost 20 years...20 years always on, never off...it was the bomb and I hate that I will never see a product like this again on the market...it worked and it worked well.....yeah, the shit today...not worth a piece of shit, as is most shit out of China and Mexico!!
Thank your electrician. A good, dependable electrical connection maximizes a lightbulb's lifespan. You got some solid wiring in your house.
NOT....my home was built in the 40's.
Could have easily been rewired recently. In the 1940's wires had a cloth exterior and over time became a fire hazard. The load on such a system would have been very low and modern appliances would blow those glass fuses constantly. I highly doubt you have original wiring.

I am not going to give a lecture on being eco-conscious, but we have limited resources on this earth, and they do not restore themselves when they are gone.

You are living in a time where you can be as wasteful as you want and die without consequences, but the least you could do is give consideration for future generations by turning your goddamn lights off when they are not being used.

images

thus the American way!!!

They don't last long....today....but back then....them bulbs was kick ass. Sorry.
As long as you don't turn them off and on the bulbs today will last just as long. It is the turning off and on that kills them.

images

thus the American way!!!

Yea mercury! Yea does last very long in the outdoors. Yea LEDs.

images

thus the American way!!!

As long as you don't turn them off and on the bulbs today will last just as long. It is the turning off and on that kills them.

dude i set up hotels which of course have hundreds of lights that stay on 24/7

I dont see those results

in fact many are rated for 10,000 hours

but usually last about 7500 hours which is less then a year

Forum List

Back